Sports Related Bucket List

hogan873

See a game at all 30 MLB parks (only been to US Cellular, Wrigley and Miller Park. I drove right next to the Reds and Cardinals ballparks once while on vacation).

Baseball HOF

At least one NFL, NBA and NHL game.

Seeing a WS game or a Superbowl would be nice but I doubt it’ll ever happen.

I'd love to go to a Bulls playoff game. Haven't been to one since 1975 when they beat the Kansas City-Omaha Kings!

More realistically, I want to go to more minor league games/ballparks. They're affordable and I love the quaint atmosphere. Also, I need to get back to spring training; had an absolute blast seeing the whole 2012 spring training. Very top of my list though is a White Sox playoff or World Series game. After spending my entire life in the Chicago area I had to pick the summer of 2005 to move to Utah. Just my kind of luck.

I recently was working with a golf pro and we ran through my bag and shoot video on my swing for a project. I'm thinking of dedicating some time to my game and see if I can be back to a 5 handicap or so. Mostly for the stress relief.

Cooperstown is #1 on the list. Not only for the HOF, but I can stop at Ommegang, which is one of my favorite breweries!

The Final Four is another big one. My Dad used to buy tickets from the lottery regularly, but would wuss out late and sell the tickets. I was never happy about that, especially when one of them was 2005, my senior year at Illinois. :angry:

There are a ton of other ones I'd love to do as well. A lot of the college venues would probably be next (haven't really been to any of the famous ones other than ND on a non-game day way back). A Premier League game, all the baseball stadiums (only been to 5 active ones), and a World Cup knockout stage game would also be on there. I don't have nearly enough funds to do ALL of them though.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

For those of you saying a SEC football game, I would suggest going to Ole Miss if possible. I love tailgaiting for Tennessee games, and Alabama, Georgia, LSU (night game) are awesome too. But The Grove is so unique. It's hard to truly comprehend it until you go. And Oxford is a pretty charming town as well.

The difficult thing about an Ole Miss game is that it's impossible to find a hotel b/c Oxford is so small. You'd have to rent out a house (or apartment) for the weekend, which is what I did last October for the UT-Ole Miss game.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 10:18 AM)
For those of you saying a SEC football game, I would suggest going to Ole Miss if possible. I love tailgaiting for Tennessee games, and Alabama, Georgia, LSU (night game) are awesome too. But The Grove is so unique. It's hard to truly comprehend it until you go. And Oxford is a pretty charming town as well.

The difficult thing about an Ole Miss game is that it's impossible to find a hotel b/c Oxford is so small. You'd have to rent out a house (or apartment) for the weekend, which is what I did last October for the UT-Ole Miss game.

A couple of my friends went to Ole Miss for the Miss State game a few weeks back and said it was amazing. The one problem? $40-50 covers to get into bars afterwards. What the s***?

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 11:20 AM)
A couple of my friends went to Ole Miss for the Miss State game a few weeks back and said it was amazing. The one problem? $40-50 covers to get into bars afterwards. What the s***?

Yeah, I experienced the same thing. It was bulls***. But every bar was packed so I understand why the bar owners do it. Nobody is going to be the one who stays home while everyone else is at the bars.

I talked to some friends who graduated recently from Ole Miss and they told me it was something that started this year. Previously, they had never dealt with more than maybe a $5 cover, and even that was rare.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 10:18 AM)

This was #2 on my list. Ole Miss, night game at LSU, or Tuscaloosa.