French Newspaper Attack

Soxbadger

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 10:45 AM)
all 3 gunmen in the hostage situation are dead. French dont f*** around

It'll be interesting to see what they do with the 2nd attack that happened this morning. A man and woman holding up a kosher market or something like that.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 10:07 AM)
Are we now going to blame the hostages for being or associating with Jews in France, because being Jewish is offensive to certain people?

This is why you have to confront terror with defiance, because they can't be reasoned with.

Are you saying that every media business should be required to print these cartoons?

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 10:47 AM)
It'll be interesting to see what they do with the 2nd attack that happened this morning. A man and woman holding up a kosher market or something like that.

Apparently those people were involved with the recent murder of a policewoman and they may be connected to the other attack.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 10:48 AM)
Are you saying that every media business should be required to print these cartoons?

I took it as it is silly to place blame on Charlie Hebdu staff for "provoking" these attacks, as seen by the later attacks. These aren't logically motivated attacks, they are hitting "western" symbols, so you can't change your behavior as they will just find something else to fight about.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 10:48 AM)

I think he's saying, in one way or another, that we -- as a society -- shouldn't tolerate them having to be afraid to print them if they choose to do so.

And if he's not saying it, I am.

We, as a people, and as a government shouldn't tolerate any publication having to be afraid to print this sort of thing, because some wackados may not like it. Because if it's not this they're opportunistically offended by, it'll be about something else.

Edited by Y2HH

Im not sad these guys are dead, but I wish they would have spent the rest of their existence in tiny cells unable to see the sky. They got what they wanted, what they did will be celebrated among the extremists.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 10:54 AM)
I took it as it is silly to place blame on Charlie Hebdu staff for "provoking" these attacks, as seen by the later attacks. These aren't logically motivated attacks, they are hitting "western" symbols, so you can't change your behavior as they will just find something else to fight about.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 10:54 AM)
I think he's saying, in one way or another, that we -- as a society -- shouldn't tolerate them having to be afraid to print them if they choose to do so.

And if he's not saying it, I am.

We, as a people, and as a government shouldn't tolerate any publication having to be afraid to print this sort of thing, because some wackados may not like it. Because if it's not this they're opportunistically offended by, it'll be about something else.

These would be correct.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 10:47 AM)

I believe this was the same situation. But I could be wrong.

This story makes me extremely sad. I believe we as people have become somewhat desensitized to violence as it is prevalant in the world we live in; that being said these cartoonist were expressing their freedom of speech ( I believe they have that in France).

I really think we need to stop kowtowing to muslims and their feelings. They are not the only ones in the world.

Edited by pettie4sox

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 10:58 AM)
Im not sad these guys are dead, but I wish they would have spent the rest of their existence in tiny cells unable to see the sky. They got what they wanted, what they did will be celebrated among the extremists.

Yeah, I really hope they get the ones in the warehouse alive.

Also, looks like 4 hostages were killed, so this was not a success.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 11:39 AM)
Does she get virgins too or will she become a virgin for one of these muslims in the afterlife?

great question, there has to be some sort of incentive

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 11:25 AM)
I believe this was the same situation. But I could be wrong.

Well the 2 brothers were from the newspaper attack, and the 3rd suspect turned himself in yesterday I believe.

The kosher market incident was 2 people (man and woman) involved in a cop shooting yesterday and this hold up. The man got killed but i guess the woman escaped.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 11:37 AM)
So the woman suspect escaped. wtf

How does that happen? I bet she was the aggressor of the whole situation.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 10:07 AM)
Are we now going to blame the hostages for being or associating with Jews in France, because being Jewish is offensive to certain people?

Yes, it is their own fault. They knew that Jewish people are offensive to the terrorists so they should not associate with them. If Jewish, they should convert to a religion that is less offensive to the terrorists. If they don't they are using poor judgement and can't complain when something bad happens to them.

Well, at least that what I was told previously in this thread; If you offend terrorists, you get what you deserve.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 11:37 AM)
So the woman suspect escaped. wtf

I'm still trying to figure out how the Charlie shooters managed to stay on the run until now. The office shooting portion of Wednesday's attack took about 10 minutes by itself. Prior to that, they managed to stumble into the wrong address. Afterwards, they calmly drove off, but not before going out of their way to shoot the injured police officer. I'm not an expert in dealing with people walking around shooting things with an AK-47, but wouldn't those 10-15 minutes be enough for police in a city like Paris to get into position to at least follow the car as it drove off?