French Newspaper Attack

Soxbadger

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 02:57 PM)
I'm still trying to figure out how the Charlie shooters managed to stay on the run until now. The office shooting portion of Wednesday's attack took about 10 minutes by itself. Prior to that, they managed to stumble into the wrong address. Afterwards, they calmly drove off, but not before going out of their way to shoot the injured police officer. I'm not an expert in dealing with people walking around shooting things with an AK-47, but wouldn't those 10-15 minutes be enough for police in a city like Paris to get into position to at least follow the car as it drove off?

I mean, I guess the surprise of the attack and the getaway car being there and ready could explain that. But jebus Christmas, this girl was holding people hostage in a store surrounded by law enforcement and helicopters. How did she get out?!?!?

My wife's cousin lives in Paris and they are forcing everyone to remain indoors. She said it is crazy

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 04:21 PM)
I mean, I guess the surprise of the attack and the getaway car being there and ready could explain that. But jebus Christmas, this girl was holding people hostage in a store surrounded by law enforcement and helicopters. How did she get out?!?!?

My wife's cousin lives in Paris and they are forcing everyone to remain indoors. She said it is crazy

Well, she didn't look like the other guys, so a quick change of clothes and she could possibly blend in with the captives.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 05:21 PM)

Lots of reports said the other 2 came out shooting. That's a pretty solid distraction.

Man. Never thought I'd agree with Hannity, and I've been trying to give Islam the benefit of the doubt... I mean... I've got Muslim friends... but I just can't do it anymore. Radical Islam needs to be destroyed, and the non-radicals are refusing to speak out, and therefore are equally culpable in my mind. It's their responsibility to control and redifine their religion, but either they agree with the Islamists or they're cowards. And either way it's unacceptable.

Ugh.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jan 10, 2015 -> 08:46 AM)
Man. Never thought I'd agree with Hannity, and I've been trying to give Islam the benefit of the doubt... I mean... I've got Muslim friends... but I just can't do it anymore. Radical Islam needs to be destroyed, and the non-radicals are refusing to speak out, and therefore are equally culpable in my mind. It's their responsibility to control and redifine their religion, but either they agree with the Islamists or they're cowards. And either way it's unacceptable.

Ugh.

I'm sorry but this is all kinds of bulls***. There are so many different sects of Christianity, and some of them are racist/prejudice/violent, it is not the fault of the rest of them for not controlling the bad ones.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 10, 2015 -> 10:07 AM)
I'm sorry but this is all kinds of bulls***. There are so many different sects of Christianity, and some of them are racist/prejudice/violent, it is not the fault of the rest of them for not controlling the bad ones.

The word that gets me out of there is "Destroyed" because that implies to me our usual technique of just blowing everything up in reply, which continues to not work.

Also worth stressing is that the number of people speaking out and not being noticed is quite high.

Crusades? Inquisition? The Catholic Church's passive approach to Hitler?

Haven't millions more in the world died in the name of Christian causes?

Is every American responsible for stopping McVeigh, Koresh, militia groups, the KKK etc.? These entities were all fighting "terroristic" wars in the name of religion and anti-government beliefs, yes? What about Fred Phelps' church or Rev. Terry Jones?

Edited by caulfield12

^^

I quickly distance myself from groups like this.

I'm wondering which way the world would be better. Just insult everyone at every time so they "get over it" and "don't know who to kill" or develop a little respect for everyone. The answer of course is somewhere in the middle.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 10, 2015 -> 09:07 AM)

...and those need to go, too.

Don't point at bad example B to negate bad example A.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jan 10, 2015 -> 08:46 AM)

Ugh.

I feel this way about ALL organized religion. At some point in time, whether in the past, present or future, some piece of those religions will commit terrible acts in the name of their god.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 10, 2015 -> 10:07 AM)

They aren't mass murdering people on a weekly basis because the mainstream condemned them and relegated them to being fringe groups. If Muslims worldwide would do that, we'd be good. Or better, at least.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 10, 2015 -> 11:06 AM)
I feel this way about ALL organized religion. At some point in time, whether in the past, present or future, some piece of those religions will commit terrible acts in the name of their god.

Haha yeah me too.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 10, 2015 -> 10:36 AM)
Crusades? Inquisition? The Catholic Church's passive approach to Hitler?

Haven't millions more in the world died in the name of Christian causes?

Is every American responsible for stopping McVeigh, Koresh, militia groups, the KKK etc.? These entities were all fighting "terroristic" wars in the name of religion and anti-government beliefs, yes? What about Fred Phelps' church or Rev. Terry Jones?

You mentioned a couple instances over decades. We're currently experiencing Islamist attacks on a weekly basis.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jan 10, 2015 -> 11:10 AM)
You mentioned a couple instances over decades. We're currently experiencing Islamist attacks on a weekly basis.

terrorism-EU-2-638x599.png

Link to original document

Image source

They do note that the "desire to create mass casualties" is a specific quality of islamic related terrorism that isn't there in many of the attacks on things like immigrants or specific religious groups.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 10, 2015 -> 10:06 AM)

I feel this way about ALL countries. At some point in time, whether in the past, present or future, some piece of those countries will commit terrible acts in the name of their country.

How about all countries? When the same terrible acts are perpetrated in the name of a country we are patriotic and defending our way of life. When those same acts are perpetrated in the cause of deeply held believes the people are terrorists and fanatics, etc.

If we are following elected officials, yeah! If we are following our own deeply held beliefs, nay!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 10, 2015 -> 11:47 AM)
terrorism-EU-2-638x599.png

Link to original document

Image source

They do note that the "desire to create mass casualties" is a specific quality of islamic related terrorism that isn't there in many of the attacks on things like immigrants or specific religious groups.

Lol @ data framing to fit your context.

There's also no proof or explanation of the numbers as they've laid them out.

Edited by Reddy

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 10, 2015 -> 04:06 PM)

in the past many religion have used their so called religious belief to justify their actions. but

i hope and do know in this day of age, they have been educated and have learned form

their terrible actions.

islamic radicals are a whole different group there is no logic, no middle point with them.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jan 10, 2015 -> 10:10 AM)

Please, don't act like this stuff doesn't count because it doesn't fit your narrative.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jan 10, 2015 -> 12:14 PM)
Lol @ data framing to fit your context.

There's also no proof or explanation of the numbers as they've laid them out.

Crud, didn't paste the correct link but it was available at the 2nd.

And the fact that you're LOLing is equally refusing to look at data on the grounds that they don't fit your context.

grouping of people are wrong. islamic radicals who do wrong are the point here.

not religion and the way some are taking it and spinning it for a specific purpose.

so how do 1 group of law enforcement can deal with this terrorist sect within

the islam religion?