2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 11:07 PM)
Doesn't matter about the return at this point. The return is to get the 5.9 and 4.0 million cap hits off the books and have the young players take their spots.

lolololo so the whole screw up during the draft and after, when the hawks could have gotten them both, and didn't b/c the hawks were asking for a better rtn. this whole thing could have been avoided esp in trading Saad, b/c the hawks again were asking for a hefty rtn.

this doesn't make sense.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 07:36 PM)
lolololo so the whole screw up during the draft and after, when the hawks could have gotten them both, and didn't b/c the hawks were asking for a better rtn. this whole thing could have been avoided esp in trading Saad, b/c the hawks again were asking for a hefty rtn.

this doesn't make sense.

Saad priced himself out of consideration for the Hawks. No way they could of paid that.

Vladamir Tarasenko who scored 21 more points than Saad, in 5 less games, and is the same age, just got a 8 year 60 million dollar deal which = to 7.5 a year. Saad isn't close to his level and only making 1.5 million less.

Look, I was shocked and disappointed Hawks traded Saad, but they did get a 2 line center locked up long term now who will be playing with Kane, and Dano who is 20 who could be just as good as Saad, especially if he is on the Toews/Hossa line which I think he will. At this point, I expect a deal for Sharp similar to what Leddy got. A pretty good prospect, and some AHL depth.

Panarin-Toews-Hossa

Dano-Anisomov-Kane

Teuvo-Tikonrov-Versteeg

Desjardins-Kruger-Shaw

Morin/Tropp

Keith-Seabrook

Oduya-Hammer

TVR-Johns

Rundblad

That's still a very good team.

Saad priced himself out of consideration for the Hawks. No way they could of paid that. and if the hawks had traded those players you mention and without caring of the rtn, Saad may still have been a hawk.

Vladamir Tarasenko who scored 21 more points than Saad, in 5 less games, and is the same age, just got a 8 year 60 million dollar deal which = to 7.5 a year. Saad isn't close to his level and only making 1.5 million less. what does a player have to do with the hawks roster. different philosophy and different approaches with different priorities. lets keep the discussion with the hawks org

Look, I was shocked and disappointed Hawks traded Saad, but they did get a 2 line center locked up long term now who will be playing with Kane, and Dano who is 20 who could be just as good as Saad, especially if he is on the Toews/Hossa line which I think he will. At this point, I expect a deal for Sharp similar to what Leddy got. A pretty good prospect, and some AHL depth.

Panarin-Toews-Hossa

Dano-Anisomov-Kane lets wait and see hope he does, he has some injury history i am concern with

Teuvo-Tikonrov-Versteeg

Desjardins-Kruger-Shaw

Morin/Tropp morin was in Q doghouse, do you think it has change??

Keith-Seabrook

Oduya-Hammer oduya hasn't even signed, b/c of the salary cap restrictions. you are penciling him in and he is not on the team... get real.

TVR-Johns

Rundblad

the other 2 russian still may have signed one way or another, the 1 player i am looking to see is Dano. however, this whole adjusting salary cap is a bigger screw up than Tallon did, and posters stated the tallon incident before the draft.

Kruger and Oduya have basically agreed to deals with the Hawks. Its just a matter of time of trading Sharp and Bickell to do so to get that done, so it's on Stan now to get it done asap.

I have Morin in the line up as the 13th forward or packaged in a deal with Bickell. He's not an AHL player because he'll dominate that, he's an NHLer, just not on this team most likely.

What If the Hawks gave Saad 6 million, and still couldn't find takers for Sharp and Bickell? Saad was going to get an offer sheet, Hawks were afraid of that. So, instead of just getting draft picks, they got some proven talent to help fill some holes on the current roster because draft picks doesn't help the team win next year.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 02:42 AM)
Kruger and Oduya have basically agreed to deals with the Hawks. Its just a matter of time of trading Sharp and Bickell to do so to get that done, so it's on Stan now to get it done asap.

I have Morin in the line up as the 13th forward or packaged in a deal with Bickell. He's not an AHL player because he'll dominate that, he's an NHLer, just not on this team most likely.

What If the Hawks gave Saad 6 million, and still couldn't find takers for Sharp and Bickell? Saad was going to get an offer sheet, Hawks were afraid of that. So, instead of just getting draft picks, they got some proven talent to help fill some holes on the current roster because draft picks doesn't help the team win next year.

the hawks could have gotten rid of bickell and sharp and a total of 9.9 mil off the books before draft day. the next player to go would be steeger and his 2.2 mil.

ref oduya, let the hawks do the trade and when he signs, then fine. until then, he is a fa. it is really simple. i am talking about real time situations. not what could happen.

morin will dominate the ahl.... ok, in that statement, i really see how ........ well i won't finish this thought process. i am done with you.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 09:02 PM)
the hawks could have gotten rid of bickell and sharp and a total of 9.9 mil off the books before draft day. the next player to go would be steeger and his 2.2 mil.

ref oduya, let the hawks do the trade and when he signs, then fine. until then, he is a fa. it is really simple. i am talking about real time situations. not what could happen.

morin will dominate the ahl.... ok, in that statement, i really see how ........ well i won't finish this thought process. i am done with you.

They definitely should of gotten rid of Sharp and Bickell at the draft, I agree with you there, Stan set the bar too high on Sharp I believe.

Both Hawks beat writers, Chris Kuc and Mark Lazerus have tweeted that Oduya and Kruger are both waiting for the Hawks to clear cap space, essentially this means they already have agreed to terms. If Oduya wanted to leave, he could of the first day of free agency.

Morin has nothing left to prove in the AHL, he's done well there. He's a fringe player (3rd liner on bad teams, 4th-13th forward on good teams) most likely, he has a good shot, just doesn't play defense at all. That's why he hasn't found success, especially with a team coached by Q.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 05:05 PM)
I think Oduya needs to come back more from just a depth perspective. The D corps start to look scary when he is removed from the lineup.

Absolutely. It's a big difference having the young guys battling over the 3rd pairing spots, as opposed to having them step into a top four slot.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 03:14 AM)
They definitely should of gotten rid of Sharp and Bickell at the draft, I agree with you there, Stan set the bar too high on Sharp I believe.

Both Hawks beat writers, Chris Kuc and Mark Lazerus have tweeted that Oduya and Kruger are both waiting for the Hawks to clear cap space, essentially this means they already have agreed to terms. If Oduya wanted to leave, he could of the first day of free agency.

Morin has nothing left to prove in the AHL, he's done well there. He's a fringe player (3rd liner on bad teams, 4th-13th forward on good teams) most likely, he has a good shot, just doesn't play defense at all. That's why he hasn't found success, especially with a team coached by Q.

if a team comes in with the yrs and money, Oduya will sign with them.

just b/c is agrees, at least in principal, doesn't mean he will not sign a contract if that contract is in front of him, ready to sign.

as i said, with what stan wanted as a rtn for sharp, lets see if he comes any where near that.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 08:07 AM)
if a team comes in with the yrs and money, Oduya will sign with them.

just b/c is agrees, at least in principal, doesn't mean he will not sign a contract if that contract is in front of him, ready to sign.

as i said, with what stan wanted as a rtn for sharp, lets see if he comes any where near that.

Oh I agree that Oduya still very well can sign with another team.

And the Sharp return won't be great, Stan waited to long I think.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 02:02 PM)
Oh I agree that Oduya still very well can sign with another team.

And the Sharp return won't be great, Stan waited to long I think.

well either way, i want the best for the hawks to continue to get those shinning cups. :D

now remember, it still may happen as you and many hopes. i just like to deal with the current events and not dreams. i have been dreaming of those cups since the 60's..... and now having 3, i am greedy, i want 4 more. consecutively. ..... see, i too can dream. ;)

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 08:09 PM)
Patrick Sharp traded to Dallas Stars.

#Blackhawks acquire defenseman Trevor Daley, forward Ryan Garbutt from DAL for Patrick Sharp, Stephen Johns

Best player in this deal is Stephen Johns. Unreal.

LDF, I told you man, nothing of great value in the deal. Daley could be solid on the PP but Garbutt literally has no spot on this team. I see him getting flipped.

Edited by SoxPride18

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 08:09 PM)
Patrick Sharp traded to Dallas Stars.

#Blackhawks acquire defenseman Trevor Daley, forward Ryan Garbutt from DAL for Patrick Sharp, Stephen Johns

This trade to have to include Johns makes no sense.

QUOTE (RegionSox @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 08:24 PM)
It sounds like it only frees up a little cap space too. I really don't understand this trade.

It frees up around $3 million.

The part I don't get is that now Daley replaces Oduya, but I'm starting to believe Garbutt replaces Kruger. They're similar players but Garbutt is older.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 08:28 PM)
It frees up around $3 million.

The part I don't get is that now Daley replaces Oduya, but I'm starting to believe Garbutt replaces Kruger. They're similar players but Garbutt is older.

Garbutt is a winger. I think Versteeg is going to go now because of his 2.1 million salary. Garbutt at 900K is solid for a bottom 6 guy.

Still think they can resign both Oduya and Kruger.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 08:32 PM)
Dallas is retaining half of Garbutt's salary in exchange for Johns being in deal.

Still dumb. But as I said, with him being at 900K now and brings more "toughness", I think Versteeg and his 2.1 salary is gone now.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 02:12 AM)
Best player in this deal is Stephen Johns. Unreal.

LDF, I told you man, nothing of great value in the deal. Daley could be solid on the PP but Garbutt literally has no spot on this team. I see him getting flipped.

this trade was done and john added the enticement to get rid of sharp.

wow, this is a lousy trade, except of freeing up money and posters criticized tallon.

Daley is a 3.3 Mil cap hit....................not a lot of money saved when all said and done.

Daley had labrum hip surgery in April guy is not even healthy right now.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 09:40 PM)
Daley is a 3.3 Mil cap hit....................not a lot of money saved when all said and done.

Daley had labrum hip surgery in April guy is not even healthy right now.

Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun

Greetings from the cottage: Stars retained 50 percent of Garbutt cap hit/salary so Hawks get him at 900k. Huge key to the Sharp trade...