2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 08:45 AM)
Travis Yost

‏@travisyost

NHL playoffs:

1 v 14

2 v 17

3 v 5

4 v 9

6 v 13

7 v 10

8 v 11

12 v 15

Hawks are lucky enough to be in the 3 vs 5 matchup

I'm not really sure how that's fair at all.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 09:29 AM)
Really that is crappiest of all for St Louis. They have the third best record in all of hockey, and get the Blackhawks as a reward.

This about this: if St. Louis had won on Saturday, they would have been tied for the second best record in hockey and would still get the Blackhawks. That's so bad for the later rounds of the playoffs. The whole point of seeding is to favor the better record teams.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 09:36 AM)
The change to playing your own division first is dumb and needs to be looked at again. The central is head and shoulders better than everyone in hockey.

Agreed. One upset in the Pacific is enough to ruin later rounds of the playoffs.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 12:31 PM)
Mark Potash Verified account

‏@MarkPotash

#Blackhawks lines:

Panik-Toews-Hossa

Panarin-Anisimov-Kane

Mashinter-Teuvo-Fleischmann

Desjardins-Kruger-Shaw

Panik? No Weise/Teuvo/Fleisch line?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 12:31 PM)
Mark Potash Verified account

‏@MarkPotash

#Blackhawks lines:

Panik-Toews-Hossa

Panarin-Anisimov-Kane

Mashinter-Teuvo-Fleischmann

Desjardins-Kruger-Shaw

Guess it wasn't a concussion after all?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 12:41 PM)
Panik? No Weise/Teuvo/Fleisch line?

You complain about Panik yet see no issue with Brandon freaking Mashinter on the 3rd line? Mashinter better not see a minute of playoff ice unless injuries hit the fan. Panik has earned playing time.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 11:32 PM)
You complain about Panik yet see no issue with Brandon freaking Mashinter on the 3rd line? Mashinter better not see a minute of playoff ice unless injuries hit the fan. Panik has earned playing time.

I did see an issue with it, which is why I asked for Weise.

Mashinter is actually playing tonight.. this is almost as bad as last year when Q benched Teravainen and Vermette for "fresh legs" bad. I'm not the type to doubt a coach whose won 3 in 6, but even I am baffled by this decision. It's not like Mashinter is some tough enforcer either.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 09:50 AM)
Mashinter is actually playing tonight.. this is almost as bad as last year when Q benched Teravainen and Vermette for "fresh legs" bad. I'm not the type to doubt a coach whose won 3 in 6, but even I am baffled by this decision. It's not like Mashinter is some tough enforcer either.

I think he is focusing on adding size against a team whose philosophy is to be physical first and worry about everything else later.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 09:56 AM)
I think he is focusing on adding size against a team whose philosophy is to be physical first and worry about everything else later.

Panik is a pretty physical player though. I'd rather have Bickell's lazy ass out there if that's the case than Mashinter.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 10:00 AM)
Panik is a pretty physical player though. I'd rather have Bickell's lazy ass out there if that's the case than Mashinter.

Agreed on Bicks. I dont know if they just want the "threat" of physicality and he will end up double shifting Kaner.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 09:50 AM)

It's not the playoffs without Q making a decision that 99% of the fanbase doesn't agree it. And often times the fanbase is right, yet it keeps working out.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 01:06 PM)
Ladd is a game time decision, with his wife in Chicago who is giving birth.

Apparently her due date was May 23. That timing was perfect as a member of the Jets, not so much with the Hawks.