**2015 World Series - Mets vs Royals**

flavum

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jirschele rewarded for not risking the out at the plate.

On second glance, the throw wasn't as bad as thought, but it certainly wasn't the way Lagares used to throw a couple of seasons ago, either.

The Wizard of Hos delivers!!! #Royals take a 3-1 lead! #TakeTheCrown

REALLY stretching things with nicknames. Dark Knight? Wizard of Hos? Bring back Chris Berman (just not for play by play or any analysis, haha).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 28, 2015 -> 08:46 PM)
s***. This kc team is unreal.

Degromm's offspeed pitches are meat tonight. Evidenced by his low strikeout total. I haven't been impressed with him tonight.

But yes, KC is good and I'm GLAD they're winning. Give some inspiration to Hahn and company to compete with the World Series champions......hopefully

Everyone before the series began gave the advantage to the Mets' pitching (and they still might win this thing) but beating the Cubs' young hitters and beating a lot of veteran/experienced guys in KC who are the best in the league in general at making contact and specifically at hitting 95+ fastballs is another matter altogether.

Not to mention the fact that the Mets' offense is basically dormant so far, and Ventura looming in Game 3 has the best stuff of any of that staff.

And you're down to the Mets' third best young pitcher...who has the biggest fastball, which plays right into the Royals' hands.

deGrom had allowed 4 runs in the playoffs & 5 runs total in last 5 starts dating to 9/27. He allows 4 in one inning. 4-1 Royals.

In his three previous postseason starts, Jacob deGrom had allowed 6 hits or fewer in each OUTING. Surrendered 5 hits in that INNING.

Marc Carig@MarcCarig

@ctl131 @MarcCarig These aren't all mistakes. They're just in everything. Great at what they do.

Elias Sports Bureau: Home teams that win the first two games of a best-of-7 postseason series go on to win the series 80.8 percent of the time (42-10).

And the Cueto rollercoaster is back at a peak again, after the valley which followed the clinching game.

Definitely think he has tons more confidence pitching at home and against an NL opponent...comfort level exponentially higher.

Edited by caulfield12

Hansel....wonder if his parents are familiar with the children's fairy tale?

My name is Hansel Robles, and I'm the new most interesting man in the world (at least according to Dos Equis).

Michael Baron@michaelgbaron

Jake had what? 3 swings and misses? He was throwing 95-98 mph. They fouled those pitches - out of the zone - off. #mets

AdamRubinESPN

Adam Rubin@AdamRubinESPN

Ex-Met watching the game on TV texted me that he couldn't figure out what, but Royals clearly had something on deGrom tipping pitches in the stretch.

Another example here. Gordon just fouled off 98 mph off the outside edge from Robles. That's a whiff with any other team. #mets

Edited by caulfield12

They are chanting Johnny Cueto's name at Kauffman Stadium. It is friendlier than the Canadian/Yinzer version...or the PNC (Pirates) version.

Another ex-Met told me deGrom may speed up on fastball and slow on secondary pitches. Or, seriously, facial expression may change by pitch.

It's not really about stealing signs here I don't think. And that's not illegal last time I checked (anyway), the best in the business supposedly were the White Sox coaches. I can't remember if it was Hard Art Kuysner/Kusyner but there was definitely a Sox coach back 15-20 years ago Harrelson always raved about how he could steal opposing team's signs MOST of the time because he was so good at that, and reading lips.

Edited by caulfield12

The Mets, if they were smart and adjusted....should really think about trotting Colon or Niese out there instead of Snydegaard for Game 3.

At this point, I'm pretty sure Collins wouldn't blink and admit failure (so far)...have to think they'll continue to believe that bringing the series back to NYC will shift the tide and momentum, and that by showing weakness (changing their rotation) they're kind of admitting defeat already. That their best pitchers just aren't good enough, so they will try to "trick" the Royals instead.

Last team to rally from 0-2 in the World Series was the 1996 Yankees, who beat the Braves. The last nine teams at 0-2 have lost.

Overall, it's 81% including NLCS/ALCS and World Series where home team has a 2-0 advantage.

Edited by caulfield12