Oregon

StrangeSox

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am surprised that federal fines could not be applied to taxes...or worse, create a lien on his property.

That's an interesting idea actually, if this dude does not pay the fines if they apply to the property itself (like prop taxes) and would need to be paid upon inheritance.

Obviously his sons will abide, I know

But anyway cut off power and snacks.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 11:51 AM)
I am surprised that federal fines could not be applied to taxes...or worse, create a lien on his property.

That's an interesting idea actually, if this dude does not pay the fines if they apply to the property itself (like prop taxes) and would need to be paid upon inheritance.

Obviously his sons will abide, I know

But anyway cut off power and snacks.

FWIW due to the way the power infrastructure is out there, they can't cut off power to the refuge without cutting off power to everyone else on that online unless they have physical access to the refuge. They're also on well and septic, so they've got as much water as they want.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 11, 2016 -> 04:34 PM)
Why is the Waco comparison bad here? I mean, in Waco you had brain-washed innocents, allegedly. Here you have a bunch of seditionists and/or traitors. A drone strike would be ok with me.

Yeah, I can agree here. These are armed terrorists who took over a federal building. They need to be run off one way or another.

The FBI caught an awful lot of s*** after Ruby Ridge (rightfully so, that thing was botched from the start and their rules of engagement were insane) and Waco (questionable tactics, lots of people end up dead). It helped drive the militia movement and culminated in OKC. Since Waco, the FBI generally takes a much less aggressive approach, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

There's also the argument that law enforcement is letting these guys hang themselves as much as possible as long as they don't pose an immediate violent threat. The SW Michigan Hutaree militia case really upped the requirements for just how far along the FBI needs to go before a serious conviction will stick.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 12:24 PM)
The FBI caught an awful lot of s*** after Ruby Ridge (rightfully so, that thing was botched from the start and their rules of engagement were insane) and Waco (questionable tactics, lots of people end up dead). It helped drive the militia movement and culminated in OKC. Since Waco, the FBI generally takes a much less aggressive approach, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

There's also the argument that law enforcement is letting these guys hang themselves as much as possible as long as they don't pose an immediate violent threat. The SW Michigan Hutaree militia case really upped the requirements for just how far along the FBI needs to go before a serious conviction will stick.

I couldn't care less. If you take up arms against the US Government, you should expect to die. You want to live? Don't undertake an armed insurrection.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 12:27 PM)
I couldn't care less. If you take up arms against the US Government, you should expect to die. You want to live? Don't undertake an armed insurrection.

I think they have some women and children there now? They were openly bragging about using them as shields at Bundy 1.0.

I don't have any sympathy for these guys, but I still would prefer that this be resolved peacefully. An armed assault also puts LEO at risk, as well as the federal property itself.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 12:29 PM)
I think they have some women and children there now? They were openly bragging about using them as shields at Bundy 1.0.

I don't have any sympathy for these guys, but I still would prefer that this be resolved peacefully. An armed assault also puts LEO at risk, as well as the federal property itself.

Which is exactly why we shouldn't give them the time to complicate things more. This should already be done.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 04:14 PM)
They were right to wait and see what they did at first, I think. The next steps needed to be an array of attempts at peaceful resolution with direct, unarmed contact - not sure if that has happened yet? Should have, it seems. By this point, they need to start being firm.

They've met with them several times now. They've been asked to leave by the local sheriff and the community.

-c5a4fc1f31702573.JPG

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 04:22 PM)
They've met with them several times now. They've been asked to leave by the local sheriff and the community.

-c5a4fc1f31702573.JPG

That's the Sheriff, and that's fine as a start, but I was talking Feds. A county sheriff with a department of 4 officers doesn't have enough juice to convince those guys of anything or carry any sort of weight. He's just the initial olive branch.

They were taking down BLM fences the other day, and claimed that it was done at the request of a local rancher who was going to lose his ranch otherwise.

Rancher says he doesn't know what they're talking about.

"I work with BLM," Puckett said. "I have no problem with them." He said government officials told him of their plans to erect the fence, which he said "has not nor will it affect my cattle operation."

"I am a good steward of the land. ... In no way do I feel that I am entitled to the refuge for grazing," he said.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 04:51 PM)
They are now forming a "common law grand jury" to indict the local judge, sheriff.

Sovereign Citizens seem to believe that the Constitution (as they imagine it) is full of literally magic words and if they cast the correct legal spell, they will win.

MAGIC!

Free inhabitants and sovereign citizens are hysterical.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 14, 2016 -> 06:24 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=3287847:date=Jan 12, 2016 -> 04:51 PM:name=StrangeSox)-->
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 04:51 PM)
<!--quotec-->They are now forming a "common law grand jury" to indict the local judge, sheriff.

Sovereign Citizens seem to believe that the Constitution (as they imagine it) is full of literally magic words and if they cast the correct legal spell, they will win.

MAGIC!

Free inhabitants and sovereign citizens are hysterical.

Until it turns out like this

Their daily livestreams have been full of all sorts of crazy. Crisis Actors, False Flag, Communists, "Libtard," "butthurt," chemtrails, FEMA death camps.

Edited by StrangeSox

Homeland Security Looked Past Antigovernment Movement, Ex-Analyst Says

Daryl Johnson once worked in the branch of the Department of Homeland Security that studied the threats posed by antigovernment groups. His former office was shut down more than five years ago.

But when members of an armed group took over a federal wildlife refuge in Oregon last week, Mr. Johnson was not surprised.

In 2009, the former analyst wrote a report that warned of a growing antigovernment movement and the possible recruitment of returning military veterans that could “lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone-wolf extremists.”

His words drew fierce criticism from Republican lawmakers and conservative news media, labeling the report an unfair assessment of legitimate criticisms of the government. The document was retracted after Janet Napolitano, who was then the Homeland Security secretary, apologized to veterans, and the Extremism and Radicalization Branch was quietly dismantled.

Former Speaker John A. Boehner, Republican of Ohio, who was then House minority leader, criticized Ms. Napolitano for the department’s failure to use the term “terrorist” to describe groups such as Al Qaeda, while “using the same term to describe American citizens who disagree with the direction Washington Democrats are taking our nation.”

After the criticism, the Homeland Security Department reduced the number of analysts who studied domestic terrorism that was unconnected to foreign threats. Last September, Jeh Johnson, the Homeland Security secretary, created the Office for Community Partnerships in order to counter violent extremism. The office works with local communities and focuses on both domestic and foreign threats, the department said.

But Daryl Johnson, who is now a security consultant in the Washington, D.C., area, said the focus of the community partnership office is different from his former branch at Homeland Security. “It has nothing to do with putting together intelligence, analysis or law enforcement,” he said.

These people are garbage

4,000 artifacts stored at Oregon refuge held by armed group

Bundy said people interested in archeology are welcome to explore the refuge, but that cattle ranchers and loggers should have priority when it comes to land use.

"Before white man came, so to speak, there was nothing to keep cattle from tromping on those things," Bundy said.

Though some countries had domesticated cattle 10,000 years ago, the animals came to the United States with European settlers.

"We also recognize that the Native Americans had the claim to the land, but they lost that claim," Bundy said. "There are things to learn from cultures of the past, but the current culture is the most important."