**2016 Video Game Thread**

ChiliIrishHammock24

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ May 24, 2016 -> 09:59 PM)
I casually struck out 16 batters with Sale in 8 IP and only 108 pitches or so. Didn't even know until they showed the Player of the Game card and I saw it. Haha, would have tried harder for 20!

I got 20 Ks with Sale on a CG 120 pitches lol.

Also, pretty cool that they have WAR now for each player in the players statistics section. Pretty sure they didn't have that last year, so I like that new feature.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 25, 2016 -> 10:56 AM)
I got 20 Ks with Sale on a CG 120 pitches lol.

Also, pretty cool that they have WAR now for each player in the players statistics section. Pretty sure they didn't have that last year, so I like that new feature.

They did not, although it's neither fWAR or bWAR, it's their own calculation, and I don't like how it's measured to 2 decimal places. It's like batting average being seen as .3004 instead of .300.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ May 25, 2016 -> 11:05 PM)
Veteran for both. I need to bump my pitching up a level though.

Yeah pitching is too easy on veteran. I play online a lot so I play on all-star. It's definitely a lot harder to spot your pitches than veteran and rookie.

Hitting is another story. Even with zone hitting, I find it hard to hit the CPU since they don't get into a pattern as much as online players.

Edited by chw42

I put Fallout down back in December after getting to Level 28 or so and I've picked it back up to finish it and get all the trophies.

The Benevolent Leader achievement/trophy is such a pain in the ass.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ May 27, 2016 -> 12:01 PM)
I put Fallout down back in December after getting to Level 28 or so and I've picked it back up to finish it and get all the trophies.

The Benevolent Leader achievement/trophy is such a pain in the ass.

I never got too deep into playing with the settlements and didnt even want to bother with that one. It seemed like it would take hours and hours of grinding

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 11:52 AM)
It's very good. Reinhardt 4 lyfe.

I think I've logged the most time as Pharah. You can get so many easy knockoff kills with her on the right maps.

Also lots of fun: Tracer, Roadhog, Symmetra, Mercy.

I suck with: Genji, Winston, Mei

The rest I haven't really tried out enough. I need to play all of them. Gah it's so good!

Witcher 3: Blood & Wine is great. Kind of overwhelming just how much there is of it and how much variety there is in the quests. Really puts my recent experience in Far Harbor in stark contrast as that DLC is priced higher but offers a fraction of the content.

Got a PS4 the other day. I've been thinking about it for over a year now but the release of Uncharted 4 (I wound up getting the special bundle with this for $370 plus tax which I thought wasa decent deal) and FFXV coming soon I thought now was the time over the summer. I'm a pretty casual gamer and have no interest in VR and won't have 4K anytime soon so I'm not concerned about the new model coming out next year. For now just going to enjoy UC4 and get FIFA in the fall. I'll get The Show eventually too but I don't want to be buying both games every year, so I think I'll pick up MLB 16 early next year when I can get it cheap and that'll tide me over until '18.

Any game recommendations? I have terrible internet so multiplayer isn't really an option for me. And I don't really like shooters. I have my eyes on Firewatch and the Middle-Earth game from a couple years back (big Tolkien fan).

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jun 18, 2016 -> 09:59 PM)
Anyone else here play Rocket League? Been playing it with friends from work for a few months now. Crazy addicting.

Yea one of my fave games. Rockey hockey is the best.

QUOTE (3GamesToLove @ Jun 18, 2016 -> 08:44 AM)
Any game recommendations? I have terrible internet so multiplayer isn't really an option for me. And I don't really like shooters. I have my eyes on Firewatch and the Middle-Earth game from a couple years back (big Tolkien fan).

Firewatch is good. Life is Strange and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture are good games in a similar genre to Firewatch. Resogun is a must-have if you like twin stick shooters at all.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 18, 2016 -> 10:11 PM)
Yea one of my fave games. Rockey hockey is the best.

Yeah, the hockey version is killer. I don't like how much the ball bounces in the soccer version. I wish you could play hockey single player. I only play multiplayer when one of my buddies is on to play with.

QUOTE (3GamesToLove @ Jun 18, 2016 -> 08:44 AM)
Got a PS4 the other day. I've been thinking about it for over a year now but the release of Uncharted 4 (I wound up getting the special bundle with this for $370 plus tax which I thought wasa decent deal) and FFXV coming soon I thought now was the time over the summer. I'm a pretty casual gamer and have no interest in VR and won't have 4K anytime soon so I'm not concerned about the new model coming out next year. For now just going to enjoy UC4 and get FIFA in the fall. I'll get The Show eventually too but I don't want to be buying both games every year, so I think I'll pick up MLB 16 early next year when I can get it cheap and that'll tide me over until '18.

With the announcement of Detroit: Become Human, which looks amazing, I HIGHLY recommend Heavy Rain. They re-released for PS4. Doesn't require internet, isn't a shooter, but it has the best storyline of any game I've ever played, and the "choose your own adventure" aspect of it is well done.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 01:12 AM)
With the announcement of Detroit: Become Human, which looks amazing, I HIGHLY recommend Heavy Rain. They re-released for PS4. Doesn't require internet, isn't a shooter, but it has the best storyline of any game I've ever played, and the "choose your own adventure" aspect of it is well done.

Oh, my brother LOVES that game. He studied creative writing and focused on the "choose your own adventure" aspect of games in some of his major writings and "Heavy Rain" featured heavily. I didn't realize there was a PS4 port. Cool, thanks.