7/8/16 - Braves @ White Sox - 7:10 - CSN+

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 07:44 PM)
He's given up four or more runs in five of his last nine starts. Not very ace like.

He's allowed a bad game, but this isn't one bad game. This is a bad stretch.

Edit- Also, this team is s***. Beyond Freeman, they have nothing.

Arrieta's going through a similar stretch, albeit his ERA is lower due to pitching in the NL. 6 ER in 6+ innings.

In fact, I'm sure there will be 10X more panic in Chicago over Arrieta than anything you hear about Chris Sale.

Pirates sweep the Cubs and there will be a LONG LONG All-Star break for the Cubs to think about how much all that hype and all those All-Stars are actually worth in the 2nd half.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 08:41 PM)
At least now I don't have to sleep to have a nightmare. The Braves, Beckham and Flowers lighting up Sale is doing that while I'm awake.

For sure :ph34r:

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 08:44 PM)
Fathom, I told you.

"Braves had a hitters meeting before the game, and Tyler Flowers ran it."

From Scot Gregor.

This shouldn't matter if you hit your spots and make good pitches. Sale consistently fell behind hitters and left fastballs right over the middle of the plate.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 08:39 PM)
Please please let sale rest. He's dead tired

Every year he gets a long rest at the AS break, that will happen again this year I bet. Doubt he starts again before Sunday or Monday

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 08:49 PM)
Fatigue has always been an issue with Sale in July/August.

He's an ace, but I wish they would manage his innings better. He has such a heavy workload that he's bound to slip up sometimes.

They HAVE done a great job of handling his inning workload every year.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 07:47 PM)
Arrieta's going through a similar stretch, albeit his ERA is lower due to pitching in the NL. 6 ER in 6+ innings.

In fact, I'm sure there will be 10X more panic in Chicago over Arrieta than anything you hear about Chris Sale.

His ERA is lower because he's pitched better. Arrieta's give up four or more runs in a game four times the entire season, and that's including tonight.

As for the second part, no offense, but I don't even live in the Midwest. So who panics about what in Chicago is pretty irrelevant to me.