Happy Thanksgiving

greg775

I'm in Florida for Thanksgiving, but I wondered why we have no holiday threads on Soxtalk. Year went by awfully fast. Happy Thanksgiving.

My question to you is: What is the favorite food you cook and eat today, or your wife cooks and you eat today or your mom cooks or your in laws cook that you eat today.

I will say pumplin pie is gross and I hate sweet potatoes.

I love my mom's dressing and mashed pots probably more than anything. Also like her rolls and my sister's green bean casserole.

If I could have only one thing it'd be mom's dressing.

GO SOX!

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 27, 2014 -> 06:35 AM)
Happy Thanksgiving, Soxtalk.

I'm working 6 hours today but get paid double, so I'm not mad. Don't have much family around me so wasn't going anywhere anyway.

Pumpkin Pie is awesome, greg. Stop yourself.

I'm also working 6 hrs because I volunteered to since I have no family around. Hopefully I get paid extra but I have no idea.

Thanksgiving is my least favorite holiday anyways but I am excited for it to be 2 so I can get home and just watch football and college basketball for the rest of the day.

I hope Soxtalk has a a great day!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 27, 2014 -> 01:39 PM)
Last Thanksgiving was with my wife's family in Southern California. Ran a turkey trot in 60 degree weather.

With my mom's family in Des Moines today, supposed to run a turkey trot in two hours. Current temperature, six f***ing degrees.

no freaking way, that is one thing that i will not miss, the cold.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 27, 2014 -> 07:37 AM)
Thanksgiving is my least favorite holiday anyways but I am excited for it to be 2 so I can get home and just watch football and college basketball for the rest of the day.

Ditto. My parents are in AZ and its just my sister and I. I've been invited over by a few friends but didn't want to leave her hanging.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 27, 2014 -> 02:38 PM)
No work today, but working tomorrow. Have 7 employees who don't have any vacation time to use tomorrow so they have to work. I opted to come in so the supervisors could take the day off.

Favorite thanksgiving foods are mashed potatoes and fresh rolls.

That's cool so many soxtalkers work hard. Also neat you go for mashed potatoes. Seems too ordinary to be a favorite, but I have to agree I get psyched for mashed pots and rolls, too.

Can't beat a hot roll.