There's Something Wrong With These People

hogan873

I think they like the attention. I think they should be ignored. Next time they show up in a city to protest, people should ignore them and walk right by them.

Putting them on TV and reporting on them is what they want.

They are a family of lawyers who position themselves to offend the highest amount of people. In political science there is something called the median voter theory. The idea is that the politician who positions themselves closest to the median voter's policy preferences will win.

These folks are doing the opposite. They triangulate political views to find the most offensive. Liberals don't like them, conservatives don't like them, Christians don't like them, etc. In this case I imagine they were represented by someone in the organization and I imagine they will be keeping the legal fees. I am under the impression that they hope that people assault them or infringe on their first amendment rights so that they can sue.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 07:23 PM)
They are a family of lawyers who position themselves to offend the highest amount of people. In political science there is something called the median voter theory. The idea is that the politician who positions themselves closest to the median voter's policy preferences will win.

These folks are doing the opposite. They triangulate political views to find the most offensive. Liberals don't like them, conservatives don't like them, Christians don't like them, etc. In this case I imagine they were represented by someone in the organization and I imagine they will be keeping the legal fees. I am under the impression that they hope that people assault them or infringe on their first amendment rights so that they can sue.

Sounds like the American Nazi Party back in the late 60's

That's a good point. You have to wonder, though, what goes through the minds of people like this. I'm no fan of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, but supporting the troops is a different matter, in my mind. The sign "Thank God for IEDs" was particularly disturbing.

Need to find someone with nothing to lose. I would gladly pay a homeless person 50 bucks to go ape s*** on this group. Let them sue him for what he has. If he gets locked up for a while...he grabs 3 squares and I'm guessing gets treated pretty dam good because everyone would know why he's there. Everytime I see this group I am disgusted.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 06:29 AM)
We can only hope that when Fred Phelps kicks the bucket, there is a massive protest outside his funeral with everyone holding signs thanking God that he is dead

Even better would be for absolutely no one to show up.