Minor League Roster announcements

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (oldsox @ Mar 29, 2013 -> 07:50 AM)
Has anyone heard anything on 3B Ravelo? Did he fix whatever problems he had last year?

Ravelo left the club in early July last year, for personal reasons. I've seen/heard rumors about what it is, but nothing substantiated, or that I'd air out. But he is indeed back in camp this spring, and is definitely still a guy to keep an eye on. He's missed a half season of development, but he was pretty young to begin with, so that's not a death nail or anything.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 29, 2013 -> 01:33 PM)
Ravelo left the club in early July last year, for personal reasons. I've seen/heard rumors about what it is, but nothing substantiated, or that I'd air out. But he is indeed back in camp this spring, and is definitely still a guy to keep an eye on. He's missed a half season of development, but he was pretty young to begin with, so that's not a death nail or anything.

He looked very good at ST and seemed to spend most of his time at 1st Base. Hit the ball well and looked good!

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 29, 2013 -> 02:33 PM)

knell

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 04:10 AM)
I'm too lazy to give the links, but according to their own twitter posts Mitchell to AAA, Walker to AA, Hawkins to high-A.

Also looks like Kanny's roster has been posted. http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t...ue&sid=t487

That is not the roster for opening day. That is just a wintertime roster, read the words at the bottom of the roster

Please note these rosters are for off-season purposes and do not necessarily reflect actual Opening Day rosters. Players will be assigned to Minor League teams at the conclusion of Spring Training.

QUOTE (floridafan @ Mar 30, 2013 -> 08:34 PM)
He looked very good at ST and seemed to spend most of his time at 1st Base. Hit the ball well and looked good!

1B? That's interesting. If he slides to 1B, he'd better develop some power.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 31, 2013 -> 10:10 PM)
I'm too lazy to give the links, but according to their own twitter posts Mitchell to AAA, Walker to AA, Hawkins to high-A.

Also looks like Kanny's roster has been posted. http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t...ue&sid=t487

QUOTE (MnSoxFan @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 07:47 AM)
That is not the roster for opening day. That is just a wintertime roster, read the words at the bottom of the roster

Please note these rosters are for off-season purposes and do not necessarily reflect actual Opening Day rosters. Players will be assigned to Minor League teams at the conclusion of Spring Training.

Kanny just tweeted that link as the correct roster - that is the one. If it was the winter one, it wouldn't have Brennan, the Johnsons, etc.

A few head-scratchers on that roster...

--Who is playing 1B? Ravelo sliding over, or Zac Fisher?

--Buddy Bell had said the Brennan-Beck-Hansen group would move together... apparently not. Beck is at A+, Brennan at A-, not sure where Hansen is.

--Offensively, that is not a real strong unit. Ravelo, Micah Johnson are the only two guys probably worth watching. Maybe Kiser.

--On the pitching side though, some fun names. Olacio, Brennan, Leyer, Hardin, Kibby, Jaye and Gunter all worth keeping an eye on. Looks like the rotation will be Brennan, Olacio, Kibby, Jaye and Leyer. Although there is that rumor about Lopez as well.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 10:17 AM)
1B? That's interesting. If he slides to 1B, he'd better develop some power.

Kanny just tweeted that link as the correct roster - that is the one. If it was the winter one, it wouldn't have Brennan, the Johnsons, etc.

A few head-scratchers on that roster...

--Who is playing 1B? Ravelo sliding over, or Zac Fisher?

--Buddy Bell had said the Brennan-Beck-Hansen group would move together... apparently not. Beck is at A+, Brennan at A-, not sure where Hansen is.

--Offensively, that is not a real strong unit. Ravelo, Micah Johnson are the only two guys probably worth watching. Maybe Kiser.

--On the pitching side though, some fun names. Olacio, Brennan, Leyer, Hardin, Kibby, Jaye and Gunter all worth keeping an eye on. Looks like the rotation will be Brennan, Olacio, Kibby, Jaye and Leyer. Although there is that rumor about Lopez as well.

I'd keep an eye on Jason Coats too. He was projected to be drafted in the top 10 rounds prior to tearing his ACL. Worth watching.

Also worth noting... no Eric Grabe. I'm guessing they have re-started Ravelo at A- because of his missed time, but that they plan to move him up to W-S pretty quickly (not much 3B depth ahead of him in the system anyway), leaving room for Grabe. Just my guess.