ST: 3/6 Game Thread, SOX @ SD, 2:05pm CT

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 05:36 PM)
putting pressure on Beckham by having him hit 2nd.... interesting esp with davidson in the lineup as well.

I respectfully suggest that you are reading too much into this line up considering it's the third game of spring training. Beckham hit second lots of times in his tenure with the Sox. Davidson is a candidate at some point for the Sox at 3B and Beckham is considered a super sub (2B, SS and 3B) Plus Gordon is at 2B in this game and is a legitimate contender for that position with Johnson and Sanchez.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 12:55 PM)
I respectfully suggest that you are reading too much into this line up considering it's the third game of spring training. Beckham hit second lots of times in his tenure with the Sox. Davidson is a candidate at some point for the Sox at 3B and Beckham is considered a super sub (2B, SS and 3B) Plus Gordon is at 2B in this game and is a legitimate contender for that position with Johnson and Sanchez.

It is just a formality saying that he is competing for the 2B job, but the only way he gets the jobs is if Micah and Sanchez are injured or show MAJOR regression from last year. Beckham is only here to be a utility infielder, that is it.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 11:55 AM)

Are you Hawk?