MELTDOWN Thread

Gene Honda Civic

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS GAME IS COMPLETE BULLs***! FOR THE PEOPLE WHO DIDNT THINK THIS WAS A BIG GAME....f*** YOU! THIS TEAM IS PLAYING LIKE A HOT ASS OF CLUSTERf***! 1 MOTHERf***ING HIT! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! AT LEAST 3 INNING WE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO SCORE A RUN OR MORE. BUT NO, WE GOTTA HIT 12472837 POP-UPS AND STRIKE OUT ON BALLS IN THE DIRT OR HIT INTO SOFT-ASS DP'S.

f*** YOU AND WELCOME BACK CORPSEBALL!

Wave good-bye to that double digit lead, folks. It gone.

If I'm the NL, I live in fear of the Cubs right now. That team is headed to the postseason, I fear. Derek Lee continues to tear the cover off the ball, the lineup will only get better with the return of Garciapara, Wood and Prior have returned, and, most amazingly, they got two top-notch pitching prospects in exchange for a steaming pile of ****.

Don't think their GM is done doing highway robbery with trades either.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 04:12 PM)
Wave good-bye to that double digit lead, folks. It gone.

If I'm the NL, I live in fear of the Cubs right now. That team is headed to the postseason, I fear. Derek Lee continues to tear the cover off the ball, the lineup will only get better with the return of Garciapara, Wood and Prior have returned, and, most amazingly, they got two top-notch pitching prospects in exchange for a steaming pile of ****.

Don't think their GM is done doing highway robbery with trades either.

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
Zero runs in the last 16 innings!!!!  yay

Against rhp, we don't have enough lefties. We played 3 lefties today, and that's including one of our benchers. A real tough righty will eat alive any team with that many righties in their order.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 04:25 PM)
The only brightside is that someone outbid me at the last second on Ebay for tickets to today's game. 

Zero runs in the last 16 innings!!!!  yay

51 of the last 58 batters were retired for the Cubs.... One runner reached second base over that stretch... (on a balk).... OBP of .121 over that stretch. NO extra base hits.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
This is hilarious. One bad game and everyone is off the bandwagon. We just had ANOTHER 8 game win streak. Geez, people.

Shut up. This series means something more to some of us. Don't come into a thread made for venting expecting compliments.

HEY WHO GIVES A f*** THE CUBS JUST WON THERE WS NOW WE CAN WIN OUR DIVISION,CUBS AINT GOING NOWHERE WE HAD A GOOD WEEK AND HEY THERE WILL BE GAMES LIKE THIS,BUT I WILL SAY THIS KW SHOULD TRADE CARL WHILE HE CAN GET SOMETHING AND NOT JUST BECAUSE HE GROUNDED INTO A DP JUST WITH FRANK BACK NOW AND ITS NOT FAIR FOR CARL EITHER NOT TO PLAY,WE NEED ANOTHER STARTER AND A BULLPEN GUY AND WHERE SET ,I DO THINK THE CUBAN CONNETTION ARE OUR BIG WEAKNESS,SO LETS NOT RIP OUR TEAM FOR THIS JON PITCHED AWSOME AND WE WILL REBOUND!!!!!!!! :gosox3:

It seems like every year one of these two teams comes into the series doing well, and the other isn't. Then, the bad team wins the series and the good team goes on a skid.

Sometimes I wish I could tell the players to their face that they sucked. That would make me feel much better than complaining on a message board. Of course, I'd be terrified to tell them that.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 09:27 PM)
This is hilarious. One bad game and everyone is off the bandwagon. We just had ANOTHER 8 game win streak. Geez, people.

I could care less about how we look against a terrible team like KC and the injury depleted Dodgers. Until our offense can compete against the top pitchers, we're not going anywhere in the postseason (if we make it). One thing almost all of our hitters do an awful job at is fouling off a tough pitch with 2 strikes. It's definitely a skill, and it seems like none of our hitters are good at it.