Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Exactly...Sox should keep Nomar...deal Jose to the Mariners for Randy Wynn or Freddy Garcia and then deal Konerko to the Dodgers for a starting pitcher. Keep Nomar...keep Williamson, keep Byun Yun Kim. I love a pen with those two, Marte and then move Koch to somewhere.
  2. I nominate you for the Mark Buehrle award...meaning most likely to become a Cardinal fan when he leaves And I love the quote in the sig. Buehrle kciks ass
  3. And then there is the infamous b****asspassionless....many many many more obscenities thread.
  4. I'll tell you his upside...shutdown defensive guard...awesome passer, very effective scorer. He can hit the three, penetrate and create for others and also create his own shot. I always see guys baiting his fakes and it creates open shots. Then again everyone would say John Stockton has no upside if he entered the league today...same with Nash when he entered the league 5 or 6 years ago out of Santa Clara. I got no problem..but Hinrich will prove to be a hell of a point guard.
  5. I've been one of the few backing Hinrich since they drafted him. Him, Chandler and Crawford are my favorite Bulls...although Crawford sucked ass tonight.
  6. Beane is gonna try and move him for a prospect and if he can't he will just non tender him...at least thats my guess.
  7. Chisoxfn replied to BrandoFan's topic in SLaM
    Read it..gonna get back to ya on Friday after my finals are done.
  8. Guillen hit in the .270 range and had a .359 OBP thats exactly what the Sox need and he will fit in most awesome in the 2nd slot in the lineup. If they can swing a deal to add Wynn as well, I'd be very confident about the Sox 1-2 punch.
  9. This is most excellent news. This deal never made sense for the get go...now lets somehow turn Jose Valentin into Randy Wynn and Carlos Guillen (Hey...I can dream can't I, although I'm more then happy if they just add Guillen for Jose.
  10. Thanks for the kind words. Site started about a year and 3 months ago and has been growing ever since. We got a great collection of posters here and more people, just like yourself are coming everyday and are adding more great Sox talk as well as humor and all the other great things that makes this one awesome community And of course, welcome board
  11. LMAO...If I'm following the 2k4 plan to sucess then the first thing on the list has to be making fun of you And I second what ss2k4 said. Just remember...and I promise, "NO NEW TAXES" This board is full of so many awesome people/posters and its great seeing what its turned into.
  12. I like Barret more then Damian Miller...good move for the Cubs.
  13. Chisoxfn replied to aboz56's topic in SLaM
    Havne't found it yet..but haven't spent much time on it either. I have to find the post where you originally attached the sig. Will do that once my finals are over.
  14. I'd acquire Nomar...swing a deal for Randy Wynn (Using Jose Valentin)..play Harris at 2nd base, Uribe ast he backup and then swing your deal for Carl Everett for cheap. With Nomar acquired, the Sox now have a lot of lee-way to make a deal with the Dodgers for Paul Konerko...since Nomar and Magglio would both be off the market. In the Nomar trade, I'd ask for Williamson to come along with Nomar for Magglio. Move Konerko for Odalis Perez (Make a push for Raffy) to replace him. The problem is the Sox still need one pitcher. And I'd try to force the BoSox to take on Koch's contract, but I don't know if they'll bite on something like that. If they did, then you could go out and sign another pitcher. Either way the Sox would save roughly .5 mill and they would have Randy Wynn, Carl Everett, Odalis Perez, Scott Williamson, and Nomar Garciapara. They'd have 4 strong starters, but I'd still say they would need to pick up a 5th. Who knows...but to do something like this...the Sox would need a 65 mill payroll so they could sign a 5th starter and raffy to play first.
  15. Oh ya...wanna add KWF as one of the best foreign correspondants since Canada just didn't get any love
  16. I was pulling for ya Spiff...you get my vote for Anger Management anyway :fyou
  17. Chisoxfn replied to aboz56's topic in SLaM
    Welcome Back Aboz...of course you didn't miss anything other then pure speculation. I think the Sox were waiting to hear your approval before they made any deals
  18. Damn, I liked Ricardo Rincon...was hoping he'd sit out there.
  19. Red Sox would probably then enter the market for Magglio, although thats pure speculation and they would be bidding with Seattle (the one left out). With Boston in the hunt, then the Yanks would probably get involved as well. Technically they could still add another outfielder and move Bernie to DH (Play Matsui in cf, Maggs in rf, Sheffield in lf) and since Nick Johnson isn't there thats a definate possibility if the Yanks are in fact scared that the BoSox would land Magglio.
  20. What makes you think that the Sox weren't the team looking to do this with Seattle? Plus Cirrillo is reportedly on his way to New York, which means they have a void at 3rd base so Jose still fits in Seattle.
  21. Thats a definate possibility, the problem is the Sox would be adding about a mill, in payroll, so they would then have to find another taker for one of their bats most likely. Of course I am fairly confident that Magglio will be dealt by Sunday...Monday or Tuesday at the latest.
  22. Dodgers would only acquire Garcia if they plan on dealing him or to give them room to deal for a bat (using Perez as bait - i think thats who they would rather deal). LoDuca, if anyone, is the only guy I could see headed to Seattle and I think that deal is pretty cold.
  23. The Dodgers won't trade for Itzuris more expensive, not so healthy clone, not near as much upside clone. I think this has nothing to do with the Dodgers. And the Dodgers would be fools, just like the Mariners were to take on Vizquels contract. I still am stunned by this deal. I still say Randy Wynn for Jose Valentin

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.