Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 10:23 AM) @danpompei: That was a stunningly poor performance by the Bears, perhaps the most dysfunctional team I ever have seen in 30 years covering the league. The bright side is, as poorly coaches as I happen to think we are, maybe someone comes in this off-season and totally surprises us. Yeah, doubt it happens but as long as I get new people in charge I'll be happy for the time being. At least then I'll have some potential in my head cause right now I see none with the current crew.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 10:06 AM) I have no interest in Cowher or Gruden. I love Gruden in his role now - he cracks me up - but after hearing his thoughts for the last several years, I'm not real excited to have him as my head coach. I really believe Emery tried to outsmart everyone with the Trestman hire, and while it was an interesting hire, I think it shows just how important leadership skills are as opposed to just x's and o's. Some guys have one or the other, few guys have both. I think Trestman falls in the former category, unfortunately. Moving forward, I don't even know what you do. I want them to go for another cerebral type guy, but I'm afraid they'll overreact and go all meathead on us. I said it again, but it isn't just a head coach. Organization has to make wholesale changes in its entirety, imo. I also will continue to say bring in a good president with football know-how. See who he wants but if he wants Harbaugh you go do it and bring in the right scouting, etc.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 09:36 AM) Gotta hope Gruden or Cowher wants to jump back in. They didn't two years ago, so not sure they would now. And they'd probably want some personnel control, and Emery isn't giving that up. How many times do I have to say who cares. He is just a big a part of this mess. The answer is real simple...wholesale organizational changes. First bring in the GM, then the head coach...and to be frank, first bring in a president as they could decide they want to go after someone like Harbaugh but it all needs to start from the very top of this organization and move on down. I'm not saying fire Phillips, I'm just saying put him in charge of the non football leadership side of the house.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 08:40 AM) I would agree, at least most of the time. What if the Bears said an assistant or 2 has to go now, and if you balk, you will be heading out the door with them? I just don't think Trestman has the status to even try to bluff falling on the sword for his assistants. Maybe he would do it anyway, but something has to happen at Halas Hall. I would guess there is a chance Trestman doesn't get canned because he has 2 years on his deal, but is there any way Tucker and DeCammillis are Bears coordinators in 2015? I would think zero chance, so why not make a statement now? This season is over. 1 team in NFL history has make the playoffs starting out 3-6. He didn't even hire Tucker (supposedly that was Emery's guy same with Joey D). I think the problem is Trestman is too much of a yes / try to please person that he can't have the difficult conversations, make the difficult changes (both in-house with his coaching staff and in-house with players and personnel decisions).
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 08:06 AM) Jen Lada @JenLada 9m9 minutes ago .@PatrickMannelly says sometimes Trestman would say "good practice" last yr & he'd look up & think "No it wasn't. Why are you lying?" Hmmm. Yeah well I keep hearing the players talk about all of these practices and it seems to be a total joke. Literally it appears there has been zero self reflection and difficult conversations / adjustments that have been made. This team has been lost and our coaching staff is an utter disaster (let alone players and GM).
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 06:14 AM) Then that is on Emery. Coaches have to be a huge problem. Even though the score reflects it, when the Bears go into Lambeau, it isn't like Augustana going into Columbus to face Ohio State where the best player on Augustana isn't as good as the worst player on OSU. I was watching the postgame shows with all the ex players who were saying some of these things that were happening shouldn't be happening after one week in training camp, let alone the 9th game of the season. And they were blaming coaches. The defensive talent level may not be on par with others, but it isn't 106 points in 2 games bad. And that is with the foot off the gas. This team probably gives up close to 80 or more each game if NE or GB leave their starters in and play a legit entire game. Offensively, there is plenty of talent. To me, and I always defend Robin, there is a huge difference in how much a coach means in football vs. baseball. Trestman has to go. His entire staff needs to go. Emery, just with his poor decision of marrying the Bears to Cutler, probably needs to go and get back into strength and conditioning. The Miami game was bad. The New England game was about as bad as it can get, until GB. Perhaps the worst Bears game of all time. They thought they had a great week of practice and were well prepared. That shows you they are clueless. That is what happens when we have the worst coaching in the league. I'm not absolving Emery either or the players and I've been saying it is time for a clean house.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 06:06 AM) If you think the coaches are the only problem, you are very wrong. When you play this badly, the problems are very, very widespread. I'd look to the team leaders on offense and defense - likely Cutler and Briggs - as tremendous failures in their positions as well. Of course, the largest problem is that the players aren't good enough. Briggs has been too busy telling everyone during the bye week (indirectly) how bad this coaching staff is compared to Lovie.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 8, 2014 -> 08:05 AM) Disagree. He has shown some flashes of being a really good player, he just doesn't understand the NBA game yet I agree. He had two games where he played very well (Orlando game and Minnesota game). Very quick, great deep shot, but more impressive is his ability to put it on the floor and even pass while driving. I've been very impressed early on with almost everyone on our roster offensively. Defensively…well it takes time to get everyone on the same page, it will happen.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 8, 2014 -> 06:22 AM) The Bulls are 5-1 and have had 3 starters miss games with injury, had perhaps the games best 6th man miss time hurt are working at least 4 new guys in to the rotation, and there still is panic. Just like with the Cavs, assuming good health, betting against the Bulls will make you look clueless when the season is over. And betting against a Thibs team to be poor defensively and not be able to rebound and play with hustle is also foolish. This will be the best non-jordan bull team in franchise history when all is said and done, imo.
-
Sox acquire Jeff Samardzija and Michael Ynoa
QUOTE (Rooftop Shots @ Nov 7, 2014 -> 08:13 AM) Just aw the end of Hit Stove, Rosenthal said Sox are showing interest in Samardjiza. (he didn't reveal his source).Cant even imagine what we would have to give up if it goes through, But Sale Q and Sam would be a nice 3 fit in the playoffs. Not sure how realistic it is of anything actually taking place through. Just wanted to throw this out there for a hope of a good established righty. I love the idea of that rotation. I just don't like the years you would have to give to Jeff.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 6, 2014 -> 11:39 AM) Not really worried about them. They have a good coach, a bunch of veterans, and basically the same team as the two playoffs teams that won 57 regular season games. Their playoff success with this team isn't exactly inspiring. Again, not saying they aren't a good team, they are, but they can't play D when it counts and that is a huge issue.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 6, 2014 -> 10:20 AM) Even if they get to the Finals, I don't think either one has much of a shot against the West. If healthy, the Spurs will dissect both of these teams. The Clippers will out run both teams. The Warriors will out shoot them (an especially bad match-up for the Bulls, who let teams shoot jump shots. The Warriors make jump shots). Have you watched the Clippers? They don't play defense and have actually been pretty lousy this year (and throughout the preseason). Again small sample size and while I'm not saying the Bulls will win, If the season were to end today, I'd take our chances with any team in this league and feel that we would have a fair shot at winning it all.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 6, 2014 -> 10:14 AM) Interestingly Shaq mentioned this in the preview of the Knicks/Bulls game last week. They went like 10-8 to start a year because no one wanted to really learn the triangle. Then they did, and they dominated. I still find it odd that Lebron would do that. Why not, ya know, have a conversation with Irving? "Hey dick, pass the ball. Do you know who I am? Do you know who Love is?" From all accounts, LBJ's basketball IQ is off the charts. I think part of it is, you can hear something 100 times but until you really see it, people struggle to change. I think in this case he looks at it as, when everyone realizes it won't work, everyone will buy-in to the bigger picture much quicker and more long-term.
-
Job Hunt Thread
I still say given how quickly the current company was to drop everyone, how could you necessarily feel safe. I think you have to look what is going to give you and your team the best long-term opportunity at success.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 6, 2014 -> 06:21 AM) There was a report that came out that suggested Lebron is letting this team sink, letting them learn the hard way that they arent what they think they are. Interesting strategy Sounds like a Phil Jackson strategy. He would often use such tactics.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 08:28 PM) Bulls aren't healthy and still are winning games and imposing their will when the time counts. Wait until this team gets its players back for 15-20 games, and watch them flourish and curb stomp teams. I completely agree. Lots of new faces and defense takes time to gel. Offensively the spacing has been very good at times and we haven't even hit that many of our open shots (and there have been a lot in the various games). Pau is playing so aggressive, but he has to put in more work on the defensive glass. Just sloppy boxing out. This is on paper the best Bulls team since Jordan, imo.
-
Job Hunt Thread
1st question would be what sort of non-compete exists in relation to your employment.
-
Hank Conger traded to Astros
QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 01:21 PM) What about for Viciedo? Maybe we get something back like a BP arm as well. I'd be all for it, but there is zero chance Houston would be.
-
Hank Conger traded to Astros
I would be okay with Castro but I'm not giving up a ton for him.
-
Election 2014
I voted for ole Jerry Brown in California. Yep, I voted for a dem. Tip my cap for the fact that there has been at least some bipartisanship in the state. Actually had two major initiatives favored by both republicans and democrats. Didn't think that could happen anymore, haha.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 11:04 AM) I guess I just don't understand the point of criticizing a player for injuries. And considering we've had 3 years of this board b****ing about it, having it reappear because of a sprained ankle that caused him to miss 2 games...just spare me. I'm with you. I think the Bulls are being extra cautious and early in the season with this team, I am okay with it. Especially because it is allowing us to get a lot of other guys minutes. Same thing with sitting Taj / Noah for a game. I hope we do a lot of just coaches decision - DNP during the season as well to ensure our guys are fresh. This was an actual basketball injury too, which again, while I don't like, it is much different then the past stuff. I'd be more pissed if we rushed him back at 50% and he ended up getting hurt cause he was favoring things. Now if he isn't playing next week, then I'll just say everyone is being soft.
-
Victor Martinez Re-signs with Tigers
Stay Civil Here.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 08:26 AM) This is Derrick Rose. He made it 1.5 games and here we go again. It's a different story. At least Jimmy Butler has taken the leap. 11 FTA and 15 FTA his first two games. Matching that offer sheet is going to suck a bag of dicks, because he's going to get filthy offers. That will be a good problem to have. I want thing to play himself into max money. Hopefully he keeps taking that step forward! Personally I think we should have stepped up our offer cause its going to cost us more going forward but at least he is saying and doing the right things. He is a bad man on defense...bad!
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Nov 4, 2014 -> 09:05 PM) What is the point of overworking some of these guys in the 4th game against the damn Magic. Who did they overwork? Snell got minutes. Butler played well. Tons of guys got minutes and productivity. Only spot we didn't do a lot of rotating was in the post-position and that was largely due to Noah being out it meant more minutes to go between Taj / Nik / Gasol. We missed a heck of a lot of cookies and easy jumpers and defense really didn't ratchet down till late but man I love the depth of this team. Dougie played nice in the 1st half but Nik really impressed as well. Did a nice job creating from near 3. He is pretty quick for a guy his size and a much better passer then advertised.
-
Jon Lester
QUOTE (Tmar @ Nov 4, 2014 -> 05:53 PM) I hear his brother Mo causes a lot of problems I LOL'd.