Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 08:43 AM) If a kid wants to stay there, they most likely are going to stay there, if none of these events had changed their mind a couple coaches won't do it. Illinois/any school recruiting there is for the kids who WANT to transfer, which I'm assuming is a vast majority of them. People are literally preventing the kids that dont' want anything to do with this from leaving the athletic facilities. It is pathetic. It is one thing if you reach out to a player who previously showed interest or you leave a call, but to seriously stalk every football player that comes out, thats pathetic, disgusting, and slimy.
  2. QUOTE (aboz56 @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 09:18 AM) I'm only back to harass Jason. Hahaha. Harass away. I hate seeing Buerhle pitching for Miami. He should always be in a Sox uniform and I really hope that a few years from now he's back.
  3. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 04:32 AM) JR on MB56 from ESPN.COM: "The only thing I can tell you is when Mark told me he had a $56-million, four-year contract offer, I told him he should take it," Reinsdorf said. "I really told Mark he had to take it. At this stage of your career, it's more money than you're worth. He said he was going to take it, but he'll back in four years." I really love Mark.
  4. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 06:40 AM) Floyd, one of Mitchell/Walker/Thompson, and one of the young relievers NOT named Reed. That should do it. That is an awful lot to give up for a guy that is going to walk. I'd give that up for Josh Johnson. I'm not doing it for Greinke. That really hinders the club in the off-season. I don't think they have enough internal arms to replace Peavy and Floyd in next years rotation (albeit, they obviously could make another move).
  5. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 09:57 AM) Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale The #Angels were rebuffed by the #Rays in their pursuit of James Shields, offering speedy OF Peter Bourjos, but the Rays want more in return Bourjo's has some nice tools for a potential leadoff hitter, but the production hasn't exactly been there. Getting Shields for Bourjos would have been very foolish of the Rays and a major coup for the Angels. That said, I think Bourjo's is a quality chip the Angels have to offer the Marlins and/or Brewers in the competition for Greinke/Johnson.
  6. QUOTE (Reddy @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 11:42 AM) are the muslims operating a business that is privy to anti-discrimination laws or a private religious institution that can do whatever it wants? I might be mistaken but the owner making a statement of his belief and actually violating anti-discrimination laws are 2 very separate things. Has there been any cases about Chik-fil-a not hiring gays, etc. Him saying that he doesn't believe in marriage, yada yada yada, is not an anti discrimination violation.
  7. http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-bulls-co...-the-2014-plan/ Good article from Doug on the Bulls being caught "in between". Thought Kyle/Wharris would enjoy it too. I definitely can see his points (and this is coming from someone who personally finds this 2014 hogwash). I think the Bulls should do everything to get Dwight.
  8. QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 02:55 PM) Does JR own the majority of the Bulls or does he own the majority of the White Sox? I remember he actually owned quite a bit of one of the teams, but can't remember which. I don't think he owns the majority of either team. In fact, I thought it was the same ownership group which owned both teams, with similar percentages, but I might be wrong.
  9. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 02:33 PM) fixed for accuracy. Jordan was paid a lot of money at the end of his run.
  10. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 02:26 PM) I know, they are perfect and faultless in your eyes. You don't have to keep reiterating it, I look forward to the next glowing report about this offseason They are one of the winningest franchises and were rebuilt into a title contender each of the past 2 years. This is the NBA, the vast majority of the league would be extremely envious of the Bulls. You also have to be careful you don't go crazy and turn into the Knicks. Knicks always pushed and so far it has done nothing but hinder them (vs. help them). I really think the Bulls would have beaten the heat. Not sure how they do against OKC, but this would all be a moot point if Rose doesn't go down. Rose now is down, you can't just magically rebuilt and make things better overnight. The reality is the management you are bashing built a legit title contender this past year (and the vast majority of NBA analyst would agree, based upon their commentary all of last year). How would the Lakers look if Kobe went down for the year. Same with the Heat and Lebron. Nothing they could do would make them contenders again.
  11. QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 12:59 PM) First of all I'm not saying it isn't the case, but how does that report prove or disprove that they haven't talked to O'Brien? If they didn't, I fully agree but I'm waiting to hear more about the situation than a couple tweets and article mentions. Tomorrow being B10 media day should provide some answers. As of now, there is zero detail out there. Given that they are literally sending out the kitchen sink should tell you there motive. They are literally going bargain shopping at the swap meet for some football players. Again, I have zero problem recruiting these players and the players have every right to look elsewhere. But it seems really below the belt (and I'm sure Illinois isn't the only team doing this) to send 6 people to go talk to probably every decent player on the team. I think the same could be accomplished in a much more classy and less public manner. But I'll also point out, most of recruiting is classless.
  12. Is Utley on the block?
  13. I'll be honest. If this team stood pat, as is, I'd have zero issues. This team is good enough to make noise. And if Sale/Peavy break down, and they very well might, well then it isn't, and getting Greinke wouldn't be much of a benefit either way. If they upgrade, great, but I'm not giving up an arm and a leg for a short term upgrade for a team that I personally believe can go the distance if all works out well (and to be frank, thats all I can ask). Note: I like this team a lot more then most. Adding Myers and Youk were great moves. Really just what was needed and without sacrificing the future.
  14. QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 01:17 PM) This is f***ing puzzling. Take the f***ing opportunity to save a highly-worked pitcher an inning and a bunch of pitches when you're up 6... Yep. Makes zero sense. You have the lead, sit Jake and let him rest. It seems like too often we've went a little longer then we should with our starters when we have big leads.
  15. I just don't like the idea of giving up a ton without getting any long-term benefit out of the player.
  16. QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 11:39 AM) @Matt_HayesSN #ESPN says Illinois sent six coaches to #PennState. In the parking lot. I don't think Zooker would do that. Classless. Do you really need to send 6 coaches to go poach through all of there players. I completely understand doing it, but reach out to the head coach, let him know, etc. Do it in a respectful manner. It isn't a freaking mall. Note: If anyone gripes, Ferentz has already been mentioned as someone who reached out directly to O'Brien.
  17. QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 12:46 PM) Sprained ankles don't heal in one day, not even the most minor ones. Depends on whether it really is sprained. I assume Sox can play some match-ups, maybe have him DH/PH at a minimum. It isn't like he's an outfielder or someone who relies on his speed. I don't expect him to miss more then a couple days. I could be wrong.
  18. Sounds like it was minor. Hopefully that is the case. Good thing there is an off-day tomorrow. Get better Youk!
  19. QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 09:05 AM) Although I think that would be a little much for Grienke, and I prefer Beckham to Weeks. It would not surprise me in the slightest if Gordon gets traded in a package. I'm a huge Beckham fan, only authentic jersey I own but he has been a huge disappointment and I could imagine he still has some trade value. KW might move him in the right deal. I would be sad to see him go but wouldn't mind seeing it if he brought back something that pushed us over the edge. I'm not sure if Grienke/Weeks is that package however. But a GB/Floyd could probably fetch us a pretty good trade. Weeks is a huge downgrade defensively. Offensively he has his own flaws and is having a brutal year. Injuries are also a major issue. Straight up, given Week's contract, I'm keeping Becks. He is in a huge slump, maybe he'll go onto one of his good streaks for the rest of the year.
  20. As much as I complain about Becks, his defense is incredibly valuable and he is in the back of the order. I just wish he'd get his head on straight and at least improve his approach at the plate. He swings at some awful crap and really has a problem staying closed. Really really love his defense though and I see significant value in the fact that he's cost controlled and heady in the field (and on the paths).
  21. I wonder when MLB takes over the Marlins.
  22. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Sox acquired Weeks (whose contract is currently brutal), Greinke, and some substantial cash in a deal involving Floyd, Beckham, and spects. Probably at least someone the caliber of a Mitchell. That partially depends on whether the Sox brass thinks Weeks can rebound. And it isn't normal for the Sox to take on a bad contract.
  23. QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 08:18 AM) "JOE! CREDE!" Ditto.
  24. What about Cliff Lee? Some rumblings the Rangers are in on him. Big game pitcher and with other contracts coming off the books, Sox could probably make Lee's deal work (albeit it would spell the end of Peavy).

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.