Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jun 22, 2012 -> 01:13 PM) Humber to the DL with a Bruised Ego. Given the current rotation situation, that doesn't make much any sense. I'm assuming Axelrod will be the starter. They can't possibly think it is Stewart? Any idea on the recovery period from a sprained flexor. I'm curious if this just came up or if he had been pitching through it for a while.
  2. Chisoxfn replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 04:13 AM) The season premiere of Falling Skies was pretty damn good. For a TV show, the special effects are pretty good. The scene when they removed the "parasite" from Tom's eye was fairly disturbing. I really enjoy Falling Skies and the 2 hour premiere was great.
  3. Miami has gotten more layups the past two games then I think I've ever seen. Wow. This sucks. I wanted a series and now it looks like Miami will win it easily. Harden has really choked. Sad that ESPN and the major pundits have spent the whole time ripping on Westbrook.
  4. QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 12:53 AM) Our third baseman of the future is back at his home in California and it's not even the all star break. There are no plans to have him return. This is horrific news. I think he's finished. He's on his own right now. Where do you get this? They have him on a training regime and he's doing exactly that. The goal is to get him back by the break.
  5. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 09:24 AM) If he hasn't even established residency yet, there is no way he is cleared and able to sign in two weeks. Who knows. I got a feeling they will find a way to get this to move very quickly. There is a lot of money at stake and if need be, I won't be surprised if certain people get bribed.
  6. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 05:52 AM) You mean McCarthy who has been over 100 IP exactly twice since leaving the White Sox? 80 total starts in five years and a .500 record? No thanks. No way is he more valuable then Mr. Danks. And I'm not saying Danks is amazing, but assuming health, I think every team in baseball is taking Danks straight up over Bmac.
  7. QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 11:14 AM) I think this sort of reeks of being a showcase start for a potential deal. However, Zach has the raw tools to be a pretty effective starter with a pretty good sinker and a good change and a curveball that is sometimes there. Used correctly, he'll hardly need anything but his sinker. It's tough to get that sinker to play out of the pen so I'm interested in seeing if he can get a nice rhythm going and getting ground balls today. This aggressive, light hitting Cubs team should not do well against a sinker because I don't think they have much of an opposite field approach across the board nor are they patient enough to wait for pitches up in the zone. Unless he's absolutely nails in this outing, he probably goes down the instant we have another starting pitcher around. If he gets shelled, I don't think he'll go straight down...still have to wait for Danks/acquired pitcher. Whatever some of you guys see, I don't see. He has the epitome of mediocre to poor stuff. There is nothing in this guy that I see that makes me think, wow, he could be good. Whomever scouted this guy with the Jays must have been smoking something cause I don't see any upside in him as is.
  8. QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 07:02 PM) I hope Stewart is DFA's or optioned to minors after tonight. He's awful. He's got such vanilla stuff with little to zero movement, its disgusting. I don't know who the hell thought he was any good. Didn't take much time watching to realize there is nothing above average about him.
  9. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 10:57 AM) You have a lot more faith in Cooper, Floyd and Humber than many do. You're probably right. 3B is an easier fix than adding pitching, which is always prohibitively expensive. If nothing else, we can always refer back to Holmberg/Hudson for Jackson to scare ourselves straight from making another desperation move like that which paralyzes our future. For all we know, one of those guys will come around. Then again, we also know Quintana won't continue to post a 1.5 ERA, either. And we do know that at some point, Sale's future and present will collide around the 150-170 IP mark. I just wish KW knew what he was doing and that there were better options to inspire confidence than Stewart, Molina, Castro and Axelrod. Well its more to the point of, ultimately you aren't going to stick Floyd into the pen. He's getting paid a lot of money and you aren't pulling him. So what are you asking, that the Sox move Humber/Q and add another starter (one who probably gets paid) to what is an already expensive rotation (Danks/Peavy/Floyd all make good money..adding a 4th to a cash strapped club doesn't make much sense to me).
  10. I will continue to reiterate that I would not make a deal to add a starter. The Sox have 6 guys capable of pitching (if you include Quintana and he should be included in this mix for the time being). If the Sox want to make an upgrade, add a veteran reliever (although I'm fine with the pen as is) or pick up a 3rd baseman. That is all I would do. Otherwise let the young players develop and see if the Sox can somehow get there magic back and win the division.
  11. Excited. Going to the Sox/Dodgers game with my pops on Sunday.
  12. QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 05:52 PM) I thought so. That would be the only reason in the world to go to both Fort Worth and Wichita is that you're in aerospace. Big places in North America for aerospace is Fort Worth, Queretaro, Mexico, Wichita, and Montreal. Yea, there's other places too, but these are big in those industries. I'm in that industry as well. We should chat. You can also come out to the West coast. Boeing, Northrop, and a lot of DOD work.
  13. For about 5 seconds I was thrown off (the use of Benjamin vs. Ben).
  14. There are also a lot of runs that don't show up as unearned that are the result of poor defense (plus runs saved based upon stellar defense). Tigers have failed to turn a ton of dp's and those failed DP's don't show up as errors.
  15. QUOTE (MEANS @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 05:28 AM) wasn't Dunn's HR a solo shot? Beckham was out at 2nd on his hit prior to Dunn's AB so bases were empty. Yep. You are right.
  16. QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 07:55 PM) No, I'm well-aware of them. There won't be an left after this year. Peavy comes off the books, but they might need to replace him. They still have Floyd (if they take his option). Same for Dunn and Rios. Plus you have AJ to deal with. And of course Danks is on the books too.
  17. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 07:53 PM) That is where the megadeals are going. Plus the Mets really really like him. I think he'll get at least Ethier money. (5 to 6 years and around 100M).
  18. Big road win against the defending champs. Love it. Q battled through; Jones with a nice relief appearance. Thorty/Crain/Reed doing there thing; Hudson with the 2 run double and Dunn/AJP with their 2 run hr's which made things relaxing.
  19. QUOTE (floridafan @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 07:35 PM) My son Eric Grabe signed in the 24th Round and is now in Arizona. Heading to Bristol Tennessee around the 18th. We are thrilled! Eric Grabe Selected in the 24th Round Awesome. Congratulations and welcome to the site. We'll be cheering for your son!!!
  20. QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 07:45 PM) I'd deal him for Wright if we could have the window. Thats an interesting idea. Hard part is the Sox are still in a financial bind, but defintiely something to consider, given the complete lack of talent the Sox have at 3rd (given that I'll never be able to count on Morel after he has surgery). I still don't think I do it though. I love cheap talent that produces, especially given the Sox attendance woes and Dunn, Rios, and Danks contracts.
  21. QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 07:39 PM) I'm thinking more along the downside of what you said...and don't get me wrong...that would be fine....but I wouldn't lose sleep over trading that away if we got back a great piece we could extend. I just don't see how the Sox can give up a cost controller guy like that and win a dael. Not too many guys in our system that can do this (and given the age of Dunn/Konerko/AJP) the Sox drastically need a young offensive threat or two. Unless I got a young dynamic CF or starting pitcher, I wouldn't deal Viciedo and I doubt anyone would give those type of guys up for Viciedo (cause there are very few of them too).
  22. QUOTE (Wedge @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 07:39 PM) Every year or just one year? I think he can put together a season, maybe two like that but I don't think he'll consistently put up those types of seasons without a lot more plate discipline. I think he has a shot of being that type of player (meaning on a yearly basis). And I don't think I've said that about any other Sox prospect since Carlos Lee (& Maggs).
  23. Tie game. Great feed to Sefolosha. Always liked him.
  24. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 07:37 PM) Would be nice to see Sefalosha still on our team. Great athleticism and great defensive energy. Yep; OKC having a real nice start to the 3rd. I hate Wade more then any player in the NBA.
  25. QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 07:33 PM) Minor League service counts as pro ball. I don't think he'll be an elite offensive force. Now I'm even more fooled, cause all he's done is got better every year (and last year he crushed the ball with the exception of the games where he was fighting his wrist injury).

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.