Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Chisoxfn replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 16, 2010 -> 11:25 AM) Those Sonata's are great cars. I tend to be interested in foreign sports cars, so buying new doesn't really make sense, because the deals you're talking about don't usually exist in that particular niche, but you definitely make a good point regarding incentives and financing for the overall new car and truck market. One note on supply, the popularity of short-term leasing in the last 10 years usually maintains a pretty solid supply of reasonably priced, low-mileage vehicles in the used-car marketplace. Obviously this applies more to certain vehicles than others, however. Just depends on what you are looking for, I suppose. Ya, I like the Sonata's. Those things are very very fully equiped at such a fair price. Far more equipped than the typical gold standard of the midsize family sedan (Camry/Accord) and for a nice buy. And with the warranty that comes with those things even if there are some issues your cost of ownership should still blow away that of the Accord/Camry. On top of it they drive nice and are very fuel efficient. If you had told me 5 years ago that I'd be considering buying a Hyundai I'd have laughed hysterically, but they've changed the game and are gaining an increasing market share in the overall auto market and especially that ever coveted family sedan market place. The Genesis is pretty badass too for the money, but I'm looking more for fuel efficiency due to my long commute with the wife taking my Honda Pilot.
  2. Chisoxfn replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 16, 2010 -> 11:05 AM) A lot of it depends on your local market, Tex. You live in Texas. Everyone there drives a truck. You probably couldn't be in a worse market to buy a used truck. Dealerships, especially those like Carmax, will ship used trucks they take in from markets like Chicago and California to their Texas stores because the demand is so much greater there. If I were you, I'd look for where the cheapest nearby markets for used trucks are. It's possible you could fly out to somewhere like New Orleans or something and drive the truck back. Just flying out and than driving your vehicle has a cost though. You are talking about a few hundred bucks for airfare, than the gas cost, and than of course your time costs. That could be factors that push it to potentially make more sense to buy new or to just buy in your area. All depends on how much added savings there is. Especially since the flip side of the argument says that being in Texas also means you have a very high supply of pick up trucks so you'd think there would still be a solid used truck supply. Again, I have no idea as I'm not looking into buying a truck.
  3. Chisoxfn replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 16, 2010 -> 09:25 AM) Perhaps...I still can't imagine it spiking enough to make buying a brand spanking new car a better investment than a 2-4 year old car with low-mileage... The problem tends to be that more and more people are keeping their cars as opposed to buying new ones so that, combined with the cars for clunkers, has lowered the supply of used cars. On the flip side, the new car suppliers who have been hurt by the economy are working on putting out new products and have some very good incentives. When you combine the two factors and again depending on the vehicle purchased, the old school theories have to be rethought. Additionally, you have to also remember to better factor in your cost of financing as well since new cars get much more preferential financing. Again though, this might not be a huge point if you are buying your car in cash, etc. It just isn't as cut and dry as it used to be. And than there are the gray areas that really have nothing necessarily to do with financial stuff such as your overall preference, changes/improvements made to the new vehicle versus the used one, etc. I know when I looked at it, the cost of ownership for me for the specific cars I'm looking at and while I went in looking to purchase a 2-4 year old vehicle, I'm now leaning much more heavily towards purchasing the new vehicle. Nothing fancy, just a Ford Fusion or a Hyundai Sonata.
  4. With the GM meetings underway I'm surprised there hasn't been much buzz or stories. These meetings can set the stages for some of the bigger deals that go down later on at the winter meetings. Or at least that is what Kenny has always said. Either way, I'm surprised with the GM's all in one place we haven't gotten any good quotes from Kenny.
  5. Chisoxfn replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    There are a lot of recent studies/financial analysis which have indicated that now in the given climate it can be more beneficial than in the past to buy new. Of course that depends on the vehicle being purchased, etc and the deals out there. I only know cause I've been doing a ton of research as of late as we get ready to replace one of our two cars in the household. The 10+ year old Isuzu.
  6. QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 06:29 PM) Gould is probably the most underrated player in the city of Chicago, but he's been mediocre this season. He's tied for his worst FG percentage since his rookie season. Maynard is the bigger culprit though, as his struggles have been well documented in the Chicago media. Maynard has been lousy. He's getting old. The one thing he does very well is get good hang time, but I think his low net return numbers are also a benefit of our special teams unit in general.
  7. QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 06:20 PM) He has had a bad year but it isn't his fault his receivers can't catch and his defense is a joke. Its funny you say that since the Skins have been winning games because there defense has been forcing turnovers left and right. Yes, they got smoked today but there defense by and large has done its job this year and it is the only reason they have won the games they did.
  8. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 01:38 PM) No Jason Gage? This list sucks. Seriously, I call bulls***.
  9. WTF is up with that extension. Is Ownership and coaching on the same page? What changed in 2 weeks?
  10. The Sox grays are my favorite and my guess is they will still be. Just win!!!
  11. Such a nice bears win. They dominated.
  12. QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Nov 14, 2010 -> 12:26 PM) It's not a Cutler game without the prerequisite red zone TO, guess we'll have to take the bad with the good. Despite the turnover I'll take his performance last week and this week. Very few poor decisions, lots of big plays and good throws and he made a lot out of a little in multiple situations.
  13. QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 14, 2010 -> 11:41 AM) You have a quota of at least 1 post like this every week don't you? What posts where he calls one of the most accurate kickers in NFL history terrible. Oh, excuse me, the worst
  14. Jenks is worthy of 4-5 million per year, imo. The problem is at 7 or 8 mill you have problems. And unlike with Liney we are talking about a one year deal. Putz will get 4-6 mill a year too, probably, at least when you factor in his incentives.
  15. Damn, that was a monster punt.
  16. Beautiful, 3 and out. How about a big Hester return!!!
  17. Now lets force a 3 and out!!!
  18. Oline did a nice job on that TD, Jay threw a great pass, and Olsen made the nice catch. Beautiful!!!
  19. That is a typo right Balta? Jenks at 5M a year would work for me.
  20. I want more Taylor. He hits the hole harder and faster and right now we needt hat.
  21. Glad to see the officials got the proper call, now lets hope Longwell misses his first field goal of the season. Maybe a Peppers block!!! yesss, missed!!!!
  22. Huge 3rd down in the red zone. Stop it Chicago. That should be intentional grounding by Favre.
  23. What the f*** Knox. That should have been a big 1st down pickup and instead its a pick and Minny is now driving thanks to two Bears defensive holding penalties. f*** f*** f***ity f***
  24. QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 13, 2010 -> 01:47 PM) I'm as big a Beckham fan as anyone on this site, but that was a three-month slump. You can't just hand-wave over it. I like Becks, in fact, I really like him, but if we could get a really top flight 5 tool young CFer than I'd do it. Or outfielder. So I don't think his untouchable, just unlikely we will deal him. I really wonder if this is the year we see a very new White Sox offense. One that won't have many familiar faces from the past two years (Dye, Paulie, Thome, AJP, CQ).

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.