Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
YOUR FIRST PLACE CHICAGO WHITE SOX!!!
Now lets stay in 1st from here on out!!!!
-
Beckham Back to the 2 Hole?
QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 05:11 AM) Well, would you? Personally I think we put him back in there after the break and give him another chance at it...Omar shouldn't be playing everyday and I know he has been serviceable in the 2 hole but... Ramirez has been doing just fine in the 2 spot and one 3 hit game isn't going to force me to move Gordon. I want him to get comfortable and get his mojo back. He seems, based upon his quotes, to be feeling a bit better with where he is, but we will see. I think it says something that White Sox mgmt still wouldn't move Gordon for a guy like Lee even though Gordon has been in a massive funk. I think they, as do the Mariners (who asked for him) know the value Beckham can have for a club (if all goes well and I sure hope it does from here on out!!!).
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 11:41 PM) I'd love for there to be tampering... The Joe Smith T-Wolves cost was 3 first rounders and the last year of his contract voided. So in theory, it would cost the Heat 6 first rounders and a year off the contracts of Bosh and James. That would be hilariously awesome, especially since they essentially gave all their picks to the Raptors and Cavs. So would it actually be 2 less years? Losing the picks prevents them from being able to do S&T deals, which means the deals ended up all being 5 year deals, so than you have to pull the 1 year deal on that? I'd say 6 picks and pushing the contracts to 4 years would be pretty worthy, as well as preventing use of the MLE A man can dream, can't he?
-
Adam Dunn Trade rumor thread
Reports out west on the radio are that the Nats aren't going to trade Dunn, but instead try to resign him. Might just be a ploy by the GM to hold as much leverage as possible though.
-
7/11 - Royals @ Sox
WOWZAS!!!!
-
7/11 - Royals @ Sox
Awesome...loving it!!! Huddy needs to go out there, throw strikes, and keep this lead!!!
-
Thome to go into HOF as a White Sox?
Won't happen. MLB has pretty much gone the way of making sure the guys go into the hall with the teams they are most known for playing with and we all know for Thome, that is the Indians. And there is no way that MLB has told Jimmy at this point (years away from being in the HOF) what hat he'll be wearing.
-
Hudson called up
Hopefully he kicks some butt. I'm bummed he has to make his first start this season in these circumstances, but hopefully he kicks some butt. I think he's ready to be a solid enough rookie #5 starter. I thought I was going to see him today at Angel stadium in the Futures Game. No idea what to expect, but was able to get tickets for 15 each since no one appears interested in going, haha.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
Bulls have reached an agreement with Asik, who will be playing with Turkey for the upcoming world championships.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
We still have another move. Even JR admitted the Bulls have to get a shoot guard. I wonder if they'll pull of a Jason Richardson or something to that degree. Or are we going to go a Raja Bell? If we could get a quality 2 guard we could be a lot better than everyone thinks.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 06:09 AM) By the way, for Bulls fans, it's probably worth pointing out that JR's rule for going into the luxury tax is that he would only do so for a team that he thought could win a title. This team can't win a title. They can't win a title if they add another $15 million shooting guard. I don't know if they could win a title if they added Kobe straight up to this roster. In other words...the Bulls are now sitting there with Boozer on a huge contract, Deng on a huge contract, Noah and Rose bordering on extensions, no SG, and they may well not add on anything major since doing so might push them over the tax level when Noah is extended. Are you insane, Kobe Bryant would instantly make us the best team in the NBA by far.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 05:42 PM) I'm sorry guys but i have to post this... "stephenasmith Uh Oh......hearing some last minute things are unfolding. Holy #@$*. Stay Tuned!!!" This has to mean it won't be Miami, but that the Knicks or Bulls are in on this or Cavs.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
Bulls*** on Ira. They would still welcome him. I don't buy that one bit.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
I still have hope. Crosses fingers!!!
-
NBA Offseason Thread
Interesting.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 04:15 PM) Sorry steve, ace, rowand, willie, but the fake dream is over. http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5365192 The question is if he's told Riley he's coming. Outside of that, no one else has heard anything or so it seems.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
Thanks, I thought it was 9, but wanted to make sure.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
How much longer until he announces? Was it 6 eastern or 9 Eastern? I've been in a long meeting and working on a report the last 2 hours.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:06 PM) It's Cleveland. I think he's staying in Cleveland or going to Chicago and I don't think he's really considering any place else.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 01:41 PM) Each team will have a representative there. Once again, the Bulls are quiet... expectant. I wonder who our rep will be. I'd feel a lot better knowing that we aren't just sending some staffer and that the Heat are sending Riley.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 01:25 PM) Wait now Sam Smith is stealing from me, this is BULLs***! And damn his article is remarkably similar to the points ive been making, maybe Im Sam Smith. Yo Chisoxfn, Where have you been hearing the Miami talk is just talk? Besides for Steve and myself, who are obviously top notch sources and have the Lebron pulse. Someone on Twitter had mentiond it. I"ve long felt that there is no way that it makes any sense for it to happen and I still think no one knows anything. However, if hte report is true and Riley will be at the press conference, well that ain't good. I hope to hear that the Bulls are sending someone as well. I guess the Knicks wont' have any of there key people there.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
So evidently the Knicks are now out? Some are saying the Miami talk is just that, talk. I still believe in Chicago!!!
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:44 AM) Boozer apparently told people Lebron is 50/50 right now between NY and MIA. Where is that from?
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:40 AM) He'd be starting for defense and athleticism and size. Bulls need an offensive guy that can be there. If we want a bigger more versatile guard, we'd be better off with Childress, imo.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
Apparently Haywood is going to get a 55M contract. Wowza.