Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 09:03 AM) Well, Slovenia won 1-0 against Algeria. A win by England against Algeria and a Slovenia - England push would give those 3 teams 5 points. If we win 1-0 against Algeria, we would be tied in goal differential with Slovenia and possibly England, depending on what score they potentially beat Algeria by. What is the next tiebreaker after goal differential? I have absolutely no idea. Basically put, England ties would tend to be bad for us. Anything else and we would control our own destiny with just a win. I honestly have zero idea what the next tiebreaker is. Shots on goal ?
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 09:00 AM) They did not call offside. The post-game stats showed us as having 0 offsides called against us. Had to be a foul given. Well the TV called offside. If they called a foul, I dont' know how the f*** it was on because the only contact I saw was the guy bear hugging Bradley.
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 08:58 AM) haha Nigeria was in my mind because I saw them play yesterday. The point remains! As long as the US wins by 2 against Algeria, they are in. No set of circumstances could keep them out. Why do they have to win by 2 for sure? If England wins, all we need is a win, right? If England loses, than all we need is a win, right? So ties are the only thing that could potentially push the cards and at that point it comes down to pure goal differential so we don't necessarily know that 2 goals would be enough, right?
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 08:51 AM) To be fair, you could argue that the ref was worse in the earlier game today. But it hasn't been a good day for the referees so far. No way. This was completely lopside and cost us 1 for sure goal, 1 player, and one possible goal. He was f***ing awful. And there were more than just those calls.
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 08:51 AM) To be fair, you could argue that the ref was worse in the earlier game today. But it hasn't been a good day for the referees so far. His calls cost us a player and potentially a goal in one play. Than another play cost us a goal in what was a freaking awful awful decision. No one was offside on that call. I've played soccer my whole life and still do and unless there was some invisible player, no one was offside on that call.
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
One of the worse calls. Pathetic.
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
Come on US, stop the corner, than counter and put in a USA GOAL!!!
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 08:44 AM) Consistently biased against the US. He should be reprimanded. What a f***ing joke. Just socre another
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
Overcome this US and put in another goal.
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
Such BULLs***
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
f***ing awful...awful. Should be 3-2.
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
f*** so close
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
I came flying out of my chair at work on that goal. Insane. Todl my boss I'm here but I'm not here during the game, lol.
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
f***ing amazing. Now lets at least hold tie, but f*** it, lets win this thing!!!! USA USA USA
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 08:04 AM) Yes it did, it came off his head and grazed off the top of his left hand. Regardless, it was certainly not intentional, and as the announcer said, "one of the worst decisions I have ever seen." It certainly didn't appear to hit his hand from the replays I saw.
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 07:44 AM) It is unbelievable how much that bulls*** yellow card changed the game. The US almost certainly scores there and it is a 1-1 game, and instead minutes later it is 2-0. Ya, it was pure horses***. Such a f***ing horrific call.
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
This is really f***ing dissapointing. Come on USA. Regroup and put em in. We should be able to score against these guys. Now we need an epic choke job by England or a great comeback. I'm hoping for both, but I think they'll pull this s*** off somehow.
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
s*** we've had like 6 great opportunities in the last 5 minutes. I thought Donovan was gonna hammer that home. Now we are f***ed.
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
s***, another near goal. Come on USA...hammer one home here!!!!
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
What a bulls*** yellowcard.
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
Damn, another golden opportunity. Alright, good corner right here!!!
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
Come one USA. Those were some of our best couple chances of the Cup so far.
-
¡Viva la Revolución!
He's got tremendous bat speed and ability. Certainly he's producing and making strides down in the minors and I'm excited to see what he can do. Hopefully we communicated our expectations to him well and will give him at bats. They better not have called him up here to sit. He needs at least 5 starts per 7 games.
-
Official 2010 World Cup Thread
QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 01:15 PM) How could Ireland not advance past this French team? It's going to be funny to see the meltdown by France over the next few days. Because of Henry. And I told you guys France stunk.
-
Hudson On his way up?
I wonder why Peavy is on medication.