Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+
Pierre comes through. I Like Juan. He isn't great, but he isn't Dwayne Wise.
-
GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+
QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 08:15 PM) PH Nix, and if they bring in Perez, then you bring in Kotsay. Serioulsy, bring in a guy like Nix who is terrible.
-
GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+
QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 08:14 PM) Perre is the DH hit for him...Nix or Vizquel Seriously. Why would the Sox put in two guys far worse than Pierre? Pierre is leading off and Ozzie likes him. He ain't pulling him out and I wouldn't either.
-
GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+
PIerre's going to score the winning run!!
-
GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 07:54 PM) FWIW, I have no problem with Teahen bunting here. I would. We have Omar on the bench and could bring him in to bunt and stay in the game defensively. I'd rather do that if that was our plan.
-
GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+
And I'd consider pinch-hitting Vizquel here.
-
GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+
Rios should be running.
-
GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+
Bulls are now tied with Toronto. They will need to win Sunday at the very least, but hopefully they can do it tomorrow and Sunday. IF they do that, it might just be enough!!! Hopefully they will win more on top of those 2 games to finish the regular season.
-
GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+
YES, YES, YES!!!! BULLS BULLS BULLS
-
GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+
Ugghg....Deng misses 2 free throws that could have at least made it a 3 point lead. Deng might have cost the Bulls the playoffs with those misses. Hopefully not.
-
GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+
Varajao is such a flopper. Hinrich's D HUGE. Wow, Kirk is coming up big time. Damn it Deng...make the free throws.
-
GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+
QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 07:46 PM) Range is a very overrated defensive ability 1st basemen need So you are saying 1st baseman don't really need range, right? In which case, Paulie is pretty good than? I'd say he's better than most but his lack of range keeps him out of the well above average to elite category.
-
GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+
Wow...f***ing HUUUGE block by Taj Gibson with 26.6 seconds left. Might have been the play of the season given the magnitude of that.
-
GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+
Wow, that should have been a goldtend on Noah. Williams is on fire.
-
GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+
Hinrich is so much better than Ben Gordon. Boy has he been huge. Defensively he's been strong too, albeit Mo Williams just hit a tough 3. Glad Del Negro finally switched Kirk onto Mo. NOAAAH!
-
GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+
Put away Peralta, than maybe get an insurance run, and than have Jenks finish this s*** off.
-
GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 07:36 PM) By the way...if anyone wonders why I keep harping on having 4-5 righties in a row in our lineup and all of our key hitters consecutively and from 1 side of the plate...you're seeing what it does to a team right here, except from the opposite side of the plate. I think Ozzie has a very good reason to break up the order with a lefty and you won't here me say otherwise. You need that in the order. Otherwise, late in the game against a nasty reliever, you will be in trouble.
-
GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+
QUOTE (bobryansson @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 07:34 PM) On a useless note, I'm staying with the Cleveland announcers. They're good. They are some of the best out there. They aren't exciting to listen to, but they know the game well and call it like they see it. Early in the game they were talking about how the ump was ripping Floyd. Hawk can be entertaining, but in certain situations he can be more annoying than all of the people that will bring up the exact same negative point on Soxtalk all season long, hahaaa.
-
GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 07:31 PM) I'm still calling 50/50 for him this year. Although, his swing has looked a bit off these first few games. I can see it. He was locked and loaded all spring so it shouldn't come as a shock that he got a little bit off. He's so fun to watch though. Great eye, massive power, good guy. Freaking fun Bulls game on too. I hope the Bulls and Sox pull it out!!
-
GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+
By the way, there is no reason to go to anyone but Thornton here. I think the Sox could really be aided by having 2 legit lefties in the pen. The Tribes best hitters are all lefties as are the Twins.
-
GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+
As I mentioned earlier, I talked to a scout this spring. The earlier story I told had to do with Teahen, but the scout said Quentin was looking excellent and that he's got the tool s to be an MVP. Clearly none of that is a shocker to us and I'm telling you guys, he's going to have a huge year.
-
GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+
Carlos shuts some people up!!! And makes me look smart!!!
-
GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+
QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 07:25 PM) I sort of agree. Smith doesn't have a very slow delivery though. Pick your spots, I guess. The whole point of having speed is to try to push the envelope to create scoring situations when your offense isn't cutting it. I'd also be ok with a straight hit and run. Gordon, much like AJ, has great bat control and putting Pierre in motion will open up a hole that Gordon can take advantage of. I think the hit-and-run is the most under-utilized play in the majors. If a guy has good bat control, putting him in motion creates a massive hole for a decent hitter to put the ball through.
-
GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+
I don't care if Pierre gets gunned down. He should be running.
-
GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+
Santos is one of those guys where I wish we could lend him to another team to develop a bit outside of a playoff race and than we could get him back. It will be tough to get him to develop at the major league level while we are in the thick of a playoff race. But he certainly has the stuff to excel. He will have some bad games though.