Everything posted by SoxAce
-
sports records
QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Aug 23, 2009 -> 07:13 PM) What was McLouth's record? I believe he stole 180 straight bases without being caught once or something like that.
-
Road trip prediction poll.
QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 23, 2009 -> 05:30 PM) You absolutely shut down Peavy if we're more than 6 or 7 games out after the road trip. All reports indicate he's very uncomfortable on the mound, so why even risk him overcompensating for any soreness and messing up his mechanics? Same goes for Danks, as you can put some unusual torque on your shoulder when you can't guide the ball with your finger. I think you quoted the wrong person.
-
8/23 Games
Some bright spots so far.. Tyler Flowers 2-4, 2 R, RBI Gartrell 1-4, 3B, 3 RBI. Hitting .324 his last 10 games. Jo. Danks 2-3, 2 R, RBI, 2 BB. Hopefully he can get back on track. Jim Gallagher 1-2 R, 2B, 3 BB now has a .333/.460/.608/1.068 line in AA in limited at bats. Seems as if he gets better when he jumps a level. (A-/A+/AA) Torres was decent. Brooks was awesome in relief. Brent Morel and Loman are having good days once again. Mitchell and Phegley... so far combined are 6-6, 2 R, HR, 4 RBIs.. :o Gilmore and Escobar each have a hit. Nick Ciolli went deep. Upchurch looking "ok" early on.
-
Road trip prediction poll.
5-5 probably.. but I'm leaning towards 6-4. We usually play well versus the good teams so I'm optimistic on that but I can't see us beating the Twins in the series though I think we can take 1 game.
- Happy Birthday Rowand44!
-
How Good Has Hudson Been This Season?
Nicely written article though Dan.
-
John Danks Blister
Here's another short summary And video of him saying it.
-
sports records
Nice thread. I was the first to steal 60+ straight bases without being caught once. (30 junior, 34 senior to be exact) Then of course, I hear about McLouth's record and wanted to punch him in the face. It's a lame stat, but dammit I'm proud of it.
-
White Sox Winner !!
Beckham was bringing it with the D. Danks has some man stones.
-
8/22 Games, Charlotte on TV...
QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 22, 2009 -> 08:30 PM) Someone should tell me what has gotten into Escobar. He is killing the ball this month after showing no signs of life all season. He's your boy isn't he? Maybe he doesn't want you giving up on him quite yet.. He's struggled this year, but his August numbers are unreal. Johnnie Lowe gets destroyed again.. Rasner was awesome though.
-
Are the Sox done?
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 22, 2009 -> 05:59 PM) THIS.TEAM.IS.DEAD WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR?!
-
September Call-ups Predictions
Fields definitely. I would think Flowers, Nunez and maybe Link too. We'll see you next year Dan Hudson.
-
O's @ Sox 8-22 6:05 WGN
QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 22, 2009 -> 02:14 PM) Dont stop get it get it :headbang
-
Weirdest Baseball Moments
George Brett and the pine tar incident.
-
8/21 games
QUOTE (CSF @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 09:52 PM) Winston-Salem game was ppd. http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...wswafa_lynafa_1 ..... Your fired. Game 2 was PPD. They finished Game 1.
-
White Sox Should Make a Run at Billy Wagner
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 04:53 PM) supposedly its the Red Sox. Didn't we hear that initially about Rios too? OOooo snap!... crackle.. and pop.
-
What is your job?
QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 04:02 PM) I go to school and I'm an IT Consultant. I hate school though so I can't wait to finish. A lot of people tell me I'll miss it... I don't see how though. By the way MHizzle, you have an awesome avi. Same here brotha. But I commend you for at least finishing. I dropped out very early. Maybe someday I'll go back. Umemployed as well, but hopefully soon to be security officer and perhaps an officer of the law (Cop/5-0/pig/etc..) in the near future. Though I'll have to go back to school for that..
-
Weirdest Baseball Moments
Two managers fighting.. God I love minor league baseball. A manager can coach 3B and still manage his way.
-
Why Chris Getz Injury Is Good for the Sox
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 12:26 AM) Why do we need a grinder on this team? I'd prefer someone who plays plus-plus defense and can hit for power. We have enough power guys already, and in fact enough 200+ homer years, so it's always nice to have alittle speed threat which KW is changing the course of. I agree with you on Nix though. But I'm saying every team has a Chris Getz type player on it, and Getz can definitely get better being also a year younger. We don't have to have every player at every position hitting 20+ homers.
-
Who here is happy Uribe's not on the team anymore?
QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 11:39 PM) I miss yelling at him strikeout or basically have a bad at bat. That's about it. His defense was solid though. ^^^^^^^^^^ This.
-
Why Chris Getz Injury Is Good for the Sox
I don't know why the argument is so serious. If Nix figured out his true potential, the former 1st round pick blows Getz out of the water as far as upside. But "potential" doesn't mean results all the time. I love Getz and he's the grinder you need on the team. Getz is more of the disipline, base stealer, average, OBP guy and Nix is the power, defense, XBH, OPS guy. IF Nix put it all together you can basically put him in the bank as a right handed Chase Utley (with probably lesser speed though a good % and a bit lesser disipline). But that doesn't mean he'll figure it out. If Getz puts it all together well, he could be a Mickey Morandini (not as much on the average or power) type player. Same ordeal.
-
8/20 Games
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 10:48 PM) Winston-Salem is probably our least interesting minor league team. I mean i enjoy following Morel and Loman, but they don't really offer any other forms of excitement. I'd say Birmingham is my favorite to follow with Briso,l being something of a dark horse, bringing up the rear. I pay attention more to Kanny than Britsol personally. B-Ham and Kanny are 1-2 on what I look at first. But speaking of Bristol.. Jeffer Patino with a 5-5 night. I don't care how old/young or what level your at, that's always impressive. Kid looks like he has good disipline too.
-
Aardsma blows it in the 9th!
QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 04:32 PM) ya know, taking 2 of 3 per series still equates to a .667 winning percentage... Well we should tip our cap to Detroit then and the division. I have no problem though winning 2/3 all the time, but the many times we got swept this season isn't good.
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 04:25 PM) Grammar not your strong point, eh Ace? http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/for_all_intents_and_purposes Hanging around with Jason and reading his replies shaves the I.Q. a touch.
-
Aardsma blows it in the 9th!
If we can actually sweep a god damn team for once, we'd be in good shape.