Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE(StatManDu @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 07:23 AM) AT U.S. CELLULAR FIELD (AND BEYOND), IT WILL COUNT 2003: Major League Baseball announced that the winning league in the annual All-Star Game will receive homefield advantage in that season’s World Series. Owners unanimously approved the proposalafter the 2002 All-Star Game ended in an embarrassing tie in Commissioner Bud Selig’s hometown of Milwaukee. The 2003 All-Star Game at U.S. Cellular Field -- the first hosted by the Sox since 1983 – would be the first game played under these rules. The American League won the game at “the Cell” the following July. Very good stuff right here. Completely forgot we were the first.
  2. QUOTE(knightni @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 01:24 PM) Skiles was fired on Dec 24. Your comment was on Dec 31. PWN3D
  3. QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 01:17 AM) Sounds like Wallace needs to go. Now. Let him go elsewhere and play half-ass. I agree, even though alot of people/the average fan will blame Noah cuz the kid can't keep his name out of the paper even if he's right in this situation. (Wallace & Joe Smith laughing/joking around during a blowout) Ben Gordon's quote isn't exactly trilling either. Hopefully Pax is taking notice. Oh, and dammit Boylan play the kids more.
  4. Hawk was on ESPN radio bout a week ago and even HE said Detroit is better. Pretty decent interview. Hopefully Contreras has the whole divorce situation resolved and pitch well for us this season.
  5. QUOTE(BaseballNick @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 09:45 PM) I'd love to believe you, but if what you say is true, then how do you explain Rick Porcello slipping past us last year? I really hope that a change of personel (who even knows if Porcello was ranked higher than Poreda on their board due to our s***ty/questionable picks over the years excluding Fields) from us can maybe make us do things differently or if Jerry/KW can put up with Bora$ (both unlikely) but we will see. I doubt a talent like Pedro will even be available to us even with Bora$ as his agent, but if he is, we better take him even if he doesn't sign. (get the same draft slot next year) I'm kinda excited to see how the changes we made in the farm system pan out and see if can rebuild the farm and have a future.
  6. Swisher was the main example of the book. Hopefully he didn't "get an edge" in the minors/majors. I'm still surprised Beane traded one of his last/main Moneyball player(s). Supposedly, Street and Chavez will be next.
  7. QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 05:09 PM) Nah. New England and its fans are already charging tickets to Arizona, as they should. Your right. IMO, the Colts were the only team that could've gave them a run for their money. One of the rare teams that played them very well in the season despite losing. (Pats beat SD by 4 TDs) But like they say, the playoffs is a different situation so we'll see. We'll see if Steve's prediction is correct.
  8. QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 01:47 PM) Except, you know, I'll be correct. We'll see. Your prediction is no better than mine was. I've learned my lesson on trying to play with fire even though historically on this board, I've been damn good in predictions. In a way I was right though. The Colts shocked the world by getting a SD upset (w/o LT and Rivers esp. late) Now I'm just trying to find excuses.
  9. So.. for the good/smart hockey fans in here, whose the better (or would you rather have) d-man Beauchemin or Campbell? Or is it a "doesn't matter they're both good" at this point.
  10. It's finally nice to see others instead of myself and a few posters who actually like Danks. I'm expecting a pretty decent/solid season from the soon to be 23 year old.
  11. QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 12:00 AM) You gonna go? We talked about this -- didya apply? Don't know/No
  12. QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 10:36 PM) Wait until right after your graduation ceremony. I had this "Now what?" moment. I got that now, and didn't even go to college.
  13. Jebus, I just saw Kendrick's stats (I saw them before, but this time I really glanced at them) and I compared to Richars' numbers and I must say it's a must we somehow get this kid. Just ridiculous.
  14. QUOTE(JFields27 @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 10:02 PM) and then wow at Owens crying, wow I saw him when he cried in SF after his GW TD catch in the playoffs from Young, but that was when he was less selfish... and basically a rookie.
  15. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 09:35 PM) That was one of the best plays that will never hit a stat sheet (the poke check on the breakaway by Leggie for Nashville). What a pretty play by Duncan Keith. Thats why he's an all-star.
  16. QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 09:02 PM) I just like skinny, small breasted brunette look. We can go get some drinks and I will go into more detail...haha Gotcha.
  17. QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 08:54 PM) yuck, id take her sister in a heartbeat. Your one of the rare ones I know who would. Well... you and alex. (aboz)
  18. I don't watch hockey much, but that Skille kid is fun to watch. SPEED baby!!
  19. QUOTE(knightni @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 06:58 PM) So, the Pats get a beat-up San Diego team next week, then play either Favre or Eli Manning in the SB two weeks later. Farve is the only QB left that could "shoot it out" sort of speak with Brady whereas E. Manning is more of a "manage the game" type. Farve simply doesn't have enough weapons and is carring a young team (Grant could run well though) Either way I just don't see any team's defense matching well with NE's ridiculous offense.
  20. Looks like I was wrong about the Colts (who played NE very well early in the season despite losing by like 2 or 3 whereas SD was beaten by 4 freaking TDs) Two upsets today. NE is now a sure 19-0. The wrong Manning is going to the championship game.
  21. The more I read about Meyer (RHP, great stuff) Hicks, (CF, 5 tool talent) and Martinez (SS/3B great potential) the more I like.
  22. So Hendry still likes his spects eh. Even with limited ceiling.. Laughable. Seriously Hendry, Tyler Colvin? The draft pick you actually reached on? Dear lord.
  23. QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 02:46 AM) Id vote for Ron Paul if for no other reason he is against the Patriot Act. But the problem with me is Im a stupid American that wastes my right to vote by not voting. Ditto, but this year I'll actually consider it with of course looking at views, asking family members about certain subjects, etc..
  24. QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jan 12, 2008 -> 10:50 PM) I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. Ha ha ha. Shall I show you a PM to refresh your memory or stand pat Mr. Brokeback?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.