Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 12:20 PM) GOALIE FIGHT!!!!!! And broke his face. Dude is gonna miss 4-6 weeks with facial fractures from that one punch.
  2. Good lord Kevin Durant.. I also have to wonder who will end their losing streak first. Cleveland's consecutive streak or Washington's road streak.. Or do we have to wait till both play.. in Cleveland.
  3. QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 2, 2011 -> 07:17 PM) That Escobar report doesn't make it sound like he can hit. His perfect world projection is the absolute best he will be. And this is funny comming from you Dan, who btw, is the biggest Escobar fan on this site as a prospect. (though you wouldn't know that with him lately)
  4. QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jan 30, 2011 -> 07:19 PM) If you look at Escobar's numbers through his career he is giving us some reason be believe that his hit tool is coming around. Early on a good fastball would knock the bat out of his hands, as he's gotten older his numbers have gotten better and better, and he has started to hit the ball with some authority hitting 6HR last season after having just one his first 3 pro seasons combined. He also just turned 22 so he played half a season at AA at age 21. His bat isn't as bad as some people make it sound. He is taken the Brandon Allen route of developing. (which is very common with some prospects as well) Getting better every year and maturing overall in his game.
  5. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 30, 2011 -> 01:00 PM) Pacers have fired head coach Jim O'Brien Excellent decision for that franchise. He's terrible. QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 30, 2011 -> 05:16 PM) Ray Allen says hi Funny thing is just 3-4 years ago, he was known as a choker (well.. in the playoffs).
  6. SoxAce replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jan 29, 2011 -> 04:07 AM) So.....you are saying these awards are like Gold Glove awards? Exactly. It's as much of a joke as the GG. (though like the GG, you are bound to get 1 or 2 winners correct)
  7. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 29, 2011 -> 05:21 PM) I think Richardson is an upgrade over Carter, at least on the break he is, albeit his numbers since the trade haven't been fantastic. He is definitely faster than Carter though, and doesn't need the ball in hands consistently like Carter did. I agree about Lewis though, right now the Arenas for Lewis trade hasn't been a big win for either team. Arenas is dealing with arthritis in his knee, and hasn't been anything more than a league average backup PG at this point. Hedo's the wildcard though, his play off the pick and roll causes fits defensively for teams like Boston, and last night was probably his worst game in a Magic uniform since the trade (2 for 12). The main thing about Lewis though was that he would force Boozer to play on the perimeter defensively if he played at the 4. Maybe Anderson needs to get into the starting lineup for Bass. Right now Orlando are only going to win if they improve a bit more defensively (which is a work in progress, but with Howard clogging and the middle and SVG coaching this I am confident in), and the perimeter guys hitting their shots. Last night we definitely didn't do the latter. Howard's no longer a concern because he's raised his game offensively this season. J-Rich is a better player at this point yes, but Carter was more of a match-up problem for the Bulls (J-Rich is much more athletic and quicker in transition in the open court without the ball, Carter has a much better first step and ball handling with the ball). Not saying it's like this for other teams, since this new version Magic has beaten very good teams already, but the Bulls had a tougher match-up against the old Magic team because of Lewis/Carter spacing the perimeter and like you said, had guys like Boozer/Gibson guarding the outside with a guy like Lewis as a threat from the outside, which in turn, made Howard that much more beastly in the paint.
  8. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 29, 2011 -> 10:04 AM) I really have nothing against the Magic, it just really confuses me why this version of Orlando is considered so much better than this version of the Bulls by nearly every analyst around. Obviously it's not a big deal but it makes me that much happier when we defeat them. I was interested to see if this version as better than the one who beat the Bulls by 30 earlier, and I was correct it wasn't. The other team with Lewis and Carter simply gave the Bulls fits with their perimiter shooting, tough match-up in length, and overall quickness than guys like J-Rich and Arenas.. Doesn't mean they are better players, it was simply just the match-up. I never wanted to play the Magic before just because of those those two and what a nightmare they are playing against us and of course you got that Howard guy thrown in.
  9. QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 10:14 PM) He was not limping in his final series. Yes, he may have been hurt. Was he incapable of playing? I gotta question it. I know Jay is tough, and so I really don't like questioning him, but at the same time, he has been known to mope quite a bit. I just wonder if the injury would have been treated differently had we been tied or winning the game, or had the score been closer. Exactly. Though Cutler is one of the toughest s.o.b's I've seen out there, him with one leg (or a torn MCL) would of been much better than freaking Todd Collins. (and I was screaming for them to put in Hanie before Todd) I guess there is just different types of toughness. Phillip Rivers played with a freaking torn ACL in the playoffs. Didn't even say s*** about it till reports said he needed surgery on it. I personally think Cutler hinted it was the training staff's call though. What I don't understand is why they didn't try and put a brace or something on his leg at the half.
  10. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 22, 2011 -> 03:38 PM) Big time 4-1 win vs the Red Wings. Corey Crawford has been phenomenal. God dammit, I forgot they played early.
  11. SoxAce replied to BigSqwert's topic in SLaM
    Happy B-Day Balto Balta.
  12. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 10:53 PM) BEARS 48 packers 2 Seriously, though, I think Bears win 17-14. I think the Bears defense can handle Rodgers, and I think Cutler plays really well. Like most games, this game will be all about ball control, and when we were talking about the necessity of a running game, this is the game people were talking about. If Jesus... you are the definition of a jinx.
  13. Should have done this when he was with the Barons. In fact, I was pimpin that thought back then when I read Cubano's report about him playing there in Cuba (though sparingly) cause I loved what I read (and now seen) about his arm with average range.
  14. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 05:06 PM) They're no doubt the front runners imo to win it all but there's no chance they'd win it with out Bosh. I personally still don't see them beating the Celtics in a seven game series.
  15. Since the Jeremy Reed era (well as far as in the sox org) is again over, J.Reedfan8 will once again be a memory on Soxtalk. I would like my name changed back to SoxAce (and I'm sure many posters here are estatic about that) and the words under my avatar changed to "Beat Junkie." Thanks.
  16. QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 05:13 PM) Jeremy Reed signed on with Milwaukee. Sorry, Gerry. And with that, I will officially change my name back to SoxAce.
  17. I didn't think anyone would take Wells' awful contract. Toronto has done well moving both Rios (though they got nothing back) and Wells contracts the last couple of years to help them financially.
  18. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 14, 2011 -> 07:00 PM) Griffin is also basically a rookie (since he technically missed all of his 1st season), and Love's in his 3rd season in the league. Griffin also has a higher FG%, and i only expect this to get better going forward as he becomes a better shooter. Not to mention Griffin is a superior passer. (one of the best for a big man already as a rookie) Love is better now, Griffin will probably be in the future, hell probably next season. Just a freak talent. Don't know about him being an all-star this season though, even if he is playing like one. Hell LeBron James didn't get in his rookie year.
  19. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 09:15 AM) Look, I been posting here since July of '03. I know my join date says February '04 but that's only because I forgot the password to my original name and had to create another one. I was just like Rowand44, Soxace and jphat before he went crazy. Just optimistic about EVERYTHING. I think you have me confused with WHarris1. I'm just optimistic about sox prospects who I like or have seen personally.
  20. QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 07:41 PM) The system definitely needs a player or five to breakout next season. I'm on the Blanke and Petricka train currently. I love me some Michael Blanke. Also a big fan of Ryan Buch's arm. Saladino is my boy too.
  21. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 7, 2011 -> 08:24 AM) I'd put Bogut up as a tier 2 center, defensively one on one he was the best center in the league last season. And he's playing with that wrist injury which he's still recuperating from. Think he'll only get better as the season goes on. It just goes to show how underrated (STILL) he is with casual fans.
  22. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 9, 2011 -> 02:40 AM) Lee is one of the guys they traded. Archer is viewed highly by all the minor league-centric sites. Vitters stock has fallen considerably ala Tyler Flowers. Ya I just saw Lee was in the deal, though Castro has that SS spot locked up for the future, so the Cubs can part with him. Archer kind of came out of nowhere last season for them, so he was a classic sell high. (I didn't even follow him in their system which I sometimes do with other teams prospects from, whom I read about from high school or drafted or personally seen in college) I see him more as a reliever down the road anyways with the good offspeed pitches. It was a very good trade for Hendry and I do not say that often with him. Now with that said, I have no idea what his plan is. He's trying to compete again this year, but if he thinks his team can knock off the Cards or even the Brewers, well.. good luck. But it is baseball, so anything can happen. (injuries, poor performances, etc.. from any team)
  23. Well I'll say this about Ohman. That guy is very animated. The reliever version of Peavy. He'll be as pissed off as you when he's giving up homers.
  24. Good trade for the Cubs. Garza still has 3 years left on his deal before he's a FA, and is only 27. Cub fans tend to forget their prospects are what they are... prospects. Lee is probably one of (also Vitters) the only guys worth while in their system.
  25. Rose with 19 FTA. That'll do refs, that'll do.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.