Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Blue Jays @ White Sox - 6:05 WGN
QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 8, 2010 -> 03:44 PM) Becks back in, batting second. I bet that one night off did him a world of good. Ozzie is all talk. Reminds me of the "Pierre will be benched a few games, and will hit 9th when he's in" only to have Pierre still in the line-up the next day. (though to give him credit, Pierre batted 9th for 2 games)
-
PTC Saturday May 8th, 2010
Jones.
-
5/7 Games
Nice night for Brent Morel. 3-4, 2B, 2 RBI, R, SB. Average up to .310 now. Rafael Vera (one of the guys the sox acquired a few days ago) is an interesting "follow" cat from the org. Dude was drafted twice by us but did not sign. Signed as a undrafted FA with the Indians in 08 and played 1B (also 2B, SS, 3B and all OF spots) for them as a utility player. Now he's acquired by us (I guess finally from our org's perspective) and has shifted over to SS playing everyday.
-
2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 8, 2010 -> 12:46 AM) I have no idea where you get the 34 inning scoreless streak from. He allowed 2 unearned runs in his last start against Atlanta, and in his last appearance against Atlanta last year, he gave up an ER in 4.1 IP. Well that certainly isn't an official earned run in scoring, though I have to confess this is what I get looking at ESPN highlights and what they put up on the screen. Perhaps I worded it wrong or something.
-
2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
Jaime Moyer is insane. Oldest pitcher to throw a complete game shutout. (47 years old!) He also currently has like a 34 inning scoreless streak going. (dunno if that is against the Braves or in general, but still impressive) In this era for a STARTING pitcher, that really is amazing.
-
Draft Preview: High School Hitters, Part 2
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 7, 2010 -> 11:33 PM) The dreaded "signability" concerns. Not good. If he is a top 15 pick, he (or his agent) would be crazy to turn down top tier money.
-
GT: Blue Jays @ White Sox, Fri 5/7, 7:10pm CT
I think Ozzie worries about pitch count way too much this year (trying to get guys 100+ then take them out) instead of using his head when he sees the guy gave up a hit or two and was battling the whole game instead of looking dominant. KW said he'll know his evaluation of the team at the end of the month, Steve Stone said give it 50 games to see.... well... we'll see.
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2010 -> 11:18 PM) You think the Sedin's are regretting those 5 year deals yet? I would say Kesler might be who just signed an extension. It's a shame cause he is a good player when he is not opening his mouth. Really cool to watch Kane and Toews grow in front of our eyes. It seems Toews always elevates his game in playoff situations (NHL playoffs twice, Olympics) more-so than the regular season. QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ May 7, 2010 -> 11:18 PM) Add Burrows to the POS list. There is no Canuck I hate more than that guy. He really is a dirty, diving, hair-pulling POS of a player.
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
Lets close this thing out at the United Center (without any injuries) and face San Jose more than likely.
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
BOLLAND! 7-4. Game. Set. Match. 3-1 Hawks lead.
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
f*** they scored twice now by throwing the puck to Niemi.
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
I'm sure we will be hearing the usual whining from the Canucks fans. The "refs suck" "bulls*** penalties" "NHL is rigged conspiracy" etc..
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 7, 2010 -> 09:49 PM) Kopecky is having a great year. 3 career playoff goals all this year Fixed. Since he was an Olympian, he's been going nuts.
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
KOPECKY! 6-3 Hawks!
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
Great game to watch. Boy Vancouver can't keep their composure for s***. Wish we got that other PP before the Hossa penalty, but I'll take a 5-3 score. Toews is going NUTS! OT: That kid Mason Raymond (their LW) has amazing speed and is a RFA. Would love to see the Hawks pick him up in any way next season.
-
GT: Blue Jays @ White Sox, Fri 5/7, 7:10pm CT
Is this game even going to get in? Dunno how it looks at the Cell, but where I'm at, it is raining hard.
-
GT: Blue Jays @ White Sox, Fri 5/7, 7:10pm CT
Konerko's neck must be hurting more than expected.
-
Fans Entering Field During Game
One of the students in my old high school died when he was tazered (was on the news actually). If that isn't extreme, then I don't know what is.
-
GT: Blue Jays @ White Sox, Fri 5/7, 7:10pm CT
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2010 -> 02:07 PM) Nix might be better...if he was actually hitting. Hard to get into a groove to hit when you only have 19 PA on the year. Nix should be traded though. He will not get any kind of shot here.
-
PTC Friday May 7th, 2010
Pierre.
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
Should be a disgustingly great game tonight! Might see more fights tonight than before though IMO.
-
What was KW's best post 2007 season move?
I don't think I would call Beckham "a move." Dude just happened to fall in their lap at the draft (though you can say they made the right pick at the time, but it wasn't a KW trade/FA signing etc..) so I won't count him. I'll say Peavy for CR/AP. I think him struggling early on has affected some judgment here and Rios raking as well as I remember last year it was the other way around. Unless Richard really becomes good, I think we just took Peavy and ran. Rios was more or less a gift from the Jays cause of the contract. Not sold on Santos yet, though he's a beast (wanna see him respond after he gives up his first ER and he might change my vote) Quentin has to hit after 08, Jones was pure LUCK (I mean c'mon), O-Cab? And Viciedo is a wait and see, though I loved Swisher and thought he got a bad rap here. Alexei and Putz deals are a close 2nd and 3rd in my eyes.
-
Insanity
Only thing I love doing and like to see on that calender... the cardio/max recovery workout. By far the easiest though you are still stretching your ass off and STILL sweating. Day 11 completed. On to cardio and resistance tomorrow... ugh... (though I'm in better shape already... so... )
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 6, 2010 -> 10:22 PM) Like I said, you have to make their stars uncomfortable. Luongo is not that mentally strong. If you make him think about contact, he melts. Their skill players are all the same way. I still wish Crosby didn't score that goal for Canada to win. IMO, it was only a matter of time before Luongo would have chocked again. Seems ever since then, he's been getting a pass from the Canadian media cause he won gold (not from the times he chocked in the playoffs), when it was Ryan Miller who was standing on his head that whole series. Easy to make average stops (though a couple were hard I'll give him credit) when you have Keith/Doughty etc.. on your side, not to mention the monster over-talent that Canada had over pretty much everyone in the tournament.
-
Former NFL Star Lawrence Taylor Arrested
Not that it matters in the least, but the girl is 16 not 15.