Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Halladay to Phillies in 4 team trade
Phillippe Aumont.. a Canadian... hometown guy.. Toronto loves him.. makes sense. I can't believe the Phils got to hold onto Drebak (their top pitching prospect) in all of this. Man Seattle got way more dangerous and it makes sense for the Phillies as Lee was going to test the market and already rejected an extension from them.
-
How much do you care about Ks?
QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 01:27 AM) It depends. I'm okay with a swinging K. A "standing there like a moron and looking at" strike three, I'm not okay with. So you weren't a big Scotty Pods fan huh?
-
Free Agent Tracker
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 01:08 AM) There seems to have been a falling out between Arredondo and the Angels. He's an interesting candidate, but he's going to miss all of next year due to the Tommy John surgery he had just 4 days ago. Ouch.. well that answers alot of stuff. TJ is interesting for pitchers good or bad. I'm sure there will be some team(s) that will be of interest to sign him to see if he can come back strong (or stronger) from it ala Jon Lieber.
-
Jeremy Reed, Lance Broadway and Brian Anderson Non-Tendered
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 12:57 AM) It will be interesting to see if anything ever comes of the T. Thompson pick...we've gone through so many athletes trying to play baseball (Borchard, Josh Fields, Brian West, Brian Anderson, Chris Young) that Beckham stood out as a "pure" baseball player, so different from the typical White Sox draft pick. In some ways, Chris Getz also seemed to fit this mold as well, not the kind of player off the charts in the scouts' ratings but something akin to Bobby Hurley or Chris Corchiani, a "gym rat" who forced his way onto every team he played for. Jared Mitchell is in the same category if you were talking athletes BTW. Not sure if you meant the theme of 1st round athlete picks either.
-
Happy Birthday MHizzle85!
Happy B-Day to a fellow true hip hop brotha. :cheers
-
Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread
Niemi.. 3 shutouts in 8 games... daymn!
-
Barons YouTube page...
Thanks alot for this JPN. BTW Jordan Danks video... pause it at 1:15. Yea.... that's how athletic he is folks.
-
What is a practical and perfect # of kids to have?
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 13, 2009 -> 09:40 AM) Two. Coming from a parent, all I can say is never get out numbered. That's the number I always wanted when (or if) I have kids. Though I wouldn't mind 3 at all since I got a younger brother and sister though they get on my nerves..
-
How much do you care about Ks?
QUOTE (Sox72 @ Dec 13, 2009 -> 03:35 PM) To me, nothing is more frustrating than a strikeout with runners on (with a failed bunt coming in as a close second). It completely ruins the moment of the inning. It takes away the chance for an error or a runner advancing. A double play is much worse IMO. (Konerko's consistent DP were always rally killers for years)
-
Jeremy Reed, Lance Broadway and Brian Anderson Non-Tendered
QUOTE (DaveBrown85 @ Dec 13, 2009 -> 12:41 AM) he had a wrist injury when he ran into the wall in CF he also broke his thumb Seattle also told him to be more aggressive in the count and pull the ball more (Reed was more disciplined gap to gap hitter back then, not a power hitter) Seems that f***ed up his mechanics as well. I loved Reed... still do. Hell after his brief showing in 04, I thought he was gonna be a really studly player.
-
Free Agent Tracker
QUOTE (sircaffey @ Dec 12, 2009 -> 11:25 PM) Matt Capps is a name I would love to see the Sox go after. I was utterly shocked that he was non tendered. Must of asked for a lot in arb as well, though he had a bad year. He'd make too much sense... if we didn't have Linebrink. I like Capps alot and so does soxbadger.
-
White Sox Non-Tender DJ Carrasco
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 12, 2009 -> 05:39 PM) The interesting speculation I read somewhere (I honestly can't remember who) is that this opens the door for Santos, who is out of options. Ya I'm used to that... It was from the Gonzo article I posted bits and blurbs from. And yes, I expected this move. Santos really needs to harness that control in ST. Hopefully Coop can help him with that. I would say Hudson has to be the favorite, unless the sox will carry 11 pitchers, which is what I'm hearing they will probably do. Good to see we will get younger however.
-
Jeremy Reed, Lance Broadway and Brian Anderson Non-Tendered
For the love of god please get Jeremy Reed.. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
-
Sox interested in Yanks' Brett Gardner
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 12, 2009 -> 01:55 PM) Yeah, you can't do that. You gotta admire his persistence.
-
Reverse Alphabetical Conversation Thread
"It's beginning to look alot like Christmas." yada yada yada yada....
-
You need a Handjob
2 handjobs under 5 dollars?! Can't beat that.
-
Sox Could Non-Tender Carrasco
From Gonzo's article about Putz. Little blurb about our 2nd lefty situation and Gonzo's idea.
-
Computer Help
QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 11, 2009 -> 08:11 PM) Scanned and had 2 Trojans and got rid of them. Still won't work. Thats what she said.
-
Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread
Sounds like the refs were terrible this whole game.
-
Kelly Johnson a fit?
QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Dec 11, 2009 -> 05:00 PM) no thanks. the sox need power in lf. if we are going to get a guy like that i would rather get the younger gardner with more upside. Johnson is only a year and a half older than Gardner, so it's not like were talking about a massive age gap here. Even the "upside" argument is questionable at best. Hell KJ was a former 1st round pick, so there is talent there.
-
Sox sign Putz
QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 11, 2009 -> 04:40 PM) Merry Christmas and Happy Hannukah (sp) to all! I love the holidays. No love for Kwanzaa?! Go to hell.
-
Sox Could Non-Tender Carrasco
QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 11, 2009 -> 02:21 PM) They could just have Hudson come out of the bullpen and mop up... As great as D.J. is in his role, his role isn't very important considering we have 4 very effective starters. I agree that the loss isn't as big as some are making it out to be, but I don't agree that is isn't as important. Carrasco also pitched some 6th, 7th, 8th innings for us at times as well so he wasn't just strictly a mop up guy. He will be missed if he was non-tendered but this doesn't make our pen all of a sudden horrid. BTW I still do not trust Randy Williams at all.
-
Sox sign Putz
Solid move and only a matter of time. Putz pretty much takes over Dotel's old role in the pen for now (unlesssomething happens with Jenks). Could be a stud set-up man if healthy as he is just filthy.
-
i am drunk in 2009
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 11, 2009 -> 01:34 AM) I'm not drunk, but boy is my roommate. It was his 21st tonight, so naturally, I went all out and spent a ton of money on him buying the worst, nastiest, or strongest drinks I could buy. Let's just say that I've never seen this kind of volume of vomit. The guy was a tank for a while but he didn't pace himself because he was being cocky and now he's paying for it horribly. He's a little guy and had 12 shots/mixed drinks and a pitcher of PBR. It was insane. Hahahahaha de ja vu of my 23rd this year, cept add about 10 shots and the pitcher was I believe a Jager mixture (friends still don't tell me what the hell they put in that thing besides jager) Sad thing was.. we went to another bar, and then I throw up in the bathroom, then on the floor, almost got kicked out, friend put a pitcher in my face and I throw up basically an entire pitcher and a half. Worse part is, they took pictures of it (which I still haven't seen) and on my way out supposedly fall twice on the concrete (explains the cuts/scraps) then fell in my friend's grass. (and guess what... he has a dog so naturally you know what I fell into)
-
Happy Birthday Week southsider2k5!!
QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 11, 2009 -> 12:12 AM) I edited the title and description as to fully acknowledge the religious and cultural significance of this momentous occasion. Yet the creator of the site only gets a modest b-day thread for a day or two. Do I sense conspiracy?