Everything posted by SoxAce
-
World Series of Poker 2009
- 2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
Looks like now the Red Sox need a new SS.. Officially at least.- Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 05:50 PM) Chris Johnson is better than your team's running back. Unless there's some Vikings fans here.. your probably right. Chris Johnson is a freak of a talent.- Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
Hell of a long shot regardless.. but just to have everyone's pants creamed alittle.. From Vercey and the NY Post.- Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
Thank god there's still the Bulls and even the Blackhawks season(s) to maintain my sanity till sox report to camp.- Sox acquire Mark Teahen, $$$ for Getz/Fields
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 11:53 AM) I think he has had very little impact on the talent level improving. Until the Sox start calling up guys with a little consistency that have a clue as to what they are doing, I'm holding out buying something just because Buddy said its so. I (or anyone else) can say the same thing about your boy Greg Walker as in he has had little impact on the sox getting over mediocre numbers offensively since his tenure. That doesn't mean I (or anyone else) is right about it, or is looking into it with the glass half full.- Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
The Refs have been awful today. No doubt that doesn't change anything about this game, but they have been terrible.- Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
I find it utterly hilarious that your covering Fitz one on one. I love Peanut, he's a fine corner, but asking him to cover one of (IMO he is though) the best WR in the game is utterly stupid. He's basically beating us alone. It's like saying let's not pitch to Ludwick or Ankiel and just pitch to Pujols and see if he can still be great and beat us (I excluded Holliday cuz Boldin is injured)- Sox acquire Mark Teahen, $$$ for Getz/Fields
QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 02:14 AM) Why is it the worst thing I've ever said. I said Teahen was average. You are gonna argue he's better than average? He has a lot to prove before you can call Mark above average don't you agree?? I think you read his post wrong.- Sox acquire Mark Teahen, $$$ for Getz/Fields
QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 01:05 AM) My gosh, Bolt. If you lived in Kansas City you'd be mocked for your comments on Mark. He is considered kind of a joke around here. Not a good fielder; strikes out a ton. The excuse you could make (which would be an excuse) is he got moved around too much, no good players around him blah blah blah. We can hope, but this is not like we've acquired anybody good. It was basically us trading average to below average talent to the Royals for average to below average talent. Both sides hoping lightning will strike. To Teahen's credit, he is regarded as a guy who plays hard and when hurt and is good with media and teammates. Wow.. what an outstanding post.- Alphabetical Conversation Thread
You do realize Miller, Jerome James, Salmons, Tim Thomas (thank god) and Tyrus all come off the books right Jeremy? Not even counting Gray, Hunter and Pargo's 3.4 mil combined. The Bulls could actually sign 2 big time FA names (though more than likely only one would get his money) If there's one guy they should move though that will definitely help is Kirk Hinrich though I'm glad Kirk's contract actually decreases 500K next year to 9 mil I believe.- Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Really like to hurt people's dreams huh Mike?- Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Pretty much bought a house and condo out here this summer........ I'm not sayin.. just sayin...- Alphabetical Conversation Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 7, 2009 -> 09:55 PM) Just gotta hope that Bosh winds up being his eventual replacement. No.. give me Wade. LeBron is a dream so I excluded him.- Alphabetical Conversation Thread
QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 7, 2009 -> 09:49 PM) Gonna be real shocked if they win 50. Hell I'm surprised your not shocked they are 4-2. They beat some pretty legit teams already. Noah.. Feel The Funk!!! :headbang- Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
My god, I love Joakim Noah.- 2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
Cliff Lee's option also picked up. Probably the biggest no brainer of all no brainers.- Right Field
I might as well post the LF names as well though some of them can be or should be DHs.- Right Field
The problem is most of those names on that FA list (or these proposals) are either LF, or old DHs at this point. I personally think our RF will probably come via trade by KW, though one interesting name on that list (though he's had two brutal years, then again.. it was with a horrid team and maybe a change of scenery and revival of career is in order) is Austin Kearns who actually has a career .353 OBP. I haven't seen him though for a long time so I dunno if he's as bad as it seems though but I think he coulda be a perfect buy low candidate and will still only be 30 midway through the upcomming season so he's still in his prime window. Wasn't he top 3 in the fielding bible award a couple years ago Kalapse? I always remembered him being very good defensively in RF. Risky, but I think being dicked around over in Washington, not to mention going to a contender and hitter friendly park (which I believe he's played mostly in pitcher's parks in his career) can be beneficial for him. It also depends what we want to do with Quentin who can either stay in LF, get moved to RF which solves that problem, or can DH depending on what KW does in the outfield and be that "last resort guy". It's always fun though to discuss this stuff as we all (and even other fans on other teams) know that KW is very unpredictable. EDIT: Now looking at his UZR, he still plays a strong right field does Kearns. Here's some potential RF names on the block. Though I'm not a fan of the site- i am drunk in 2009
QUOTE (The Beast @ Nov 7, 2009 -> 12:55 AM) Dude - I'm 21. It's legal to drink. I don't do it often, but I don't mind having something to drink once in awhile. I just don't pound it like some others do. Tonight I tried a shot of straight vodka, had a miller light and then did the shot of straight everclear. Followed up by lots of cherry Coke. Might I add that drinking isn't really that big of a deal. LOL, I'm sorry just with all the bullcrap many here have had to put up with you on this issue over the years, I just find it very humbling and very hilarious. I mean there was recent thread just a few months back on you against it. Though I don't wanna stir this thread up or backtrack it so I'll just leave it alone. Welcome to the game though.- i am drunk in 2009
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 7, 2009 -> 12:51 AM) Everclear is awesome. As is Bacardi 151. I love Everclear also. I think the only drink which always makes me have "stories" or "bad experiences" or really get to me is Jäger.- i am drunk in 2009
QUOTE (The Beast @ Nov 7, 2009 -> 12:41 AM) I had a straight shot of that s*** (Everclear). It's disgusting - made me feel like I had a sore throat after I had it. Did I actually just read you and drinking in the same sentence? No it can't be..... :o :o I must be hopped on pop (damn pepsi) or something.- Where will Beckham and Alexei play in 2010 ?
I'm sure Quentin is also saddened by Josh leaving. Barring any unforeseen changes, I hope Beckham has an incredible career at 2B.- Right Field
QUOTE (SockMe @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 11:15 PM) regarding the potential Crawford trade, is that just something that Cowley made up or is that a legit trade in the works? It was on B&B today from what Cowley mentioned. Supposedly could be a "sexy" rumor leading up to the Winter meetings.- Sox acquire Mark Teahen, $$$ for Getz/Fields
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 12:31 PM) Teahen would have lead the sox in doubles last year. Supposedly one of the main reasons why KW really liked him. We had the second fewest doubles in the league last year. Beckham, Teahan and hopefully a "back to normal" Rios should help solidlify the XBH with whoever else KW has up his sleeve this offseason. Very athletic players is what we are trying to generate. - 2010 MLB Catch-All Thread