Everything posted by fathom
-
Successful Plan B; What’s Next?
Wonder if they try and trade for Quintana
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Personally, I blame Cuba for not producing more pitchers
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Reminds me of a college coach that fails at recruiting
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
It’s his fiancée by the way. No wonder he has to try and please her.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
I also get the sense they do a terrible job at evaluating where they stand with a player
-
Sox in on MadBum
I do remember Dick Allen saying a month ago that MadBum was on their radar
-
Sox in on MadBum
At this point, I will be pleasantly surprised if it’s not Keuchel.
-
Sox in on MadBum
Time to turn this into MadBumTalk
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
How is Wheeler not risky as hell? TJS once and throws incredibly hard.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
When they missed on Manny last year, I felt like someone punched me in the gut. This year with Wheeler, it’s nothing like that. Hopefully they get creative with this money now.
-
Successful Plan B; What’s Next?
I’m the last person to defend the FO, but when did they say anything about Wheeler
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
I don’t know why people were so optimistic that the front office that couldn’t suck at free agency more during the last 5 years would all of a sudden be good at it.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Jerry won’t do that though. He’s proven time and again he needs to sell.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Well the Abreu extension was inexcusable, but I think this is less about what they had available in the budget and more how they valued Wheeler.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Confirmed by?
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
And the award for most dramatic response goes to....
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
I’m sick of him being the mouthpiece. As soon as he started making excuses last night for why they might not get him, I knew Wheeler was going elsewhere.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Jerry is never going to want to spend that much on a pitcher.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Hopefully, but seems like it will be Keuchel/Roark/Wood instead
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
And need to stop acting like the Sox have a new owner
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Can’t wait to sign Dallas K and hear how he’s the next Buehrle
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Well this should be fun
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Not sure, but Cubs would love Osuna
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
I still want to believe the Sox were entertaining a free agent today at GRF.
-
Cole Hamels to the Braves, 1 year $18 Million.
That was pretty embarrassing