Everything posted by fathom
-
McCann inks 1 year, 5.4M deal with Sox
This would be a big mistake. McCann is very likely to be an offensive liability, and Grandal is most valuable if you get him catching more often than not. As for Collins, I just don’t believe the organization is willing to count on him as primary DH.
-
Cole Hamels to the Braves, 1 year $18 Million.
Especially with Yankees going after Cole and Strasburg, potentially getting Wheeler even more money from the Angels. I still think Wheeler is nuts to decide before Cole and Strasburg do.
-
Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread
He was my pick if they traded Madrigal. I think he gets a starting spot elsewhere.
-
Cole Hamels to the Braves, 1 year $18 Million.
It will likely be him saying how promising the Sox future is and that any free agent should be interested in them.
-
Cole Hamels to the Braves, 1 year $18 Million.
Problem is he’s had oblique issues 2 of the last 3 years. He also looked washed up last time in the AL.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Rangers met with Wheeler. Also mentions he’s expected to pick a team this week. https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/rangers/2019/12/03/sources-rangers-meet-with-free-agent-3b-anthony-rendon/
-
Sox Non-Tender Yolmer, Frare, Burr, Release Veiera
Shaw was awful last year
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Is this where I’m pessimistic and say it’s just Hamels and not both
-
Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread
Charles the Cat wrong again
-
Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread
Souza just got non-tendered also
-
Sox Non-Tender Yolmer, Frare, Burr, Release Veiera
Tendered
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
I’m thinking more for next 3 years, and I also don’t think you would want Wheeler in that 5th year.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
I would rather have Ryu and Castellanos for same price as Wheeler
-
Sox Non-Tender Yolmer, Frare, Burr, Release Veiera
There goes hope of the DFA being announced in alignment with a signing
-
Mous to the Reds, 4yr Deal
I’m thinking this takes them out of the Castellanos battle
-
Mous to the Reds, 4yr Deal
Cool, he will be playing 2nd there I’m sure
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Because the controllable starting pitcher would be a lot cheaper than overpaying for someone not quite as good, as opposed to what the cost would be to get a solid 2nd baseman (ie: Villar).
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Agreed and would have loved to see Madrigal dealt for a controllable, quality starting pitcher.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Believe this was about tendering contracts
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
This too https://mobile.twitter.com/Nick_BPSS/status/1201303578205442048
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Fake, no one under that name works for fangraphs
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
He makes me look like an optimistic fan
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
I think Marte would excel in RF. He has s great arm and plays the wall very well.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Yes, before this year he was easily the most popular Sox player amongst the Sox fans at my kids’ school.
-
NFL Thread 2019-2020
Truly the most unlikeable Bears team I can remember.