Everything posted by fathom
-
Ri.Justice still loves the White Sox (or is on JR payroll)
I’ve never heard a GM say “you never know who the 3-4-5 will be, still moves to be made” basically unprompted. That level of cockiness was embarrassing in retrospect.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Easily Joc. Also by rule I don’t think you can trade someone you sign as a free agent until a certain date (unless they agree to it)
-
2018-9 MLB off season free agency thread
Yeah that’s a great deal. The 10 mil a year AAV will help them with the luxury tax as well.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
But for the Padres he seemed like a good fit
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
All along, the organization said it mattered what happened this offseason with regards to where Yoan played. It didn’t take a genius to realize he would be at 3rd if they didn’t get Manny. Once Moustakas signed and Yoan practiced at 3rd, it seemed over to me.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
I’d be great with 8/330.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
In retrospect, I would have really liked it if the Sox signed Pollock to the deal he got.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
This isn't something anyone has said to me, but I also personally believe the Sox were way too confident in Manny wanting to play for the White Sox. They were never in a position to have "home field advantage", and the fact that they didn't get a chance to match shows the Jay/Alonso acquisitions didn't give them that advantage.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
supposedly a prediction, not a sourced tweet
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
I always thought Harper was their dream acquisition while Manny was more attainable. Who would you want as the face of your organization, the most popular player in baseball or someone who just disgrace themselves with their actions in the postseason during a contract season?
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
The thing that sucks is if Nightengale is to be believed, the Padres weren't going to up their offer from 300 if someone matched it.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Once we heard of the 2nd meeting with the Padres, I got super nervous.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Not referencing what we talked about, but I always go back to that tweet that some teams thought the Padres offer was 8/240 and others thought it was 8/280.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Which is why I think the 300 million ceiling is and was total BS and just KW trying to justify how they blew the negotiations.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
And I will say this for shack...everything he's shared on here or told me about has been accurate regarding Manny. Never once did he say it was a done deal. What he did say is that he strongly believed the Sox would get him AS LONG AS they didn't blow the negotiations.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
And what I believe is they were told they have to match a 300 million dollar offer, and the Sox said "no thanks, we're good with our current offer" with the thought that Lozano was bluffing that they really had 300. And yes, shack told me shortly before the announcement what the Sox thought the Padres offer was at.
-
2/24 Voldemort’s vs. ChiSox, 2 p.m.
Palka left with hamstring tightness. Sign Bryce!
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
yes
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
People just really need to stop thinking they have any idea what these teams can afford.
-
Sullivan: No matter how much $ is spent, it's never enough for fans
This offseason has just been one continuous FU to the remaining fan base.
-
Sullivan: No matter how much $ is spent, it's never enough for fans
so Jerry's alias is Paul Sullivan? It's truly unbelievable someone could write this article and include the White Sox.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Not that I necessarily believe it, but various members of Padres twitter seem to think the Padres offered Bryce a 10 year deal over 300 tonight.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Ironically WSD was one of the first to say "Preller is the wild card, as no one knows what he's thinking"
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Jones or CarGo makes them more watchable? Jones is a statue on the field now.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Yeah, I'm going to say that is a bunch of BS.