Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chitownsportsfan

Members

Everything posted by chitownsportsfan

  1. One thing nice is that when Robert is the CF it will push Leury to either 2B or super sub. I wouldn't have a problem with him starting next year at 2B as a placemat for Madrigal coming up sometime in June and then he goes back to super utility guy. So I wouldn't worry about signing a 2B or utility guy. Focus should almost 100% be on RF and SP and then RP.
  2. They have them parsed out it appears. That list of RF outside Castellanos and Puig is straight garbage. The list of veteran SP looks pretty deep however.
  3. Yea we have less holes to fill now so again here's hoping. @raBBit On the SP front I'd like to see them acquire someone at the deadline. It's a total buyer's market. I still think Mike Leake makes a lot of sense.
  4. Oh God I'm too old for this shit.
  5. Indeed. You hope. That's all you can do. Expecting them to do a 180 on FA signings is just...hopeful. When was the last time Hahn attempted to supplement the roster via FA? 2015? Was that the Wilson Betetimit era or the Keppinger era? It all has blended together.
  6. Now that is a trade that might get them talking and from that point you could make it work, including sending cash if needed. Sox need to figure out a way to leverage all their payroll flexibility.
  7. Look at the back of his baseball card he's been about a 2 WAR guy for years now. Things change and I was surprised myself when I looked earlier this year on a related topic on another forum I frequent. .
  8. If the price is right sure but Puig at this point is a flashier Avi. He's a 2 WAR RF that is aging poorly. As a placeholder for someone else I'd offer him 3 years 30 million take it or leave it. I doubt he gets anything more than 3 years guaranteed or an AAV above 10 million.
  9. Seems like a 3rd team would have to get involved. I think Sox fans are going to be pretty disapointed at the deadline. I'm guessing they move Colome for a B- type and that's it. Something slightly better than the Medeiros guy they got last year.
  10. @Flash Well that would get it done but yea not happening. @BackDoorBreach does boston have anybody we can absorb NBA style?
  11. I was thinking of making a thread on it but what is our "best offer" to any contender? If it's Abrue+Colome+Bummer what does that return?
  12. I just can't see a scenario where anybody gives what Boston would want and that's likely a MLB ready prospect, (an org's top 1-2 guy most likely), then another back end top 10 guy (likely 2). He's a young OF controlled for three more years and is hovering around a 3 WAR true talent before 25. For Chicago what would even get it done? You aren't trading Madrigal. Robert, come on. Vaughn can't be moved. Nobody else in our top 10 probably moves the needle for them. Jose Abreu, Colome and Bummer isn't getting it done and that's probably our best realistic offer.
  13. jose looks like he tweaked his hammy.
  14. for the most part he's had great command and that continued in that inning. But yea it's a little harder sitting at 92-93 than 96-97.
  15. he almost fucked up that high throw from short right there. he knows he can come off the bag on play he has the runner by 20 feet right? wasn't there any article that came out his 1st year here that basically said the Sox were shocked he had never even been taught any of the basic 1st base footwork?
  16. I can't wait until we have a real 1B that can go to his right.
  17. get in the fucking box bro.
  18. yoan completely baffled. jesus.
  19. Adam Engel our lord and savior.
  20. fuck yea james. even if he only hits for a 730 OPS next year his catching is worth a starting gig.
  21. lol how the fuck does a mlb hitter get jammed on a 83 mph changeup middle in?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.