chitownsportsfan
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
Home Sweet Home: White Sox vs Marlins 7:10 CT (Nova vs Richards)
you know it's always the fans like you that pretend to only watch the game and not read the box. did you see james just get blown the fuck away by pitches a good juco player lines into the gap? Come on. Open your eyes. If you can't see he's struggling you're blind!
-
Home Sweet Home: White Sox vs Marlins 7:10 CT (Nova vs Richards)
Someone pointed it out the other week Jose's oppo field stroke is gone. He is cheating to pull everything. You can kiss goodbye to any high BA from him. 270 is his over under now. When is the last time you saw him drive a pitch hard into the gap the other way? It used to be his calling card. And look I'm an older fan now I've seen this happen to aging sluggers. There are some fans that will hang onto the Jose's and Konerkos and Dyes until they need a wheelchair to round 1st. That ain't it.
-
Home Sweet Home: White Sox vs Marlins 7:10 CT (Nova vs Richards)
he was badly late on a 91 mph fastball right down the middle then should have probably been rung up on a curve then ripped an awful changeup and I said good job. when will people realize i call everything like i see it here? he's struggling and got a really good pitch to hit and didn't miss it the 2nd time. the 1st fastball was right there and Jose of 2016 ripps that ball into the RF gap with authority he doesn't foul it off meekly. merycy.
-
Home Sweet Home: White Sox vs Marlins 7:10 CT (Nova vs Richards)
wow reed just DFA this bum. I could have ripped that one! Wow. Sit the fuck down.
-
Home Sweet Home: White Sox vs Marlins 7:10 CT (Nova vs Richards)
another lopez changeup ripped. lmao. it's fucking nice to have the shoe on the other foot for once.
-
Home Sweet Home: White Sox vs Marlins 7:10 CT (Nova vs Richards)
abreu wasn't even close on the curve and he throws a shitty change, that is just stupid pitch calling.
-
Home Sweet Home: White Sox vs Marlins 7:10 CT (Nova vs Richards)
this guy stinks. opponents hitting like 320 against his changeup the marlins guy just said.
-
Home Sweet Home: White Sox vs Marlins 7:10 CT (Nova vs Richards)
lol that was a lopez changeup and he didn't miss it. good job.
-
Home Sweet Home: White Sox vs Marlins 7:10 CT (Nova vs Richards)
wow. the bat speed is gone for jose.
-
Home Sweet Home: White Sox vs Marlins 7:10 CT (Nova vs Richards)
Not sure how long Jay's going to keep it up but I can tolerate his sloth like movements as long as he's on base at a 380 clip.
-
Home Sweet Home: White Sox vs Marlins 7:10 CT (Nova vs Richards)
soft tosser so who breaks up the no hitter in the 6th?
-
Home Sweet Home: White Sox vs Marlins 7:10 CT (Nova vs Richards)
You want your best hitter 2nd usually. Most saber guys will say the 3rd spot is highly over rated. It's more important to not have 3 easy outs in a row so you might want to swap your traditional 7th hitter for your 3rd hitter just to make sure you have more of a balanced lineup.
-
Home Sweet Home: White Sox vs Marlins 7:10 CT (Nova vs Richards)
There isn't a single reason on God's green earth to give Reed and Jay more PA than Anderson. Anderson is still developing give him the PA. Reed slotting in 6th is sickening he's done nothing to get a longer look he should be 7th imo with Yolmer always 8th and you put the high OBP slug Jay 9th to help get guys on for Moncada and Eloy. TA slots in nicely at 3 or 5 but that would require rustling the 105 wRC+ Jimmies of Jose "I'm a 1B" Abreu.
-
Tim Anderson high ankle sprain
Thanks so much! Always appreciate your insight.
-
Tim Anderson high ankle sprain
It's from the bottom of my glutes on the "outside" to about halfway to the knee. It's quite localized but feels "deep" if that makes any sense. I wouldn't say it's a "shooting" pain it all it's rather sorta of a dull ache or "tightness". I thought when it first happened I could stretch it out but that just made it worse, which is why my self-diag was a nerve issue.
-
Tim Anderson high ankle sprain
have you ever worked with someone that has hamstring syndrome? I believe I have it. About a month ago I did three days of really hard workouts in a row, including a hike and leg day and woke up unable to basically bend down to put my pants on. It's much better a few weeks later but still flares up in the mornings or if I sit too long. I've taken to trying to stand as much as possible at work.
-
Dylan Cease
His riff off attendance and onto the normality of going on a date and not looking up at your partner was the nut of the thing. It's shocking to me when I see couples both on their phone ignoring each other in social settings. His point about how everybody on IG is "living their best life" but all of Gen Z is in a "mental health crisis" is spot on. Which one is it? Best life, YOLO or is it a crisis of confidence? It's obviously the latter and the former is just a veneer. Is it the end of society? Probably not, but it's toxic imo and is a large part of why the youth (people under 26 or so) are so depressed all the time and anxious. PUT DOWN THE PHONE!
-
Eloy going on IL
What you on tweetdeck or something! You beat me by a few minutes! Hopefully he's cleared to start swinging later this week and both him and TA are back 1st week of August or even sooner.
-
GRate to get Netting to the Foul Poles
Ugh. I mean, I get it. But a part of me just dies inside seeing that barrier up in the really expensive seats. I hope that they look into doing something where they can easily retract them pregame and post game.
-
Dylan Cease
Maybe this was posted elsewhere but as someone that's in between Gen X and Gen Z (older millenial) I found his comments spot fucking on.
-
Dylan Cease
I like what I've seen. His stuff is TOR quality. His command is currently AA level. I have a theory he was basically the same guy in AA but batters were just not chasing his fastball half a foot off the plate. Let him work out his command issues at the MLB level so he knows what he's got to work on all offseason and next spring.
-
Free Agency - How confident are you?
well he hit the mendoza line for a 590 OPS so he stunk when he was on the South Side. yea I can see that. Just find a 2 WAR type so you can see what you have in Basabe and Rutherford heading into 2021 and beyond while not completely punting the position in what should be a contending year.
-
Free Agency - How confident are you?
Heyward isn't going to opt out and it's worth a call to see what they want for him come December. If it's just "take on his salary and send us some A ball reliever" it might make sense depending on the other options. It's a risk, but at worst you probably get about 8 WAR for 80 million and he's off the books in 2024 when it's time to potentially re-up on Moncada and others.
-
Free Agency - How confident are you?
who is option 1A in RF? I don't think there is one looking at that list. Puig on a one year deal would be alright I guess. He's a bad defender at this point in his career as well however. There are really no good glove guys available that can hit a lick.
-
Free Agency - How confident are you?
How about Avi?