chitownsportsfan
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: Big name throwing out first pitch tomorrow
Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
4/26 Sox @ Toronto 12:07
is Romy the worst player on a MLB roster? He could very well be. A zero tool player.
-
4/26 Sox @ Toronto 12:07
Despite what some will tell you a lot of development still happens at the MLB level. Hell, remember that video of I think it was the 1st base coach teaching fielding that went viral last year? We don't have a single guy like that around in our org. We have dead wood like Boston and super Joe.
-
4/26 Sox @ Toronto 12:07
He's one of the guys where his arm just didn't really come back after TJS. He also had some shoulder issues IIRC, sucks, but that's pitching.
-
4/26 Sox @ Toronto 12:07
Andrew Vaughn is now at a career -1 fWAR. Another wasted draft pick. Maybe in three years he's an average regular.
-
4/26 Sox @ Toronto 12:07
Zavala is one of our better hitters. That's...something.
-
4/26 Sox @ Toronto 12:07
Did Jack Parkman ban or self ban? Haven't seen him lately.
-
4/26 Sox @ Toronto 12:07
the short stubby non athlete looking dudes the Jays have actually take a lot of walks and hit for power. Huh. Wonder how we could find some of those guys.
-
4/26 Sox @ Toronto 12:07
kopech shaking his shoulder, great.
-
4/26 Sox @ Toronto 12:07
that didn't take long.
-
4/26 Sox @ Toronto 12:07
we don't have any coaching. I refuse to believe the majority of players that come through here are this bad at basic s%*#.
-
What is rock bottom for this FO? What what would need to happen for a shakeup at the top?
24 months ago we were fucking rocking. I wonder what the FO thinks when they remember that. What an absolute s%*# 180. You sign Machado and say another key FA and who knows what happens last season, maybe you win 92 and win it all after, you never know. Not saying that was likely, but it would have at least been a good thrill to have tried.
-
4/25- White Sox at Blue Jays, 6:07
That's 4 too much.
-
What is rock bottom for this FO? What what would need to happen for a shakeup at the top?
WHAT ARE YOU DOING HAHN? THAT JUST SHOWS YOU RIGHT THERE THAT IS A GM THAT KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT THE GAME OF BASEBALL!
-
Fire Rick Hahn
Historically awful, that would be a rock bottom of sorts.
-
What is rock bottom for this FO? What what would need to happen for a shakeup at the top?
I'm almost long for the days when you have a guy like Mariotti that would just rip the s%*# out of the club on the Sun Times and it would mean a significant thing publicly. There's no strong voice that will reach JR now from the media.
-
What is rock bottom for this FO? What what would need to happen for a shakeup at the top?
"Fire Hahn" has a decent ring to it.
-
What is rock bottom for this FO? What what would need to happen for a shakeup at the top?
I really think that's one that might prompt a change. I wouldn't, but there is an argument sagging Bulls attendance was what finally did in GarPax. If you believe that, and again, I can squint and believe it, fans not showing up might prompt a change. Public humiliation while draining his bank account might spur JR to do something.
-
What is rock bottom for this FO? What what would need to happen for a shakeup at the top?
Def sunk cost fallacy at this point. The sooner we move on the sooner we can start heading in a different (hopefully better) direction. @Lip Man 1 I'm not sure if you have legit insight or if you're just an old (rightly) cynical follower but in this case I hope to hell you're wrong.
-
What is rock bottom for this FO? What what would need to happen for a shakeup at the top?
Rock bottom is probably eliminated all but mathematically by June. So something like 15-30 record. At this rate, we'll hit that. We'll be one of the worst teams in MLB with a top 10 payroll and a bottom 1/3 farm. We'll have several guys that need to be moved before we don't extend them: things will get worse before they get better. Would that be enough to fire Hahn? Personally I don't think so. I think only after another 100 loss season next year would that happen. Sadly I think Hahn will try and sell JR on one more year and JR will listen. That means we won't blow it up but will continue to limp along pretending we can contend with this roster into 2024.
-
4/25- White Sox at Blue Jays, 6:07
I'm going to make a new thread on what it will take to shakeup the FO and what rock bottom is, mods can delete it if they think it's redundant but I'm curious what us diehards think will happen.
-
4/25- White Sox at Blue Jays, 6:07
Have a game Sheets.
-
4/25- White Sox at Blue Jays, 6:07
So you have to have good offense and good pitching to win games, thanks Gordon.
-
4/25- White Sox at Blue Jays, 6:07
Beer.
-
4/25- White Sox at Blue Jays, 6:07
I hear the same thing on Bulls games: can someone in the FO explain to these asshats calling the games that in a blowout loss, another one, the fans to NOT WANT TO HEAR THE ANNOUNCERS BITCHING ABOUT HOW LONG THE GAME IS GOING.
-
4/25- White Sox at Blue Jays, 6:07
lol full compliment of arms. GTFO gordon.