Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chitownsportsfan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chitownsportsfan

  1. There's no way Stone will go on the record with a win prediction. No fucking way. He has nothing to gain and a lot to lose.
  2. Dude if Nick wants to come here on 1/15, and I've sorta come around on the Mazara move -- YOU WELCOME IT WITH OPEN ARMS. Anybody good at the deadline will cost a king's ransom in prospects, not just cash. Signing Nick gives the Sox about 2 more wins over Mazara on paper. Probably would improve playoff odds from about 40% to 50% preseason. It's a no brainer, a one year deal? Come on. As noted yesterday even 2/42 makes a lot of sense. Anything longer does not.
  3. Dude spring training is going to be absolutely lit this year. Look at all the young exciting players you're going to be able to see up close and personal: Eloy, Yoan, Madrigal, Vaughn, Robert, Kopech, Cease, Rutherford, Basabe and so on. Also see they invited Delmonica and Medeiros. Be interesting to see if either of those guys has shown any improvement. Be nice to keep building depth.
  4. Yup, that 2/38 upthread sounds perfect and if you need to go 2/42 that's also a no brainer. Worst case you have too many good players in 2021, oh well.
  5. Enjoy, warms my heart to see new Sox fans and passing on the game from father to son.
  6. Longer this goes on the more leverage Sox will have. No rush he's a guy you only get at your price at this point in the offseason. @BrianAnderson 's 2 year 38 million sounds alright, although I might balk at going out to 3 for a guy that is really just a DH. Jose hopefully transitions to at least 50% of his starts at DH in 2021-22.
  7. Solid regulars are going to be needed, there should be plenty of stars as long as Moncada and Robert and Eloy and Gio and so forth stay relatively healthy. Be nice to get one more solid regular for RF internally. If not Mazara with a reasonable extension for reasonable production then hopefully one of Basabe/Rutherford/Micker.
  8. Do you think Bowden has personally scouted every prospect on the list? Hell nah. He's just a former GM (a poor one) with an opinion. Just one man's opinion. Vaughn is a 1B that's going to hit 280/360/500 for the next decade and produce a 3-4 fWAR every year. He's not a sexy prospect but something would have to really go wrong for him not to be a decent starter from 2022-2030.
  9. At what point should one speculate on a message board? When they are 50% sure? 75% sure? When they have corroborating sources willing to go on the record and swear on a bible? I respect you and quin but this tone policing is nonsense and speaks to silly authoritarian instincts that permeate online spaces as well as off.
  10. 10%. Probably some QBs and offensive line man. I'd hazard a guess near 98% of the position players outside QB are on PED cocktails.
  11. lol I almost subbed that for biceps. two smaller muscle groups that are very hard to get to "pop" unless you're on gear. And traps on a woman is a dead giveway she's on the female version of T, I forget its common name right now.
  12. I"ll say just as someone that has worked out literally going on two decades now and been on nothing but creatine and protein the entire time it's very, very easy to see the guys at the gym that are cycling T. They are shredded at 6% body fat, have massive biceps and do light weight maintenance off cycle and then on cycle lift heavy. If I can see it, I'm absolutely sure pro trainers and athletes can see it.
  13. Because this isn't Walter Cronkite's news at 6 it's a MESSAGE BOARD. FFS the entire function is to talk among ourselves about rumors and news and SPECULATE on those topics. "oh no we can't speculate that Serena is on vitamins" -- hell yea I can look at her shoulders! LOOK AT TENNIS. LOOK AT NADAL! They are all getting help, or most of them.
  14. It's obvious that to compete in any endurance sport you have to be on the dope. You can enter the event but you ain't gonna win if you're all natty. Power sports mostly the same like sprinting, weight lifting, MMA, Bobsled. Especially when power/weight ratio is everything.
  15. It's insane to me that speculation in a message board is met with derision.
  16. Yea that video did a great job showing how his speed plays in all areas.
  17. Justin Verlander imo is a complete asshat. Hypocrites suck. Often times it's those that protest the loudest that have the most to hide.
  18. I was ready to run through a wall last night after watching this.
  19. from 2002? How about what the world anti doping agency thinks in 2019.
  20. that's a load of bunk. HGH is a miracle drug for fatique and recovery in season and furthermore can only be detected via blood test. I'd hazard a guess 2/3 of pro athletes are on it. Including Lebron and almost every big time NBA star and NFL star. I don't care, more power to 'em. But if true this waiver is insane.
  21. you mean to tell me this swollen jaw dude is on HGH? Preposterous! FWIW I think HGH should be legal in general and it shouldn't be a banned substance in MLB as well but if this is true it's a million times bigger than the sign stealing scandal this involves a behind the scenes shady ass deal with the commish. This sort of waiver (if true) CANNOT be private.
  22. And mike trout apparently has a waiver from MLB to use HGH. Dude. Manfred you gots some 'splainin' to do homie.
  23. Baseball got completely caught with their pants down. This is the steroid scandal 2.0 and it will stain Manfred's tenure. Good, fuck Manfred. He might be at a point soon where he has to suspend players that were involved. I'm not sure he can do that in the CBA but I'd imagine a large portion of the Players' Union is pissed about this, like Wood.
  24. Nice, highest rank I ever achieved in a ladder was Plat in SC2. I think that's like 20th percentile and then Diamond is like top 5%, so it's a massive leap to get to diamond. I gave up after a few months of trying and haven't touched SC2 in years. If this is a video game thread I'm now playing a shitload of Rimworld after playing Rust for about 3K hours over the last 5 years.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.