Everything posted by Balta1701
-
**White Sox vs. Rays** 5/31 Game Thread
QUOTE (knightni @ May 31, 2008 -> 02:49 PM) Hawk and DJ just said that Wise was DFA'ed and Uribe's coming back. Honestly, I'm happy. I was honestly starting to think they'd send BA down and hold on to Wise to keep the LH bat.
-
**White Sox vs. Rays** 5/31 Game Thread
OK BA, get us started. Come on struggling OF's...
-
**White Sox vs. Rays** 5/31 Game Thread
QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ May 31, 2008 -> 02:46 PM) Javy throwing too many pitches. Needs some quick outs. 40 pitches through 2.
-
**White Sox vs. Rays** 5/31 Game Thread
QUOTE (G&T @ May 31, 2008 -> 02:41 PM) Crede gets picked off second? I can't wait to see that. I sure can. You know...I was just thinking...one thing this team has too many of? Baserunners.
-
**White Sox vs. Rays** 5/31 Game Thread
Thanks Joe!
-
**White Sox vs. Rays** 5/31 Game Thread
Come on Brian...a hit here would be great.
-
**White Sox vs. Rays** 5/31 Game Thread
come on Paul, do something useful today.
-
**White Sox vs. Rays** 5/31 Game Thread
27 pitches for Javy in the first. That inning seemed to go on FOREVER.
-
**White Sox vs. Rays** 5/31 Game Thread
Mercy, how did we get out of that unscathed?
-
Democratic Rules and Bylaws Committee
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 31, 2008 -> 02:08 PM) I just updated my post with number. This ends by Friday at the latest. I was really hoping for Tuesday.
-
Democratic Rules and Bylaws Committee
God I just want this to end this week...
-
2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (fathom @ May 31, 2008 -> 01:06 PM) Buster Olney said a name to watch for the Cubs as the season goes on is C.C. Sabathia. Who in the world would the Cubs have that would interest the Indians at that level? Considering that if he walks he's a type A guy, I'm not sure that emptying the Cubs minor league system would be enough to pry him away if I was the tribe
-
**White Sox vs. Rays** 5/31 Game Thread
Give em Jell, Javy.
-
What should Ozzie do with Swisher?
QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 30, 2008 -> 07:36 PM) At this point I'd replace Swisher with Anderson as the everyday starting CF with Swisher becoming the fourth OF/back-up 1B super sub. If Anderson produces you leave it that way unless Konerko is still slumping by the end of June, then Swisher takes over at 1B. If after three to four weeks Anderson isn't getting it done, you put Swisher back in CF and hope the time off did him some good and cleared his mind. Unfortunately, there's a better chance of Wise taking over as the full time CF than there is with Anderson doing so.
-
White Sox @ Rays 6:10pm CSNHD
QUOTE (29andPoplar @ May 30, 2008 -> 08:06 PM) Everything starts at the top. Honestly again...I disagree. I'm not having that big of a problem with the top of our order right now. My problem is with the middle of the order after Dye.
-
White Sox @ Rays 6:10pm CSNHD
QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2008 -> 06:54 PM) I really wish we could add a little more speed to the every day lineup, but that's not likely to happen again until this offseason (you have to think we'll go after Furcal). This lineup would be so much better if we could move OC back to the 2 spot, and have a real leadoff hitter at the top. I hear Jerry Owens is available. Seriously, I don't care about speed. Speed can't make 3 of our 4 biggest bats suddenly wake up. The way this lineup is constructed it should be begging for OBP at the top, not speed.
-
2008 White Sox Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (greg775 @ May 30, 2008 -> 06:45 PM) I don't know if Nick Swisher is capable of not sucking at baseball. Man, he has been soo bad. At some point, don't the Sox need to Billy Butler-ize Swish?? I was just thinking about the Anderson/Mack mess back in 06. For the first 3 months of the season, we had Anderson struggling mightily with the bat, more so than swisher is now, but not by all that much. But even before Anderson got the chance to start sucking, Mackowiak was platooning with him in CF, starting on day 2 of the season. And we were so adamant about this that we kept doing it even after Mack's defense cost us game after game out there, and even after Mack's bat cooled off. Swisher's no where near the glove Anderson is, and yet we keep putting him out there every single day.
-
Politics and the Pulpit
You know, if we just could get a public campaign financing system set up and working...we might not have to worry about any of this.
-
What should Ozzie do with Swisher?
QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 30, 2008 -> 06:19 PM) I think it will ruin him mentally, he is a hyped up guy. Benching him might send the message you are looking for, while keeping him from the embarrassment of moving down to AAA. Assuming Anderson isn't sent down when Uribe comes back...that would require playing Anderson regularly. And I think it'll be a cold day in Dick Cheney's undisclosed location before that happens.
-
Your first place Chicago White Sox!
QUOTE (Brian @ May 30, 2008 -> 06:11 PM) I'm starting to turn to the darkside. Seems we win when this thing is locked. After tonight's ugh fest...done.
-
What should Ozzie do with Swisher?
Back to the Swisher topic...someone floated the idea of sending him down to AAA for a while in the game thread tonight. Thoughts? At this point, how can it hurt?
-
White Sox @ Rays 6:10pm CSNHD
QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2008 -> 06:07 PM) Against Kazmir, I think we'll see Anderson. Honestly, I don't think we'll see any changes except perhaps Uribe in the lineup and Hall starting. Especially if Wise has now moved in to the #1 OF off the bench role, as he was used tonight, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Anderson sent down so that Ozzie gets a left handed bat on the bench.
-
White Sox @ Rays 6:10pm CSNHD
QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2008 -> 06:06 PM) At least we get to see Toby, probably Anderson, and Ozuna tomorrow. On the bright side, Ramirez looked fantastic tonight. Anderson? Ha, yeah right. I'll bet you have a better chance of seeing Wise starting.
-
White Sox @ Rays 6:10pm CSNHD
QUOTE (zenryan @ May 30, 2008 -> 06:05 PM) better than what we have going on right now. Considering those #'s are in AAA...no it's not.
-
White Sox @ Rays 6:10pm CSNHD
QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 30, 2008 -> 06:01 PM) Time to call up fields. Park one of the non hitting mutlimillionaires on the bench. What part of Fields's .246 average and sub .800 OPS suggest he's the solution?