Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 02:13 PM) What awful shows are you forced to watch because of your significant other or children? Mine is Project Runway. I've been watching it so long with my wife that I actually enjoy it now. My wife watches the trashiest of trashy reality tv, thank god we have multiple TVs in the house. Kardashians, Real Housewives, The Challenge(YES ITS f***ING TRASHY I DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK), Real World, Shahs of Sunset, Survivor, Big Brother. I can tolerate the Survivors and Big Brothers, and I watch Top Chef with her, but i run and hide when the other crap is on. I would prefer to watch Spongebob and Adventure time with Jakob. My daughter watches the Nick and Disney shows, Labrats, Victorious, shows like that. But she watches them in her own room.
  2. GSP is taking an indefinite leave from the UFC and is vacating his title belt
  3. Speaking of Rodgers, he is out this weekend again, as is Briggs.
  4. QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 09:57 AM) If Lovie could get an offensive minded guy with him in Texas he could do some good things down there. I can see him going to Detroit or Washington as well. This is always the story with him. It just seems like he simply doesnt care.
  5. QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 09:32 AM) Keenan Allen is already a great WR. Can't believe he fell to the third round last year. The crossing pattern he ran last night when he jumped over the defender to get the touchdown was awesome
  6. QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 04:57 PM) Does anyone else think the allegations against Jong-un's uncle are fabrications by their government, or have I seen too many movies? The fact that he's already executed and that he was considered the second-most-powerful person over there is was made me think it. I think I read that Kim Jong Uns wife didn't like his uncle and that played into this. I wish I was kidding
  7. Mayock and Nessler sound genuinely disappointed that the Broncos will probably lose this game
  8. s*** getting crazy in DC. @RapSheet: One thing clear from talking to #Redskins coaches: They all think they're getting fired, tho no official word has come down.
  9. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 04:55 PM) If you can't beat out guys like Elvis Grbac and Steve Bono then I'm not sure you're anything other than lousy. Those guys had some pretty good years in KC. But thats fine, Gannon was lousy then at 33 he wasnt
  10. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 04:49 PM) Anyway, Gannon was pretty much a lousy QB until the age of 33. McCown is 34 and it's not like he's looked good in a couple of games. He's looked very good in every game he's been in this year. Gannon wasnt lousy, he just never got a shot. He backed up some good QBs before the Raiders gave him a chance.
  11. McCown will be 43 first
  12. LOL Thibs : "Melo, you have to play defense" Melo : "No"
  13. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 04:41 PM) No, he is 34. he will be 36 within a few years.
  14. Kyyle23 replied to cabiness42's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 04:22 PM) I liked Cloverfield a lot too. Underrated movie I think. I think the fact that it is "found footage" ruins it for a lot of people. I like the movie, but I understand. If you are running around when a massive creature is destroying the city around you, dropping off some sort of lice/creatures that will kill you, are you going to run around continuously filming? I liked the after credits scene, but I dont think Abrams is going to do anything with it
  15. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 03:11 PM) Then we'd have no Tom Brady. Was Bledsoe healthy enough to come back that season? Its been so long, but I thought his chest injury was pretty severe.
  16. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 02:57 PM) If Cutler leaves after Trestman stood by him, Trestman is completely absolved. He cant be blamed. If Cutler leaves after Trestman benches him... And how can you say Angelo ignored offense. Didnt he trade for Cutler? I swear that cost a bunch of picks. Didnt he draft Forte? He also drafted Cedric Benson. It wasnt that Angelo ignored offense, it was that he hired bottom barrel offensive coordinators with low ceiling QBs. Thats pretty much a disaster. He ignored the offensive line, he drafted terrible wide receivers every year. Forte was his one redemption, but Benson was a bust out. He also couldnt draft a backup or waiting in the wings QB to save his life. Cutler was him trying to save his job, he knew the last couple years that he needed to make big moves. Hence, Cutler, Peppers, Manamaleuna(ugh), started happening. Honestly if Cutler left after Trestman benched him in favor of McCown(which isnt happening), i dont really think it would hurt Trestman one bit. It isnt like Cutler is a well liked character, inside or outside the organization. I want the guy to succeed, I love his skills, but the guy never does anything to make himself wanted. In the end, Trestmans job security will come in the form of wins. If he doesnt win, he wont stay around. If Cutler leaves, whoever he is replaced with will have to win for Trestman
  17. QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 02:53 PM) Cont. I love Alshon Jeffery. Hes awesome, hes exciting, hes fantastic and we have every reason to be excited. That, however, does not make Brandon Marshall expendable. Jeffery could flop. This could all be a mirage. Or he could just be a tits-awesome #2 but a god-awful #1. I dont think any of that is true personally, but I dont want to chance it just yet. Keep Marshall, keep Marshall happy. Dont go ruining this you f***ing Bears fans you with your meddling ways. It isnt meddling ways, it is managing a cap. Marshall is awesome, i love him, but he isnt a young guy anymore, every year he gets older and injuries could strike at any time. THe Bears have to be careful with how he is paid.
  18. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 02:31 PM) If he picks McCown, McCown loses, Cutler leaves, Marshall leaves, etc, his career will quickly be done. Its why Cutler will be starting because for Trestman it really makes little career sense to start McCown and take so much heat. (edit) To be more clear, if you start McCown over a healthy Cutler I doubt there is anyway you can bring Jay back. It also means you likely are going to try and bring McCown as the Qb next year or another QB. If those guys fail, Cutler goes berserk on another team, people would be calling for Trestmans head. I think that is a little drastic. Cutler could leave anyways(and Marshall as well), it doesnt affect Trestmans job status because Cutler left, disgruntled or not. If Cutler leaves, it is up to Emery to either draft(preferable obviously) his heir or sign one. At that point, Trestman needs to show he can continue to coach up a QB within his offense. I dont think Emery is going to ignore the offense like Angelo did, either. I think he really embraces the new NFL offensive ideals.
  19. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 01:41 PM) Why the hell not? Healthy or not, Cutler missed what, 7 weeks? While the rest of the offense has played well together, he's been on the sidelines. If his timing is off or he's out of sync with the offense and the Bears lose, Trestman should absolutely be criticized for losing the season on this move, just like he was rightly criticized for leaving Cutler in the Detroit game about 2.5 quarters too long. Because Jay is the starter. If Jay is healthy throughout the game and is rusty, well that really sucks, but he is the starter. The way I look at it is put any other starter in the same position. Say Manning goes down and his 2nd string comes in and performs well for 4 games(which, looking at their offense and weapons, is very possible). Does the 2nd stringer take the job away because he performed well? Should manning get the hook if he comes in and is rusty in the 5th game and they lose? Leaving Jay in the game while he is injured, that is different. He deserved criticism for that. But if your starter is healthy enough to play, you play him.
  20. There will be blow back if the Bears lose, but there shouldnt be. From the minute Jay got hurt, Trestman has maintained that Jay will start when he is healthy enough to do so.
  21. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 12:57 PM) The Bruins did that with Seguin and he's on a point per game pace so far this year. You get traded when you are busted out late during playoffs/finals and your team loses. You get reprimanded when your team wins
  22. QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 12:50 PM) The Bulls problems stem from throwing that obscene amount of money at Boozer because they whiffed on all the premium FA. The problem was they had to spend that money, it wasnt like they could save it for the next season. By the time the door was shut with Lebron, the rest of the free agents were already scooped up.
  23. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 11:24 AM) You hope Garpax is smart enough to know that Thibs can only do so much and they don't fire him. This actually worries me a lot, because of the very public acknowledgement of a rift between Gar and Thibs that came out this past summer
  24. While I am hoping for the Tank and the high pick, I just cannot watch it. There is no enjoyment in it for me, the team looks defeated out there at all times, Thibs has that "Yea, i know what is going on" look on his face, the rookies arent looking like they are learning so much as they are being thrown into the fire. It just isnt fun.
  25. QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 11:03 AM) With the receiving core that Jay has, he most certainly needs to put up those types of numbers. I reckon the Bears have the best 1-2-3 punch of receivers in the NFL! 1-2-3-4 if you add Forte's ability to catch out of the backfield

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.