Kyyle23
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: “The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 09:44 AM) I always resptected Shannon as an amazing player, but never really like him as I thought he was kind of a loud mouth, arrogant d-bag. He did gain a lot of respect from me after his HOF speech when he said "I'm the only player, of 267 men that walked through this building to my left, that can honestly say this: I'm the only pro football player that's in the Hall of Fame, and I'm the second best player in my own family." LOL, and that hasnt changed
-
Who willl win the Boras/Jay-Z agent war?
I think Seattle is being used for bargaining. I just cannot imagine Cano wanting to go there and watch his numbers fall off a cliff.
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 08:51 AM) Exactly. In this new pass first era, I'd have to think that almost all of the passing/recieving records are going to broken by somebody. Even 10-12 years ago, 4000 yards in a season was the bench mark of the top quarterbacks. Now that is pretty much the standard with the top QBs passing for closer to 5000 or more. All those passing yards have to go to somebody. Its just really hard to compare todays recievers of the past couple generations (Tim Brown, Cris Carter, Sterling Sharpe, etc.) Its really almost like apples and oranges. And even though he played in a prior generation, I would have loved to see the numbers that Sterling Sharpe would have ended up with had he been able to play with Favre in Favre's prime. Sharpe was an absolute beast. Both Sharpes were absolute beasts. Shannon was amazing, imagine if he was utilized just like Gronk? Sterlings neck injury was a damn shame
-
(Insert Celeb Here) is Dead
Mandela debate moved to buster
-
Nelson Mandela
http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/a...e/p2p-78447778/
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 09:48 PM) I had a feeling these idiots would bring it against the Heat. Carlos -- pretend it's the playoffs against elite competition, please. Lol, like I said earlier today, this is the game where the bulls inexplicably get off the mat and give the Heat a game
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
Holy s*** is Brooklyn bad. Losing by 30 to the Knicks? Lol
-
2013 TV Thread
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 07:13 PM) I'm pretty confident in Game Of Thrones sticking around as long as it wants to. It's got the huge crowd appeal due to the graphic violence, like Walking Dead. Unlike Walking Dead though, it follows it up with great plot, acting, dialogue, etc. GoT is around as long as there is book material. They are catching up to the books quicker than they are being written
-
2013 TV Thread
QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 05:41 PM) HBO pays s*** money for programming same thing that AMC is doing. One thing about shows is people want them to come out of the gate flying and then be that good for the duration. Shows lose their luster unless they are scripted comedies written by genius comedians. The Wire was a show that held water for all five seasons but the plot was so spread out that almost every season was a new show but also not to complex as GOT as lose some of the story. I think most of the GOT story is lost on a good percentage of the audience. I don't know, a lot of the longest running cable shows are dramas, not comedies. Dexter, sopranos, the wire, 6 feet under GoT true blood I'm not sure where to put Weeds, it is funny but not really a straightforward comedy.
-
Masahiro Tanaka
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 05:38 PM) Considering it's the max you can bid, it would. Lol
-
2013 TV Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 04:47 PM) One show I really wish they hadn't canceled is "How To Make It in America". I really liked that one. That was an odd cancellation. I know a lot of people liked it
-
2013 TV Thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 04:34 PM) They were both ungodly slow IMO. Tell me you love me had some nice t-n-a though. John From Cincinnati just never had enough hook for me. The idea was interesting - mysterious guy shows up in a world filled with odd and varied characters. But nothing really happened. They were slow, but that was the nature of their content. I think around that time HBO was just throwing out some good, but underdeveloped show ideas to fill the vacuum caused by the end of their cash cows like Sopranos, Deadwood, etc. Hell, they even admitted that they cancelled Tell me you love me because they had no idea what they would do with the show in the second season. Whoops
-
2013 TV Thread
QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 04:30 PM) I'm still mad that HBO killed Bored To Death. That was hilarious. Absolutely agree. I loved that show
-
2013 TV Thread
Some Cable shows dont get the footing they need to succeed because they come immediately after the cancellation/ending of a really successful show. IIRC In Treatment was a critical success, they just didnt have the viewers. Tell Me You Love Me was very similar to that
-
2013 Films Thread
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 03:42 PM) If some drop out, then it's fine to replace them. I just don't want an Avengers with like 50 superheroes running around. Or maybe that would be really cool. Seems like Spiderman is headed in that direction. Rumor is Spidey vs Sinister 6 culminating into the Venom/Carnage storyline. Thats going to be a LOT of heros and villains running around
-
2013 Films Thread
QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 03:41 PM) Aren't the Avengers culminating in Thanos though? I've never read the comics, just watched the old tv shows and played the video games. Are Apocalypse and Thanos related somehow? Why does this mean the Avengers will also be going up against him? No you are right, I got Thanos and Apocalypse confused.
-
2013 Films Thread
Im really not a fan of both X Men and Avengers going up against Apocalypse in seperate movies, if that is what that tweet means. They are already going with two seperate versions of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch
-
ARod suspended for entire 2014 season
QUOTE (Tex @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 12:43 PM) A little late but Ryan Braun is (now, finally) doing all the right things. It only took two failed drug tests, one suspension, and one character assassination
-
McDonald's NFL Rushers...
My son has one. I cant say that it is in mint condition though
-
2013 Films Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 02:09 PM) Ugh. And Storm and Cyclops and vomit. Did Cyclops get a part in this one? I thought that he was the one hold out. Maybe he ended up caving.
-
2013 Films Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 01:21 PM) I get the problems here, but having Stewart and McKellan back is a positive IMO. It is everyone past those two that is the problem. the kitty prides and icemans and rogues
-
2013 Video Game Thread
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 10:42 AM) Big Atari fan I see s***, I knew i forgot to put in Pitfall
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
Tonite will probably be a game where the Bulls inexplicably get off the mat and give the Heat a tough game
-
2013 Video Game Thread
My favorites are Both Galaxies, Xenoblade, Tales of Symphonia, and MarioKart Wii. I know, big surprise
-
2013 Films Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 10:17 AM) While it was far from one my favorites in terms of entertainment, Frozen was an impressive production. It was more of a Broadway production than it was a Disney movie. I have read nothing but good things about it