Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 9, 2013 -> 10:11 PM) Assigned Grade School/High School Books I Loved: • My Side of the Mountain • The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn • My Side of the Mountain • Animal Farm • 1984 • Catcher in the Rye • Metamorphosis • Cry the Beloved Country • Of Mice and Men • Lord of the Flies • The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde • One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich • Candide Assigned Grade School/High School Books I Struggled With/Didn't Like: • White Fang • Scarlet Letter • Steppenwolf • The Great Gatsby • Black Boy I liked My Side of the Mountain too. Not enough to list it twice though What kid didnt want to go find their own hawk after that?
  2. None of the Above, Man of Steel
  3. Kyyle23 replied to cabiness42's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 9, 2013 -> 08:52 PM) http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/09/s-h-i-e-l-d-series-order/ It's TV, but it's also movie related and we've been talking Avengers/Iron Man so much recently, so stuck it here. Lots of controvery whether SHIELD will be picked up, at what cost, if there will be an Avenger in it, and whether the Hulk will be a part of the project? Whedon has already said any major Heros will have cameos if anything. This is supposed to be about SHIELD and their job after the events of Avengers. I don't see how this isn't picked up by ABC
  4. So Doyel, Wilbon and the guy from Hoopsworld have all written stories about Rose coming back tomorrow. Kind of odd
  5. QUOTE (Brian @ May 9, 2013 -> 08:42 PM) Took a basic Shakespeare class my last year at SIU. Some was tough to interpret. Othello is my fav. I always like Midsummer Nights Dream
  6. I also really liked the short story The Lottery
  7. QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ May 9, 2013 -> 08:19 PM) Am I the only one who hated reading anything by Shakespeare? I didnt hate it, but I wasnt ready for it. We started reading his plays in class in 5th grade and I just wasnt tuned into it. I read a few plays in junior and senior year and they were better the second time around
  8. Kyyle23 replied to cabiness42's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (qwerty @ May 9, 2013 -> 08:08 PM) Anyone else looking forward to The World's End? The last film of Edgar Wright's trilogy with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. This movie is about a bar crawl. Along with so much more. I have been waiting for this one for a couple years now. Seek it out. Caulfield have you seen Dead Man's Shoes with Paddy Considine? Lesser known to many, but he is a damn fine actor. He collaborates with Shane Meadows often... you may know of This Is England. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419677/reference I'm really looking forward to worlds end, the preview is hilarious
  9. Kyyle23 replied to cabiness42's topic in SLaM
  10. Paradise Lost was one that I really struggled with in College. It was odd though, I really liked parts of it. But I would just get so bored at other parts and wanted to put it down and walk away
  11. QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 9, 2013 -> 07:05 PM) Weird to think I would forget details of a book we were assigned to read back in High School.... well if Spark notes included those details I am sure you would have remembered
  12. QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 9, 2013 -> 05:43 PM) Ah god, poor guy. Having a niece and nephew who are mentally handicapped, I worry they will get in to situations where they are too misunderstood as well. Well, Lenny killed a girl. So, it wasnt that he was all that misunderstood as much as he was without George's supervision Spark notes should include that part
  13. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 9, 2013 -> 03:55 PM) I thought I read somewhere that he hasn't even graduated from school yet because they haven't had their finals? Might be a reason for the delay. He cannot start minicamps and OTAs until Oregon completes their finals, which is in June.
  14. I really liked Flowers for Algernon when I first read it. I liked the old movie too. Was it a placebo, or was it a real surgery?
  15. QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 9, 2013 -> 02:35 PM) It would be the same as resuming a game suspended by rain. Lineups remain the same. Any pitchers/players who had already been removed from the game are still ineligible to return. yep, thats what they did in the George Brett pine tar game. started it at that point, everything stays the same
  16. I never used Cliff notes. All of our teachers would make tests that you would fail if you used cliff notes, specific things in the books that the cliff notes would gloss over. There was really no point. And besides, by the time I had hit sophomore year, I had already read 1984, Animal Farm, of Mice and Men, The Great Gatsby, Flowers for Algernon etc. multiple times. I read the first three 7 years in a row starting in 6th grade.
  17. QUOTE (iamshack @ May 9, 2013 -> 02:27 PM) Did you forget the other one already? LOL
  18. QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 9, 2013 -> 02:01 PM) http://www.suntimes.com/sports/18388493-41...w-to-relax.html What more do you want ..............I am growing tired of your make things up one liner rhetoric..............this is the second time you have used this in a reply lately. I said KW has veto power and he does. "His duties are bigger picture now. He still oversees every aspect of what the Sox do, but he deals less with the minutiae. Hahn and his staff can come to Williams for guidance or approval. Williams says he does retain ‘‘some’’ veto power. He said he could envision a scenario in which he would veto a trade." You are basically calling Hahn a puppet, which he is not. And only rhetoric is your constant negativity towards everything white sox, even when things are going good. In the form of one liners.
  19. QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 9, 2013 -> 01:16 PM) Andrew got banned for this?? Booooooooooooooo. He didnt get banned. Cant imagine why anyone would have a problem with time off considering how many people he insulted in that short span of posts
  20. I dont know if I could hatef*** someone knowing that i will leave smelling of picklejuice and shame
  21. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 9, 2013 -> 08:00 AM) 4 posts for a winner thread? Welcome to Soxtalk!
  22. QUOTE (Brian @ May 9, 2013 -> 07:29 AM) As ridiculous as the officiating seemed to be, hard for me to linger on it too much when you lose by 40. If the Bulls lost by like 5, then I wouldve been more frustrated by it. the thing is, it pretty much guaranteed a blowout. the refereeing got so out of hand early that the Bulls trotted out a lineup of marco-teague-nazr-cook-gibson early in the 2nd quarter. The Heat did nothing but bully tactics and cheap shots and got away with it. THe bulls pretty much had no chance to win this game.
  23. QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 9, 2013 -> 06:23 AM) KW has VETO power over anything Hahn wants to do so in reality KW is still the GM without taking the heat on a daily basis. You just make things up for bad one liners.
  24. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 8, 2013 -> 09:51 PM) So the whole difference is Weaver's out and Santana is gone? Has to be more to it than that. Or Hamilton's piss-poor start. Why are you completely missing the fact that this team has not been playoff worthy for quite a while? It isn't one player, it is the team
  25. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 8, 2013 -> 09:20 PM) Interesting situation. They don't have the pitching (Weaver's out), the bullpen's nothing like it was in the heyday of Shields/K-Rod, but when you have that kind of payroll, something better than 11 games under .500 is rightfully expected. Can losing Torii Hunter's leadership hurt THAT much? What exactly did Torii Hunters leadership get them? They spent big last offseason too and still werent a playoff team.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.