Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. I would think Sale-Peavy-Quintana-Floyd-Danks/Santiago
  2. QUOTE (Tex @ Mar 17, 2013 -> 08:24 PM) I applaud the verdict. I understand and agree that victims can be too drunk to consent, therefor are not responsible for their actions. Should we also have some compassion for people who are too drunk to understand the implications of their actions? No
  3. I would rather watch the Yankees wallow in the cellar in their high priced misery. Besides, I am still sore at them for the paltry return they gave for Swisher. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 17, 2013 -> 08:12 PM) The same as trading Ramirez. Season over. And the fact is, the Yankees want nothing to do with Dunn long-term, either. They've already got to pay A-Rod and TEX a boatload of money. Mostly importantly, they have Boesch, Granderson, Gardner, Ichiro and Travis Hafner to give AB's to still. There's plenty of LH bats in there. They would only be on the hook for him for another 2 years, that isnt really long term. But again, F*** the yankees. Let them pay the luxury tax on last place.
  4. Kyyle23 replied to cabiness42's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 17, 2013 -> 06:28 PM) Watched 21 Jump Street last night. Pretty funny. Really dug the cameo by the original duo. The one guy pulled off his disguise and I thought, "Oh wait a minute, that's Johnny Depp." That means I saw three movies in the past week (Chasing Amy, Mississippi Burning and 21 Jump Street) for the first time. That's a lot for me. Holly Robinson was the cop that gave them their car
  5. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/highschool--s...dGlvbnM-;_ylv=3 Yea this states they have to register as sex offenders
  6. QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 17, 2013 -> 12:11 PM) I don't blame the girl at all in all of this, but it seems like young people don't know how to drink. The goal shouldn't be to get black out drunk. Bad things happen. Cautionary tale. Kids are dumb. I certainly didnt know the difference between moderation and blackout drunk when I was 16
  7. Have to wonder if there is an additional investigation into the coverup
  8. The way I look at it is this, there is no way in hell BHawks/Avs should be bumped in favor of the Bulls
  9. Cowley, reporting from moms basement There is nothing to see here, I repeat, nothing to see
  10. QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 16, 2013 -> 04:58 PM) Not good results for Sale today, but he was close to 90 pitches. Two more spring starts. Maybe he was working on a specific pitch
  11. QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 16, 2013 -> 04:53 PM) Prediction: by the time this year is over, Javier Baez will be the top hitting prospect in baseball. fathom, predicting greatness from the Cubs? You dont say??!?
  12. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 16, 2013 -> 10:18 AM) If it doesn't involve disemboweling, it's not enough... Anyway, now I have to find a bar for Monday with the full NBA package. Suddenly night has become more difficult. And I'm already using up all my red shirts on IU games! Well at least Steve didn't buy a billboard this time
  13. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 16, 2013 -> 10:06 AM) He also has a running game now though. That said, a regression from 36 receptions and 366 yards is fairly difficult to do. I think the question isn't "will he regress". I think the question is "will he remain healthy?" The last few years have not been kind to Jennings, a lot of nagging injuries. 8 games(or more) on that turf isn't going to make it better
  14. Does the board at flapship convene and force Steve out if he is wrong?
  15. Steve is suffering from lack of oxygen to the brain as a result of going from six to midnight so quickly
  16. Golden St sleeved uniforms are hideous
  17. QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 09:00 PM) For those who care about PFF, Roach wasn't looked upon fondly by them -- on the other hand, Urlacher last year was rated HORRIBLY. Might have been the worst rated player on the defense IIRC. Roach was closer to a neutral impact. Right, IMO he is just a guy, not someone you should be slotting in to replace Urlacher. It's starting to look like this draft will be reloading the LB corps
  18. QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 08:18 PM) I think it will be a tight race, but I have us winning the division at 90-73. So, winning the division in a 1 game playoff?
  19. QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 07:55 PM) For what its worth when he took over last year he was on a pace for 114 tackles over a full season vs the 90 Urlacher was on pace for. In Lovies defense the MLB makes a lot of tackles, it is what it is. He was a decent player but just a guy. It's kind of sad that you are comparing his production to a one legged Urlacher as if that is a good thing.
  20. Roach is just a guy, nothing to get worked up over. Certainly not someone to think of as Urlachers replacement
  21. QUOTE (Marty34 @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 05:36 PM) A team would rather pay Drew $9.5M than trade for Ramirez and pay him $27M. That is assuming that the White Sox attempted to trade him to the Red Sox and the Red Sox said no and then went on to sign Drew. That is quite a leap in logic. Just because you want the White Sox to trade Ramirez does not mean the White Sox want to trade Ramirez.
  22. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 04:13 PM) Some guys have that swing though. Dayan is best when he is doing it. well, when pitchers arent busting him inside
  23. QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 02:25 PM) "Tanks" coming to the plate He is so awesome, he is plural
  24. QUOTE (BFirebird @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 01:38 PM) It is scary that we are all optimistic.....I am now feeling less optimistic. I had chosen 85-88, but I think they could hit 90 if healthy. I think they will keep it close and maybe snag a WC spot. It is still a very young thread......
  25. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 12:48 PM) Right now, the new 3D Mario platformer and Mario Kart game will make or break them IMO. They can't just be rehashes like 2D Mario sequels become. They need new and unique features that blow people away, sort of like Mario Galaxy did when it first came out. The problem is that those games probably won't come out until the fall or holidays. At that point the Xbox 720 & PS4 will be right around the corner and you'll have a hard time convincing people to buy a Wii U. They need some big games soon and I just don't see them. The games you mentioned may all be solid, but I don't expect any of them to big sellers or move systems. Hopefully they have surprises at E3, because god only knows that all their studios are working on. Retro Studios in particular better have a big announcement. Really though, how many times has this been said about Nintendo? They just keep plugging along, making sales. I make no excuses, I love Nintendo games. I grew up on Mario, Zelda, Metroid. Those are the games I want to play, I appreciate them, all iterations(except maybe Metroid Other M). I said a few months ago, I think Nintendo and Sony and XBox are all kind of doing their own thing anymore. They compete with each other, but Nintendo just does not give a s*** about what those two do, for good or bad. Another game just announced is that Pokemon Rumble WiiU game, that makes use of figurines like Skylanders, except you dont have to get that little pad to set them on, they make use of the NFC connection in the gamepad. Pokemon usually is a big win for Nintendo, they do very well with those games. But the there is no way around it, this launch has been extremely dissapointing in the game department.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.