Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 02:53 PM) My Dad is a big fan of everything St. Louis, so I've been there a thousand times. Residents don't care about Chicago and don't compare St. Louis to anything. They know what they are and they love it. We go down there every 4th of July for a game, to gamble, and to have a good time... and St. Louis can definitely be a good time. That being said, I've also seen a Bears/Rams game in St. Louis, and it's the most bored I've ever been... and the Bears dominated 27-3. It felt like watching a football game in someone's basement. That dome is horrendous, and the area of the city it's in is even worse. In fact, someone was murdered at the Holiday Inn we stayed at for that game just last year. Great baseball city (and stadium), ok hockey city, bad football city. However, good for the Rams. The old man is stoked as he's a big Fischer fan. Hopefully they figure something out as things continue to get worse year in and year out... I lived in Carbondale for 8 years, and I have been to St Louis countless times as well, I respectfully disagree The Landing is badass. It sucks that Mississippi Nights closed
  2. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 01:32 PM) Other than having to live in St. Louis, it seemed like a pretty easy choice. St Louis can be a fun town, it isnt as bad as people make it out to be. The problem is the residents think it is as good as if not better than Chicago, which is wrong
  3. QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 08:25 AM) All I can think of in this situation is Mumbles from Dick Tracy. Anyone remember? I watched Dick Tracy last night! bgbyddit bgbyddit I love that part, and when Mumbles straightens his mouth and talks normal. Really, I forgot how much i like that movie
  4. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    I dont know if any of you have seen commercials for the new "found footage" movie Chronicle, but I think this might be a sleeper. 3 teenagers acquire superpowers and start to videotape themselves learning how to deal with the power, and one of them goes pretty bad.
  5. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 10:16 AM) Least Surprising News Ever Paula Deen has diabeetus. You know how you fix that right up right? Fry it in butter and sugar. It will be just great dontchaknow?
  6. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 10:06 AM) No disrespect to this post, but Carmelo Anthony only played 19 minutes and is hobbled by two rather serious injuries right now. And Amar'e?
  7. QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 09:57 AM) They are absolutely awful to watch as well, unless you get off watching iso after iso. I just watched the "highlights" of the game vs the grizzlies, and every highlight is the grizz grabbing a rebound and flying to the other end of the court while the knicks just jog behind. No effort whatsoever. It is very telling with that team when Bill Walker is considered by ESPN to be the knicks mvp of the game. No disrespect to Walker, but that team has Melo and Amare.
  8. I am taking great pleasure in the total mediocrity of the New York Knicks
  9. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 08:02 AM) Were there signs that Schmidt was gonna suddenly get injured? He was 34 and decreased a bit from his peak, but he was still an All-Star in 2006. When the signing happened, I don't think they could have predicted he would only pitch 42 innings at a 6 ERA clip in 3 years. Schmidt was a max effort guy, and he threw upper 90s at his peak. Once that upper 90s cheese disappeared, he was just a guy, and those fastballs that ate up the inside of the plate because meatballs that left the yard
  10. So my Directv interface changed to a slick new look with mostly black and a little bit of blue in the background, and seems to be working much faster. I dont know what it was about the reciever but the last couple months the guide was slow as f***, and I changed the batteries in the remote to make sure it wasnt the remote. Hopefully whatever they did speeds it up a little bit
  11. http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/...lls-joakim-noah Scoop Jackson taking Joakim to task
  12. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 11:51 AM) This would be way past the Bills. There were no hired guns in Buffalo. Wade/LBJ/Bosh not winning a title would be legendary bad with all of the hype and ego that went into that team. Im pretty much referring to the fact that they would be multiple time also-rans, thats all.
  13. QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 11:52 AM) I'm assuming as the "passing coordinator"? Didn't Olson work for us before? yep, QB coach under Jauron
  14. I think Lebron just assumes he will get a championship now, because of the situation he is in. I don't think that he works out less or anything like that, but I don't know that he has that one man "I'm the chosen" drive that he had in Cleveland. He may be right, or he may have become part of the nba buffalo bills. If he ever decides it is time and puts all of his energy towards it, he will probably get it.
  15. QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 09:10 AM) How can any of you blame ESPN, honestly? We've got the Bears in the midst of hiring a new GM, which is a huge decision, and look where the discussion in this thread has been this week. Tebow is a polarizing figure and he "moves the dial," including in this thread. What do you expect ESPN to do? The thing about it that I hate is that ESPN is putting him on the dial. Deadspin took a 1 hour segment of Sportscenter last month and broke it down into each time they said his name, they said Tebow 88 times in one hour. That isnt the kid generating interest, that is them forcing him down our throat. It is true, he has surprised a lot of us by being a part of the Denver turnaround, but like we all have been saying the Denver D is a much bigger part than Tebow. I just want it to be reduced by 150 percent so I can see that there are other quarterbacks in the league doing much more awesome things. Like Brees and Rodgers
  16. "The Clips can't contend with Vinny Del Negro. He's a strategic abomination. It's unbelievable. Maybe the worst game coach I have ever seen." tweet from Bill Simmons a few minutes ago
  17. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 08:08 AM) Yeah, when Boozer's Rainbow is on, he's great because we can effectively run the Pick & Pop. We can run the Pick & Roll because of Noah, which is fine if Noah was getting his 13 hustle points, but he's not. Gibson thinks he's become Boozer and can make that shot. Asik did some random/cool post moves yesterday, but that sure as hell won't last. I dont know about that. He shows little flashes here and there of a good post game, and I think all he lacks is confidence in it. I still think Omer has room to grow with the Bulls, his defense is already superb, if he gets an average offense to go with it the Bulls should be thrilled.
  18. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 08:57 AM) The NY Daily News is feeding the Anti-Sanchize, trade for Peyton movement pretty heavy here, with tons of "Off the record" quotes ripping Sanchez. Yeah, they started the the undercurrent about a month ago, now it is becoming a full on tidal wave. Personally I think they need to tell Rex to STFU a little more often and stop making gaurantees and boasts. It has done nothing but make him and the team look bad and puts undo pressure on the team.
  19. QUOTE (danman31 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 05:44 PM) People already don't like Kelly? Surely he's done OK. His coaching has been on par with his predecessors, but things not W-L related have put him in a bad spot with ND fans. The kids death at practice, the girls suicide after she was supposedly raped by a player(nothing proved), his sideline demeanor and foul language being caught on camera constantly. Kelly has had a rough go his first few seasons. I also think the fanbase does not like his little quarterback rotation game either.
  20. Alright, let's stop feeding the troll. Its just ridiculous now
  21. QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 05:11 PM) Packers D is 2nd to last.. Packers D is a league leader in takeaways. They also are 15-1. Just in case you forgot
  22. QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 05:01 PM) still waiting on 2 great teams that Saints beat on the road this season When the Saints beat the 49ers this weekend they still will not have beaten a great team on the road. There are a lot of very good teams in the NFL, don't know that there are any great teams. Green Bays offense is great, their defense is merely good. Patriots also have a great offense but their D is s***. Keep up with your hypotheticals though.
  23. QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 04:23 PM) Cool. I will put up a Saints pic if the 49ers lose and you will put up a Lebron pic if you lose AND you will call the 49ers trash
  24. QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 12:58 PM) I would have fired him for that trade alone. Just awful. The Raiders were careless with trading of first round picks long before Jackson showed up. I think people just accepted it as commonplace in the Raiders FO before McKenzie arrived

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.