Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 10:39 AM) Not until he realizes that he's not a superstar and accepts his role on the team. The problem with Beasley is the ball basically stops every time it gets to him in the offense, which is alright (although not ideal) if it's a superstar, but when it's Michael Beasley you have some problems. He doesn't shoot at a high enough percentage to justify taking as many shots as he does (especially since he loves to take really long 2s, which are one of the worst shots in basketball) and doesn't get to the line anywhere near enough. He loves to iso, but isn't anywhere near good enough to pull it off. Really, there's no excuse for the offense not to be run through Rubio and Love at this point. Rubio has done an outstanding job finding the open man on the perimeter so far, especially in pick & roll situations, while Love has developed his three-point shot even more over the offseason, making him a rather deadly shooter (.596 TS% this year). Love was even nailing step back threes against Dallas yesterday, which could end up being huge for his offensive development. Yeah I knew Beasley was a black hole in the offense since he came into the NBA, I was curious if he had made any attempts to fix this, apparently not lol. Wasn't he more of a banger and inside presence in college? Or was that because the competition wasn't nearly the same and now he is facing grown men instead of redshirt and true freshmen?
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 10:30 AM) shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Do you think Beasley is going to take a step forward this season?
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 01:48 AM) BTW, Aaron Rodgers, clearly a system quarterback, clearly. LOL, him and Gronkowski are nothing but system players
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
Looks like Cousins is closer to his Artest moment than I originally thought. 5 games into the season and Westphal is already telling him to stay home.
-
2012 Films Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 11:02 AM) You left one out. This failure will be Avenged. TDKR, The Avengers, Prometheus, Total Recall, The Hobbit. Im really looking forward to this summer
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 12:37 PM) What happened? And if the Bears are losing, isn't that a good thing? He just forgot how to return kicks. I don't like to watch it
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 12:03 PM) Lebron James is engaged. To his baby mama? I know he pissed her off bigtime last year when he talked about her like she was just one of his friends, lol
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
Someone please f***ing bench Hester!!!!!!
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 02:29 AM) That's like saying that Luol Deng isn't black because he's from Africa. Canadians and Germans are some of the whitest people around. I am fairly sure that was 100% sarcasm from Felix
-
MMA Thread
Overeem over Lesnar. Lesnar retires
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
Deandre Jordan reminds me of Josh Smith. Blocks and dunks
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
These refs are s***ty. Late whistles and bad calls both ways. Both teams should complain
-
2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 30, 2011 -> 03:06 PM) I will always support this, but there is NO reason Diamond Taylor should not be starting every game unless he is in trouble, which could easily be the case. CLO loves JUCOs I guess. the crazy thing is that SIU has talent. This isnt the JUCO crap they rolled out last year, Setty, Daniels, Swan, Taylor, Drinkard, and Whitt could all end up being pretty good players. But not under Lowery, he cannot coach out of a paper bag and thinks that every team he coaches can be coached the same as the 2007 squad. One person on salukitalk put it best, Lowery thinks he can tear kids down and build them back up to the mold of what he wants. He can tear them down no problem(it is what he is currently doing to Taylor, and what he did to the entire squad last season), but he has no idea how to build them back up. So he gets more frustrated with them, and vice versa, and then the kids take off or get arrested and get booted from the team. It really sucks watching what is happening. And it sucks even more that SIU finally made the committment to the facilities and such, only to have Lowery ruin every iota of momentum that the program had.
-
2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 30, 2011 -> 01:56 PM) Free Diamond Taylor Free SIU from Lowery
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 30, 2011 -> 10:02 AM) Watching the game I was prepared to change Hamiltons nickname to 2 Short for his jumper, but then i saw he was shooting 50% from the field. I'm sort of fascinated by this season and I just wanted to comment on one more hypothesis. Usually the presesason is a time for the players to get acclimated to how the refs are planning to call things this season. The bulls are a physical d and are getting a lot of fouls called which I think is due to a combination of 1) this lack of playing with NBA refs and 2) lack of discipline from the time off. I was excited to see Fredette play and I liked some things but boy is he going to be a turnstile on defense. But I don't catch Sac Kings game a lot, and after watching it I have to say that is one incredibly unlikeable team.There is 1 thing i'm nervous about so far. Our guards are getting really played with on defense. Thibs has to sure this up soon. I told a friend last night that I believe Cousins is going to have a Ron Artest moment in the NBA before all is said and done. Fredette is a good open shooter, but anytime the Bulls crowded him he was worthless.
-
Catch All Anything Thread
QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 29, 2011 -> 03:42 PM) I highly recommend a YouTube video titled "Fenton the dog." I think it is "Benton". But anyway it is said, it cracks me up. That is a great "fly on the wall" recording.
-
(Insert Celeb Here) is Dead
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 28, 2011 -> 02:35 PM) Holy s***. I had no idea chimpanzees lived so long. They really dont, Cheetah was a bigtime exception. From what I read, normal Chimps lifespan is 25-35 years in the wild, and 35-45 years in captivity. Cheetah blew past all of that
-
Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread
Notre Dame FAIL. Brian Kelly seems to be well on his way to chasing away more QBs, he was lighting up Rees and Hendrix throughout the entire second half collapse.
-
2011 Video Game Catch-All Thread
http://penny-arcade.com/resources/just-wow1.html http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/the-in...cean-marketing/ This is why you dont f*** with The Internets
-
Catch All Anything Thread
- Official Squared Circle Thread
QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 28, 2011 -> 01:08 PM) I read he suffered a back injury . Not sure if I needed to put up the spoiler barrier (since it happened at a taping), so err on the side of caution, I suppose. Meh, it is smackdown. The results are already posted- Official Squared Circle Thread
QUOTE (kev211 @ Dec 28, 2011 -> 12:38 PM) Randy Orton out 6ish months with injury. it would be hilarious if he broke his hand/knuckles while pounding the ground and waiting for his opponent to get up for the RKO- Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Dec 28, 2011 -> 12:38 PM) T Owens wants to play for the 49ers.. The 49ers will WIN the NFC. I fail to see what one has to do with the other, but Ok- Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 28, 2011 -> 10:36 AM) Mizzou's first SEC slate: September 8: Georgia September 22: at South Carolina October 6: Vanderbilt October 13: Alabama October 27: Kentucky November 3: at Florida November 10: at Tennessee November 24: at Texas A&M welcome to thunderdome- Christmas Present List
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 28, 2011 -> 09:18 AM) BULLS TICKETS!!!! AdiZeros for my basketball league... black/red. They are awesome. Cash - going toward a Nook Tablet (wife got Kindle Fire, so I'll go with this). NBA 2k12 Happy times. give it all back. you didnt want presents anyways, you wanted memories - Official Squared Circle Thread