Christmas Present List

WilliamTell

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My parents are helping us with the cost of flying down to NC to visit them the week after Christmas, so that's a pretty awesome present. Christmas time, being with the family, has always been one of my favorite times of the year. This year will be extra special as we get to have two Christmases, one with my wife's family and one with mine.

Being greedy though, I'd love an iPad and/or the iPhone 4S.

I want an Aaron Rodgers jersey, but my wife wants to "surprise me" instead of getting what I specifically want. Silly women think we need to be surprised. Various vinyl records, maybe a $79 Kindle, but that's not a must. My Mom and Dad will score me the vinyl. My mother-in-law alternates between something cool or something I can use or something I don't want at all. Might be the latter this year.

On the flipside, I'm more looking forward to watching my son open his gifts. He's almost 2, so he might understand the fun of getting presents and opening them. He went crazy over a toy he saw last weekend at the store, so I went back and got it for him today. I've actually had to restrain myself from buying him more stuff. He's gonna go crazy when he sees his fire trucks and "big trucks" and his first big wheel. Awesome.

As a college grad (in 5 days), my list looks much different than it usually has. I'd like to add another suit to my collection, since I'm a broadcaster and more dress clothes in general. I like to thing I have a pretty incredible collection of ties for a 22 year old. A nice watch wouldn't be bad. Some re-ups on my favorite colognes.

Other than that, I can't really think of anything. The ESPN 30 for 30 collection on Blu Ray would be neat. Being home for Christmas (mine is on JAN 7) for the first time in a while and knowing I won't have to go back to school in general will be a new feeling.

I wish that xmas were less about gifts and tradition and more about having a great time with family. I've tried three straight years to get everyone to ditch presents (save for the young ones, of course) and use that money on a sweet ass vacation to start making some real memories.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 08:39 AM)
I wish that xmas were less about gifts and tradition and more about having a great time with family. I've tried three straight years to get everyone to ditch presents (save for the young ones, of course) and use that money on a sweet ass vacation to start making some real memories.

We did that the year before we had kids. Great times.

In my family we only buy for my sis 2 kids, otherwise we don't get gifts for adults. My "wife" and I exchange gifts.. but with a limit, nothing that would cost a vacation.

Make the Fantasy Football playoffs!

Seriously though, I've only asked for money the last few years because I've been so damn poor but I've been working a decent job the last few months and just got a great job offer today which I'll be starting next week so I really don't have much to ask for right now, life is good.

QUOTE (SnB @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 08:27 AM)
New electric razor

Batman Arkham City

An illini pullover

Walking dead comics

New headphones

random golf stuff

oh and alcohol is always appreciated

I'm not sure if that's the list of a 25 year old or a 15 year old.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 09:23 PM)
Make the Fantasy Football playoffs!

Seriously though, I've only asked for money the last few years because I've been so damn poor but I've been working a decent job the last few months and just got a great job offer today which I'll be starting next week so I really don't have much to ask for right now, life is good.

:mellow:

Bunch of spoiled brats...

Anyways, I shouldn't be spending so much since I went back to (grad) school, but I'm addicted to slickdeals, and my lil 8-year-old brother wanted an XBox and FIFA 12 this year since he loves soccer, so I went all out and, since he really is a great kid, got him the XBox since the sales for it were good this season.

Then, I went overboard with the games...my thinking is that my other brother and me will get to play it too, and they were all on sale.

So I got:

Gears of War Triple Pack for $8 from Best Buy

Bioshock 2 Special Edition (big-*$# box, by the way) for $10 from Best Buy

Halo Reach Limited Edition for $15 at Best Buy

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY for $15 from newegg

Modern Warfare 2 for $20 from amazon

NBA2K11 for $20 from amazon

FIFA12 for $20 at Kmart

wireless controller for $30 from amazon

and 2 3-month live cards for $8 each from Best Buy

7 games for $108 wooooo

I can't wait to see him open them, along with his Nerf Vortex Nitron or somethin' like that. That'll be my Xmas joy...along with playing the "mature" games lol

As for me, I'm a grown-ass man. I can't really recall getting a single significant gift in the past 10 years at least, other than t-shirts and sweaters and gift cards and money. My family for the most part only gives big gifts to the kids. Some years I'll just splurge and buy myself something I wouldn't normally buy.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 04:22 PM)
In my family we only buy for my sis 2 kids, otherwise we don't get gifts for adults. My "wife" and I exchange gifts.. but with a limit, nothing that would cost a vacation.

My wife and I used to exchange gifts, but once we had kids it was all about them. Every once in a while we'll buy something for the house (or like last year iPhones) as our "gift". As far as relatives, we buy presents for her parents and mine.

I am basically buying for everyone. We have secret santas with immediate family (both my side and my in-laws), and cousins. Then I have to buy for two nephews and a niece (which was the only enjoyable shopping I did. I really miss Toys-R-Us). Plus parents, aunts and uncles on each side. It's totally ridiculous.

These people aren't young so buying stuff sucks. It's an annual exchange of gift cards.

All of these have spending limits but the volume of purchases adds up.

/rant