Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
Rosenthal: "Danks will go"
QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 10:32 AM) You don't undervalue your players anymore than you should over value them. But, if the alternative is to just give them away because of their arbitration or free agent status then I would rather keep them and give it our best shot to compete. If some team wants Danks or Floyd or anyone bad enough then waiting for the right offer is the right way to go. If we aren't going to compete then the desperation moves should be by those that think they can compete and need that one more piece. This could go on till spring training Please, show me anyone that wants the Sox to get less value for Danks and Floyd then what you deem to be appropriate. Giving it our best shot to compete, that is just ridiculous. This team is halfway through the teardown stage, keeping Danks and Quentin around when their arb numbers are inflating just because is going to hurt the team in the longrun. But of course, trade Dunn and Rios to someone. That is the way to go
-
Rosenthal: "Danks will go"
QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 09:16 AM) Based on some of the comments about our players I am always surprised on how little we apparently value our own players. Maybe we should just ask for some used balls and bats in return. No, you just want Dunn and Rios to be traded and keep everyone you like. As we have said a million billion trillion times, it isnt really possible.
-
Rosenthal: "Danks will go"
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 09:13 AM) Although it might be nice to do so...if they're going to put a solid offer on the table for Danks, we aren't in a position to be jerks out of spite, we need the solid offer too much. Nah, I dont mind KW taking a hardline on Rizzo. It isnt as if the Nats are the only team that would like Danks
-
Rosenthal: "Danks will go"
QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 09:06 AM) Kenny should demand Strasburg and Harper just to give Rizzo a giant F-U. Ha, I was thinking the same thing. If I were Kenny I would absolutely flip the table on Rizzo and treat him the same way
-
2012 AL Central Catch-All thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 12:00 PM) They seemed to be OK with Thome. Hard to really compare those two. Willingham is going to be an everyday starter, not a sometime DH. Plus, Thome is one of the greatest power hitters of his generation, even into the twilight of his career. Willingham is a good power hitter, but he seemingly wont have the luxury that Thome had with Kubel and Cuddyer in the lineup picking him up when he slumps. Willingham whiffed 150 times last year, thats a lot of wasted opportunities, and the Twins org doesnt really like to waste any opportunities. I could be wrong, he could have a Hardy revival
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 06:14 AM) So you're saying other teams are going to focus on Rose, that's going to leave Rip alone. He'll be able to find an open spot. As long as his body holds up, he'll help the Bulls as much as Crawford if not more in the playoffs because he will play defense. Crawford can score, but he can give it right back on the other end. My only concern is physical. Crawford stands a better chance of holding up IMO. Plus that mask Rip wears bugs me. I am pretty sure he does that because his nose has been broken so many times that he has to wear it or some serious damage could be done
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
How the hell did the Jaguars win any games
-
2011 Films Thread
- NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 05:08 PM) Wrong again. I said you don't win with a superstar and "blah." Blah being a bunch of roleplayers for the most part. Kyle brought up Dallas. I countered with Kidd. He's much, much more than a roleplayer. If you don't agree, well, I don't care. You are totally going against your first point though and you cant admit it. Your first point was teams cannot win with 1 superstar. Dallas did. Kidd, no matter how you want to try and paint him as more than just a roleplayer, is not a superstar. 1 Superstar. Dirk. Thats it. And on the Bulls, Deng Noah and Boozer are more than this lowly roleplayer role you love to slap over the entire Bulls roster save Rose. They might not be superstars, but they arent as bad as you are trying to paint them to make your argument because you are pissed the Bulls didnt land the big fish in the offseason.- NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 04:18 PM) Jason Kidd runs the offense, defends elite 1's AND 2's, rebounds better than just about any PG and has developed a nasty 3-point shot. Even if he's not a superstar, he's a lot more than a roleplayer. LMAO ARE YOU SERIOUS??!?!!? Jason Kidd has never defended anyone. Ever And I didnt call him a roleplayer, you did since you think everyone besides Rose is a roleplayer on the Bulls. Your definition, not mine This is like arguing with Skip Bayless, I look forward to whatever you write next because this is seriously hilarious.- NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 04:11 PM) Please tell me you don't classify Jason Kidd as a roleplayer? He's the second best PG of the last 25 years. He hasnt been a superstar for about 4 years now, he is 38 years old for chrissakes. GMAFB, Barrea was taking a ton of his minutes in the playoffs and finals too. Dirk carried them to that ring, dont you try and spin that. You just keep changing your argument, but nobody is surprised, thats what you do.- NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 04:07 PM) Well, I'm not going to try and dig for positives just because he's here. That's what homers do. If the White Sox sign Yuniesky Betancourt, I'm not going to kill myself to try to make a positive out of it. That would just be awful. And I feel like a team that overachieved and got as close as they did, for Hamilton to be your lone "upgrade," yeah, I'm not feeling that. We saw what happened to LeBron in Cleveland. We see what's happening to Dwight in Orlando. One superstar and blah does not win you titles. Except last year. In Dallas. Of course.- NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 03:25 PM) lol. Why are you laughing? You even admitted that you didn't want him, but now that he's here, you'll try to make yourself like it. There's a reason guys Vince Carter keep bouncing from team to team. He was good a LONG time ago. He's not anymore. Same thing with Hamilton. Except for the part where Rip didnt bounce from team to team to team. But yea, exactly the same- Cowley: Bridges need to be rebuilt.
QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 02:46 PM) Cowley likes me..... thats cuz you guys are brahs- NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 02:59 PM) Yeah, well, I'm not feeling too good about Hamilton guarding Wade in a playoff series. Even for a little while. we know, we know, the bulls will regress and everyone else will get better- Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 02:03 PM) The biggest (busted) drug dealer in professional sports history... from my very own Northern Illinois University. No way. Nate Newton my friend. Hurd was trying to buy a large amount. Newton HAD large amounts(231 lbs and 175 lbs), twice was busted trying to drive them to dealers- 2011 Films Thread
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 01:46 PM) Is there a trailer for Prometheus? If there is I havent seen it yet- 2011 Films Thread
Very excited for this too. i love how the poster reminds me of the original alien poster with the egg opening- 2011 Films Thread
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 12:28 PM) For me, some movies are fine in subs because you forget about them. I've watched Brotherhood of the Wolf both dubbed and with subs and I forgot about both about 20 min into it. I actually feel the same way about a few movies. I was watching Pans Labrynth on HBOLatin and for about a half hour I couldnt figure out what was different, then i realized there was no subtitles. I dont understand spanish but I understood what was being said for the most part.- NBA Offseason Thread
Crawford to the Blazers.- 2012 AL Central Catch-All thread
Willingham is the anti-twins player. Good power, but man does he ever strike out too much. I dont know how that will sit with them- 2011 Films Thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 11:46 AM) I was always confused as to why they remade that in general. It had a pretty wide release in US. I loved Let the right one in, but I"m not going to watch it twice. I heard they did change some things in the US version however. some people cant handle subtitles, lol. They remade it to make more money, thats all- Cowley: Bridges need to be rebuilt.
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 11:35 AM) He did lol- NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 11:39 AM) Bulls' first exhibition game is on WGN tomorrow night. F*ck yeah! CANT WAIT! /Bartscott- Cowley: Bridges need to be rebuilt.
QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 11:27 AM) But, shouldn't a reporter just rip on the White Sox Scape goat, like the board does? That is what Cowley does, what is your point - NBA Offseason Thread