Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
A comparison of the Twins' and White Sox best offensive combinatio
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 11:33 AM) With Jim Thome plugged in for Andruw Jones, the White Sox go from 800 runs scored to 843. Essentially, if Thome is playing everyday, he adds 39 runs to the Twins' line-up and 43 runs to the White Sox line-up. Net shift, 82 to the Twins. I didn't do the numbers swapping out Dye for Pierre, but I bet they'd be pretty close to 900. well then, I guess this estimate has a few problems
-
A comparison of the Twins' and White Sox best offensive combinatio
QUOTE (chunk23 @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 11:26 AM) Yeah, if we can't completely close the gap, we might as well stand pat and count on bounce back years from half the lineup. Or we could whine about a player that was never going to be more than a part time player. Thats much better. And sure, KW stood pat all offseason, thats exactly what he did. One thing is always for sure on soxtalk, the grass is always greener on the other side.
-
A comparison of the Twins' and White Sox best offensive combinatio
Im just wondering, if Thome is taken out of the Twins lineup and put in the Sox, do those numbers completely reverse? I mean, if the point is that losing Thome accounts for a 131 run differential....
-
A comparison of the Twins' and White Sox best offensive combinatio
Well the season is over now. Paper says so
-
SN: Sox Say No to Jim Thome
While it stings a little bit that Thome went to the Twins, I dont think Thome is going to be the difference between the Sox and Twins this year. He is considered to be a bench player for them, just as he was to be(in our minds)for the Sox, and I am not going to worry about the eventual homerun he hits vs the Sox(mostly because he has already hit a ton of them vs the Sox), because a bench player does not change a season for many teams. Like many people have said, the onus is on Ozzie this time, he asked for this type of team and he got it. he has his speedy leadoff hitter(even if he is in decline) and he has his versatile bench. If Ozzie is as dumb as many people think he is on this site, it will be a fail, and KW will not do this again. If Ozzie is as smart as few people on this site think he is, the Sox will surprise many and compete from day 1. I am of the belief that Ozzie is much smarter than people believe, but I am not going to argue my opinion with anyone, you have your right to yours as I do to mine.
-
I'm Prepared to get flamed
QUOTE (b-Rye @ Jan 26, 2010 -> 04:21 PM) Sox don't need Fuk. i see what you did there
- Happy birthday to...
-
Video Game Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 26, 2010 -> 03:07 PM) Gross. lol, its a sequel to a NES or SNES game.
-
Video Game Catch-All Thread
almagest, thank you so much for convincing me to get Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New Age. I love those games. I got A Boy and His Blob, and The Conduit this weekend too. Im enjoyng all three games
-
Films Thread
Isnt there an additional 100 pictures at the end of the movie in the unrated version?
-
The Jim Thome Saga Ends
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jan 26, 2010 -> 11:34 AM) He had knees back then too. I think it has always been Kotsays back, not his knees
-
Internet Warriors
Ok, JimH has gotten enough of our responses and attention for now(and I shouldnt of participated admittedly). The only way a troll wont bother you is if you dont look under the bridge All Done
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 25, 2010 -> 10:08 PM) I totally popped for Ortons RKO on Sheamus. I did too, and I rarely pop for anything Orton does. Its Tropic Sun vs The Ghost
-
Internet Warriors
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 26, 2010 -> 08:56 AM) LOL at the sad snowflake. I nearly spit coffee. please dont spit it on your keyboard. As we all know, we need to hide behind these keyboards from big bad jimmy
-
Internet Warriors
JimH gets a sad snowflake from me for his neverending effort to be relevant on the internets...
-
The Jim Thome Saga Ends
LOL @ JimH trying to drag people into fights on the chicagonow board. "Im right here, Im not hiding...."
-
Music Thread
QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jan 24, 2010 -> 07:00 AM) I need to get that. I couldnt remember their name when I was buying music the other day. Thank you Kyle, you are the greatest human being that ever existed. im flattered!
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 04:55 PM) Any sound clips of Stacey King going off after that Rose dunk?
-
Music Thread
im really enjoying Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
-
MMA Thread
No, Brock/Mir II wasnt close at all. Mir's face looked like hamburger after the fight, he was resembling the elephant man with how lopsided his face was when he started swelling
-
MMA Thread
Mir has been talking a lot of s*** about Brock. Last time he beat Mir, it was to "get the horseshoe out of his ass", this time I think it will be much more personal and Brock is going to try and hurt him.
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
Impact was all over the place. Hall was hilarious when he called Xpac cheech, lol Did I miss something when Hogan said that Nash needed to let them(the band) know that they needed to be better, then he transitioned to throwing them out on the next segment? Was there something in between that angered Hogan that I missed while channel surfing or did Hogan just go to the ring and kick them out of the Impact zone?
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
having a coach named chud would be cool
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 21, 2010 -> 01:36 PM) This might have been in the thread already, but do you guys know if Monte Kiffin followed his son to USC? I wouldnt think it would be in the best interests of his health to stay
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 21, 2010 -> 12:28 PM) Hogan sticking up for his friends.. WCW 2.0 ... sighhhh We tried to tell you! lol I dont compare this really to WCW though. I compare this to the truly awful things Hogan said about the braindead friend of Nick Hogan. Hogan has no concept of the real world