Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 07:27 PM) They are actually buddies. He lobbied for the Bears to hire him. Also, with the whole 2011 thing looming, the Bears won't fire Lovie midseason to hire Martz. If they're going to fire him, it's going to be for Cowher. No, not midseason firing and hiring. end of season. And I dont think Martz would get it, but I would not want the distraction that happened in Detroit and San Fran
  2. QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 06:25 PM) I don't see that in Chicago for a couple of reasons. He knows if the Bears don't perform, Lovie is gone, so there wouldn't be much angling to do anyway. Also, Lovie is his buddy. I don't think he would screw over Lovie for that fact alone. If Lovie was gone, he would be lobbying for the newly created opening at head coach, just like he did in Detroit, and just like he did in San Fran. It makes perfect sense. And are Martz and Lovie buddies? Or did they just coach on the same team together?
  3. QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 07:15 PM) Think he's a hall of famer? absolutely Top 10 similar pitchers according to baseball-reference.com 1. Roger Clemens (850) 2. Tom Glavine (829) 3. Tom Seaver (824) * 4. Bob Feller (798) * 5. Jim Palmer (791) * 6. Lefty Grove (788) * 7. Bob Gibson (778) * 8. Steve Carlton (759) * 9. Mike Mussina (756) 10. Bert Blyleven (752)
  4. QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 06:42 PM) Yo kyle - I am sorry for way I acted in this thread earlier, I go through some serious mood changes, 95% of time I am very peaceful and overstanding, the past 2 days were part of my 5% lazy piss off mood. The spoiler is an excellent idea. Good good. It happens. Just remember, its just wrestling, there are far more important things to get pissed at someone for. I just dont think you understand that I want TNA to be better, but from what I saw, I have some serious doubts. I know it was the first week and all, but that was their shining moment, an entire hour before RAW started, and IMO they laid a big fat stinker in the ring. The part that I thought was the biggest mistake was the feeling that bringing Hogan out at the same time Hart was making his debut was going to steal ratings. Come on, Hogan hasnt been away from the game for 12 years with a chip on his shoulder due to an embarrassing(for Hart) match ending. That entire show should have started with, and revolved around Hogan, and instead we get an X division cage match that ended in a Baton DQ. The next few weeks are going to show a lot regarding the true direction TNA is going. We already know that WWE is leading into a Hart/McMahon/HBK showdown, what can TNA do to possibly divert attention away from that?
  5. i would like to see the hourly breakdown as well. It has to be pretty interesting when you see how they spike and drop with each promo and appearance
  6. QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 06:05 PM) The Cubs just lost the NL Central, but we knew that was going to happen anyhow. what?!?!?! Marlon Byrd 3 yrs/15Mil > Matt Holliday 7 years/120 mil. Just ask Hendry
  7. im worried if Martz comes in its going to be another percieved attempt at a power play by Martz. In both Detroit and San Fran there was a lot of talk that he was doing behind the scenes angling for the HC job and that led to his dismissal because he wasnt concentrating on his own job
  8. Official Holliday resigns with Cards
  9. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 05:33 PM) If this commitment of money means they can't afford to extend Albert at roughly ARod rates, then it's an absolutely foolish contract. This is going to hamstring them in more ways than just signing Pujols again. The Cards cannot spend money like the Yankees, there are going to be a lot of bargain bin fill in positions around Holliday and Pujols in the next 7 years
  10. WTF did they expect? I mean, multiple felony possession charges, and it isnt the first time he has been in trouble with the law(and I think he has been in trouble for pills before too, IIRC he was on the Benoit doctor list). Believe me, if Hardy was clean and had no problems, Vince would still have him jumping off ladders and scaffolds
  11. QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 02:59 PM) its like you dont even know Eric Bischoff and Hogan
  12. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 09:11 AM) So, is USC officially the most corrupt program in the country? Clearly the football team does nothing but cheat (yet doesn't get punished for it...still waiting on that Reggie Bush report), and now the basketball program. And is this really a surprise? A failed college/NBA coach lands the top recruit for a one and done year, and he did it on the up and up? Makes you wonder how Syracuse got away with it
  13. Kyyle23 replied to Brian's topic in SLaM
    I remember when Jewel brand soda was 10-25 cents, and the variety was crazy awesome. I used to walk in the soda aisle and buy like 10 bucks worth in high school for the week. Black Cherry was the best, hands down. This was only like 10-15 years ago, then they started pricing it competitively.
  14. Why do you keep pegging me as an E mark because I didnt like the TNA show? Anywhere in my posts last night did it seem like I was marking out to anything BUT Hart? Seriously, you want TNA to be so good, and I can appreciate that, but last night was not good, and they need to get much better if they want to be mentioned in the same breath as late 90's WCW, much less WWE right now. You even said it yourself. i called it as I saw it last night. If you noticed, I didnt glow over the WWE show and was pretty disappointed in what they offered outside of Hart/McMahon/HBK. The problem I had with the Angle/Styles fight was that the ref was honestly HORRIBLE and he couldnt sell anything. The guy is in the ring supposed to be guiding the fight and making it believeable, the only thing it looked like to me was a spotfest that dragged out because the ref couldnt make it look realistic, and Angle cannot carry his fights anymore. Styles is a great wrestler, and all along I thought that he should be the guy that they build around, but they havent and now they have the WCW/Ex WWE reunion and the womens matches. Im sorry but im not going to mark out like you because the womens matches were good. In fact, I dont know that they were good, or great, or amazing as you said because I tuned out because they were womens matches. Im going to call this monday night war as I see it, im sorry you disagree
  15. QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 07:53 AM) Some of you WWE faithfuls are absolutely nuts to still be with that show Bret Hart + Jerishow + Possibly Orton/Kofi gives the show a 5 in my book, which is better then anything WWE Raw has done in past 6 months (5/10). I am guessing this Bret Hart thing will be only good on promos / the fact its Bret Hart. I can't say im very interested in it, but at the same time it's not as if im bored with it. Its same old vince vs ___ wrestlemania storyline / buildup. Although - Bret Hart is amazing. Tna obviously wins from me, AJ / Angle match was off the hook, KYle you need to get your head serious checked out to say it wasn't a good match or something, f*** you TNA had not done as good as it could have, but its certaintly going places. Hogan promo vs Jeff really showed that. I cant really understand the ending with foley. I can tell you one thing - IF they give Xpac/ Nash / Hall the god status it will go extremely downhill. These guys are same as bret hart. OLD. If they cant put on a good wrestling match, dont give them any god status. If RVD/Ken Kennedy/Goldberg/Others premier on TNA in the upcoming weeks (especially RVD!) then it will be better. The problem with tonight was there was so much surprises it killed any storyline other then hogan, or killed most matches (hence most matches only being 5 mins or so) The TNA Knocout tag team match was amazing, the AJ Styles vs. Angle match was AWESOME! While there was feelings of WCW, it was a Fresh broadcast, something WWE has serious lacked for years. Ok Cryptville, this is my one warning. If you tell me, or anyone else here f*** you, or you are retarded, or keep going with the personal attacks, im recommending a suspension for you. Its ok to disagree here, this thread has been about disagreements from the beginning, but you seem to be taking this way too seriously.
  16. lol, 1 night, 11 pages.
  17. QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Jan 4, 2010 -> 11:02 PM) I don't know what they want to do with Sting, he's been off again on again doing the rafter deal in TNA. He doesn't wanna wrestle much, so I think it's their way of trying to keep him involved. I don't think Hogan is going to be on all the time, he's smart enough to know he can't be cause he'll burn out and the crowd won't care. He's best in short doses. If it wasn't for Bret, I honestly would not have watched Raw. If it wasnt for Hogan, I wouldnt have watched TNA. And Hogan doesnt have the drawing power for me anymore for me to tune in every week to see what he has in store. Its not like he is going to give us an amazing match when he actually wrestles, and that goes for most of his buddies too. Thats why I think this move will backfire, the quality of wrestling on that show is going to go down when the actual talent is forced to the side for the superstars. The big leg drop for hogan isnt much of a finisher anywhere else in the world of wrestling anymore, its barely even a starter move. The key to TNA is Bischoff. He can recognize talent and he can put on a show, but sometimes his ego gets the best of him, especially when he is surrounded by the boys
  18. Regardless of how I felt about TNAs show tonite, I still recognize that competition breeds success, and WWE has succeeded before when competition has presented itself. I have hope that TNA can right the ship, but they have to truly walk the "you gotta earn it" walk and not just say it and hand the strap to Hogan or Nash etc. I was really disappointed that they went Sting 1997-1999. The hiding in the background/rafters thing just doesnt excite me anymore. It isnt like he is gonna come flying in on a rope and surprise everyone.
  19. Kyyle23 replied to Brian's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 4, 2010 -> 10:40 PM) I don't know if it took a few years to get like that! Yeah, you are right. Originally I put a couple of months, but i changed it. Its been such a long time since I played an NES. Mine was actually in good shape for a while, I had one of those cleaner cartridges for the console and the alcohol swabs for the cartridges. Whenever i rented a game I cleaned the game before I put it in my NES and 9 times out of 10 it was dirty as hell
  20. Kyyle23 replied to Brian's topic in SLaM
    remember with the original NES, after a few years you had to blow in your game, blow in the console, put the game in, click it down, slide it over to the side, then hit the power button and HOPEFULLY your nintendo would work? if not, repeat until it worked.
  21. Ok guys, lets give our ratings. First monday night wars in a long ass time, lets keep it simple and rate it on a 10 Shooting Star Press scale(name it whatever you want, scale it to 10) TNA 5 Shooting Star Presses. The people were there, the hype was there, the unexpected wrestler(Hardy) showed up. To me, the drawback was lack of any moveable storyline, the facetime for Naitch and the Nasty Boys, Hall looking visibly drunk, and the total disaster that was the opening cagematch. This was their time to shine and they did not, they delivered a product that is not different from what they have been delivering. WWE 6 Shooting Star Presses. Hart alone was a storyline that will draw for the next 3 months up until mania, and Vince did what we all knew he would do and we watched him anyways, which gives them the slight edge. Jericho is (finally) off RAW, and it looks like Show will be going back to true singles competition, maybe even a story with Jericho after looking at the end of the match. The in between was pretty forgettable, but at least they remembered Dr Death(as opposed to Umaga)
  22. QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 4, 2010 -> 10:09 PM) Vinny with a kick to the balls....or probably guts, but still! Is it just me, or did Bret actually look a little younger by the end of the show? It's the weirdest thing. He looked a lot more alive at the end than he did when he walked out at 8:00. he water slicked his hair. Vince is gonna be in the sharpshooter by mania. Thats awesome. I still think HBK plays some part in it, I just dont know which side yet. So Foley went to knock out Bischoff and Nash, Hall and Xpac made the save?
  23. QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 4, 2010 -> 09:45 PM) I think people need to understand. The whole point of TNA tonight with these old guys is to show and get in peoples' minds that even though they think their in the club, that's not how it's going to work. So all these guys trying to gain entrance because their Hogan's friends, are going to have a much harder time finding out that it doesn't matter. Hence, the Nasty Boyz not being on the list. Dixie was promised not the stale show that led to the downfall of WCW as long as she brought along Eric with Hogan. That's the point with Jarrett having to earn his keep. Same with the nWo. So far, I've liked TNA's show much better overall than WWE's minus the Bret Hart segments and Jerishow. And that's because Bret Hart is my favorite wrestler ever. BTW, this AJ and Angle match is great. We just dont see eye to eye. This Styles/Angle match has been brutal, and I wasnt flipping back and forth. Angle is a shell of his former self. I think you need to understand that you are about to see the same thing that brought down WCW, because thats what Im seeing here. The entire show tonite was crap, the Big Show/DX match was better than anything TNA offered. The production, follow through, excitement. My buddy was right, this is like watching the NFL vs the XFL
  24. QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 4, 2010 -> 09:33 PM) He's supposed to be a heel. He's just really frustrated because they've buried him. They haven't done anything meaningful with him in forever. And this is the problem with what I think TNA is about to do here. Bury any talent they have and give guys like the Nasty Boys 2 segments. WTF is that? And if Styles loses the strap tonite.....all I can say is not good

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.