Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (â‹®) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?

Featured Replies

Schriffen seemed to strongly imply that the current booth of him and Stoney is coming to an end. I think what he was getting at is that Stone won't be with them next season.

Any ideas who they replace Stone with? Any preferences?

Do we know that Schriff is coming back?

@Y2Jimmy0 said in a previous post about this discussion that the Schriffdawg is likely OUT after this season.

Shocking that any team would let a talent like this go…

🤣🤣🤣

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Steve has a multi-year deal with the Sox: https://www.mlb.com/news/steve-stone-multiyear-agreement-white-sox-tv-analyst.

If Stone had decided to retire, I doubt it would have been a quick announcement at the end of a broadcast. He's been part of Chicago baseball - on the field and in the booth - for 50 years. I imagine he would at least get a retirement ceremony before a game and maybe a farewell seasonlong celebration like Howie Rose and Rick Rizzs in New York and Seattle.

I think it's more likely Schriff is done. Steve doesn't do many road games already and Plesac is who I would like when Steve hangs it up for good.

Gordon Beckham

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Schriffen seemed to strongly imply that the current booth of him and Stoney is coming to an end. I think what he was getting at is that Stone won't be with them next season.

Any ideas who they replace Stone with? Any preferences?

I think Schriffen knows with his deal expired and with no guarantees baseball will be played next season "he gawn..."

Stone isn't going anywhere.

He was definitely referring to himself and not Stone. Steve Stone would get a major sendoff.

I don't mind Schriffen. But sounds like Conner already was being prepped for the job.

43 minutes ago, HoosierSox said:

I think it's more likely Schriff is done. Steve doesn't do many road games already and Plesac is who I would like when Steve hangs it up for good.

Oh please no

21 minutes ago, NotSoRetro1983Hat said:

He was definitely referring to himself and not Stone. Steve Stone would get a major sendoff.

I don't mind Schriffen. But sounds like Conner already was being prepped for the job.

I can’t believe there are people that think McKnight is good. I get not liking Schriffen, but McKnight has just as many warts.

21 minutes ago, NotSoRetro1983Hat said:

He was definitely referring to himself and not Stone. Steve Stone would get a major sendoff.

I don't mind Schriffen. But sounds like Conner already was being prepped for the job.

Gross. I'm not going to hate on John anymore I've said my share on him. But Conner is even worse. John had his problems but excitement wasn't one of them. It would be cool if they poached Aaron Goldsmith from the Mariners but I doubt they spend any money on it. Conner is probably cheap.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.