Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (longshot7 @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 03:13 PM) Hogan signs with TNA, and Bischoff comes with him. Ugh. http://pwinsider.com/article/42534/hulk-ho...th-him.html?p=1 this cant last long. Russo and Bischoff cant stand each other. The harder TNA tries, the more they look like a weak copy of WCW
  2. QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 02:04 PM) Urlacher was most effective when we had Traylor and Williams to keep him clean. Obviously their size keeps personnel such as them from being placed into a Cover 2 scheme, but one would think there would be a hybrid system... Ray Lewis is another guy who benefitted immensely from having humungous tackles occupying space in front of him during their superbowl run and following years. He had guys like Goose in front of him taking doubleteams and blockers and he could just go anywhere he wanted. Im not saying those guys up front MADE Ray Lewis, he is still an amazing player, but they allowed him to be that much better, which is what Traylor and Washington did for Urlacher
  3. I think this whole series hinges on Pedro in game 2. If he shows up, it goes to 7 games. If he doesnt, game over, Hamel or no Hamel
  4. Dan Snyder and Redskin fans dont like each other too much
  5. QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 01:02 PM) When you finally get to watch a team play several games in a row, you discover many players are just like ours ... inconsistent. When you don't see them on a consistent basis, you tend to overvalue them because they are the unknown. They get hot and cold just like our players. That's why a .300 batting average is considered godlike. Three successes in 10 at bats. Figgins is no savior; just as Pods is no savior. But Pods arguably was better than Figgo this season; Pods was better than a lot of players. If people watched all players as closely as they do the Sox they'd see it. That said ... the Yankees' dominance in the playoffs shows it truly was their year. Please argue this. Include defense and offense http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6986 http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=4405 Right now I am looking at a difference of .006 in BA, Chone has a better SB%, OBP%, plays infield and outfield, more RBI, more runs scored. Please argue this
  6. QUOTE (docsox24 @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 11:35 AM) yes, yes and i have seen how these over hyped prospects, especially pitchers, have turned out and they arent worth the ridiculous financial risk. do you think the red sox wish they paid dice k still? he helped them win a world series in 07, Im sure that counts for something
  7. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 11:10 AM) I see DeWayne Wise syndrome has taken over Bears fans... Blame the 4th stringer. Roach is MLB now, he is calling the plays, making the changes, He is basically the quarterback of the defense. When the defense performs that bad, and the guy supposed to be in charge is way out of position consistently, and the defense is not making plays, he is going to catch blame. This isnt really a Wise situation. He was supposed to start because Ozzie wanted him to after ST(because he didnt feel anyone was better suited for the job), not because BA was hurt.
  8. lots of heads beating on walls here.
  9. Roach was straight up out of position everytime I saw a replay. Benson was faking him out of his shoes
  10. Kyyle23 replied to juddling's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 26, 2009 -> 02:20 PM) Oh my. You guys into S&M too? We were going to invite you guys over next
  11. Haha, Larry Johnson likes to tweet http://deadspin.com/5390152/larry-johnson-...ted-this-season
  12. Kyyle23 replied to juddling's topic in SLaM
    Me and my wife decided to go through the Saw series together. So far so good
  13. QUOTE (docsox24 @ Oct 26, 2009 -> 12:54 PM) and there still isnt oh right, he is out of spain
  14. Have you guys seen the pics of the fling that got Phillips fired from the Mets? He has a pattern of hunting down less-than-models
  15. QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 03:13 PM) What does this have to do with the National Wrestling Alliance? I'm ashamed of you for missing that one, Kyyle. Back on topic, that is indeed hideous and misguided. while working I see northwest airlines all the time. It was the first thing that popped in my head
  16. QUOTE (JPN366 @ Oct 26, 2009 -> 09:34 AM) I don't care what he did or didn't do with his ding-a-ling, I just thought he was the worst football commentator ever. I have gotten to the point where I believe that about just about every sports commentator/analyst that ESPN employs.
  17. Kyyle23 replied to juddling's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Oct 25, 2009 -> 04:57 PM) I've still gotta see 5 & 6 obviously, but I've read that they've signed on until at least 7. IIRC the series is being written for 9 of them. http://screenrant.com/9-saws-brusimm-12601/#
  18. QUOTE (JPN366 @ Oct 25, 2009 -> 09:12 PM) He was the Sean Salisbury of baseball, good riddance. Watch what you say, Salisbury is suing Deadspin for defamation and slander, and it directly involves the allegations that Salisbury took pics of himself and sent them to a staffer. he just might sue you too!
  19. Kyyle23 replied to juddling's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 25, 2009 -> 09:28 AM) Actually no, that wasn't what I was trying to say, it'd be silly to be too picky on that kind of movie too much. The action was awesome, big dumb summer blockbuster fun. I just thought it was really lame for them to go so far as to and then say nothing, absolutely nothing about it for the rest of the movie. It's not like it was a "Luke, I am your father" bombshell either because you already knew it happened, if you're not going to bother to address it why mention it at all? They may as well have run a trailer for "G.I. Joe 2, coming summer 2010!" Oh another minor annoyance in the movie was when they showed a flashback scene for Duke where he's wearing his dress uniform and he has on major rank. In the movie's present, Duke is a captain in the Army. Whoops. Being a veteran totally ruins these things, I can't help but to notice and they stick out like a sore thumb. Having said that I would take G.I. Joe over Transformers 2 any day. There were no obvious facepalming "why the f*** did they put this in the movie" moments like with Transformers 2. Remember, Bay left the major facepalming moments for part 2. Sommers doesnt exactly have the best resume when it comes to continuity and believability either.
  20. Kyyle23 replied to greasywheels121's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Oct 25, 2009 -> 09:15 AM) Monsters of Folk is kind of a "supergroup" with Jim James of My Morning Jacket, Conor Oberst and Mike Mogis of Bright Eyes, and M. Ward. Their 'regular' bands are all good too. Its really interesting, the music flexes from folk to "garage-sound" rock. I dont know why, but when I hear it I think Supertramp
  21. Kyyle23 replied to greasywheels121's topic in SLaM
    I was cleaning the house yesterday and I put on the music channels while I am doing it, and first I put on Adult Alternative thinking it was going to be stuff that I grew up on in the 90's, but it didnt end up being like that, it was more "softer" alternative. I did hear a good band though, Monsters of Folk, and the song I heard was "ahead of the curve". I got the album last night and it is very interesting, I think it is definitely a "background music" type for me, but thats not a bad thing. I then switched to the normal Alternative station and heard a band called Metric. It has a chick lead singer, but I really like it. Its kind of like The Cardigans with an edge. "Help, Im Alive" is a badass song, I really like it.
  22. QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 25, 2009 -> 02:56 AM) You threw up in your mouth too? I remember liking Harbaugh like most Bears fans did, but I went back and looked at his stats and he was really mediocre. Maybe that's just because throwing for 3000 yards is more common in today's NFL or maybe it was just because he played on some s*** teams, but he was not very good. He had a lot of swagger and hype coming out of college, and I think that made people like me and you(who were between 7 and 11 at the time) think that he was much better than he was. I know exactly how you feel, I remember hearing all about him how he was gonna be the future, and you look back and see he wasnt much of anything. He did have a few pretty good seasons with the Colts IIRC
  23. looks like CNN redid their site
  24. QUOTE (G&T @ Oct 24, 2009 -> 07:52 AM) Not to mention they might end up in jail, and lose their kids. plus fines and other expenses incurred during the incident. Im pretty sure a 911 call is quite expensive, not to mention calling the FAA
  25. They need to fire Rothschild before they can add Duncan. Rothschild is like a roach though, he has survived the past 3 coaching regimes

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.