Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. Kyyle23 replied to juddling's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 05:51 PM) nerd dork
  2. Kyyle23 replied to juddling's topic in SLaM
    I massively disappointed in Watchmen. I was ready for it to be more, but some of the actors killed it for me(Malin Ackerman specifically. She is such a bad actress that I actually find her completely unattractive now). Rohrschach was awesome, The Comedian was decent in the few shots he got, and Dr Manhattan was cool, but Nite Owl, Silk Spectre II and Ozymandias were just awful.
  3. QUOTE (jenks45monster @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 04:24 PM) I've also heard Japan as a possible destination should he not sign. Would he then be subject to their rules about going to the majors(minimum service time)? Or is that only Japanese citizens?
  4. QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 02:45 PM) It's not as easy as it sounds. Not that he can't do it, but that's a lot to learn. Plus he'd have to bulk up, and his acceleration isn't actually anything special either. And he would also have to hope that his body could withstand the force of 220-350 men tackling him at full speed. Guys that have played football all of their lives have built up a tolerance to that kind of a beating, you cannot just jump into that kind of situation and think it will all be fine. It really is a pipe dream
  5. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 03:03 PM) Raburn had three errors yesterday, including two in the 10th inning. I imagine Huff will DH with Guillen shifting to left. Whahaha and that is a good thing for the tigers? LOL, by all means. Go ahead and put Guillen in left
  6. Isnt Huff at this point a 1B or 3b? Who is he going to replace? Inge or Cabrera? I cant see them replacing Raburn in the outfield, that would be disastrous defensively. Even if you replace Inge with Huff at 3rd, the guy is a butcher IIRC
  7. QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 02:40 PM) I've said all along I still think Favre will come back and I stand by it. He just didn't want to deal with training camp, and now that training camp is almost over, the rumors are starting, and soon enough he will be back. I said the same thing, Sage Rosenfels and Tarvaris Jackson? GMAB. He is just building up his reservoir of fake tears for his next 3 months. Gotta cry about lotsa stuff
  8. QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 01:58 PM) Ozzie is learning!! Its not the first time he has done this so far
  9. QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 01:32 PM) You need to be able to catch, run routes, and block, all harder to do than it sounds. Speed by itself doesn't mean s***. Those type of guys are a dime a dozen actually. Airese Curry anyone?
  10. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 01:48 PM) Can’t argue that he’s off to a good start, eh? Regardless, I doubt any arm slot is perfect. There’s nothing you can do to completely surmount the unnatural quality of throwing a baseball. People just dont have the same bodies or thresholds to declare anything perfect. Lincecum could be completely shredding his shoulder right now for all we know with all of the straight arm torque he puts on it with his "grab a dollar off the ground" motion
  11. Kyyle23 replied to juddling's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 01:45 PM) No but I want to. http://screenrant.com/district-9-neill-blo...alo-ross-21740/
  12. Kyyle23 replied to juddling's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 01:42 PM) So refreshing to see something other than a cookie cutter Hollywood sci-fi action flick. Did you watch the short film that inspired the feature film?
  13. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 01:31 PM) His numbers in college were sensational. The hype was justified; the problem was that there was a huge misconception about just how “perfect” his mechanics were. I don’t think anyone can deny that he did experience significant success at the major league level when he was healthy. He was a good pitcher, a really good pitcher, but his fatal flaw was his arm slot, and the pressure his delivery exerted on his shoulder. A guy like Lincecum has developed a method that allows him to deliver the ball over-the top with minimal stress, Prior used his stress to increase velocity, which increased wear and tear. Lets see what happens in the next 5 years before we declare another guys mechanics revolutionary
  14. Strasburg will sign, Boras and Strasburg will make a boatload, Strasburg will blow out his billion dollar arm, and in 3 years the Nats will be right back at square 1, dealing with Boras.
  15. Bolt was thumping his chest before he crossed the finish line. The guy knows that there isnt anyone close to him right now
  16. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 09:06 AM) Wii Sports Resort is a f***ing blast. can you play people through Wi-Fi? I havent looked at it closely yet
  17. The Bobby Jenks thread sure to follow this game will certainly be hilarious
  18. QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 02:42 PM) I trust BaseballAmerica more than anyone else when it comes to the draft, and Jim Callis says he'd be "stunned" if Strasburg doesn't sign. I bet Callis was "stunned" when Aaron Crow didnt sign. Or JD Drew http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4401500
  19. I was just reading the box score of the Twins/Indians game, and I noticed this: Alexei has been dreadfully inconsistent(key word dreadful), but it doesnt seem like KW downgraded the position over the offseason. He just did not upgrade it.
  20. http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=4402589
  21. Kyyle23 replied to juddling's topic in SLaM
  22. QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 12:49 PM) It's kind of a "Sunday" lineup still, with PK and Q resting, but you gotta like these lineups a lot better with Kotsay and Rios in the mix. No it isnt. Back when PK and Q were subbed out for Fields and Wise, THAT was a sunday lineup. When you put in Kotsay and Rios/Pods, thats just a different versatile lineup. I like it a lot
  23. The secret to Bobbys success is his uncles wife *rimshot* bad 80's joke
  24. Boras has apparently slapped a 50 million dollar pricetag on Strasburg, obviously the Nationals are hesitant to commit to something that hefty, especially considering it is 40 million dollars more than the largest contract offered to a draftee. I am curious what you guys feel is going to happen? Is this going to be Aaron Crow part 2? Is Strasburg going to pitch in the Independent league for a year until next years draft and cast his lot with the likes of Pittsburgh, San Diego, and other bottom feeders that will probably be just as reticent to pay out 50 million bucks, as well as risk injury between now and next years draft? Or will Strasburg force Boras to accept what was originally to be offered(in the range of 15-18 million) so that he can jump in and start his career? Ryan Zimmerman had this to say: Rob Dibble, speaking from a position of strength, had this to say: I have been wondering how long it would be before Boras had a true backfire in his management of clientele. I truly believe this could be the one that blows up in his face.
  25. QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 03:24 PM) You couldn't come up with a worst better nickname than Bacon Bacon makes everything better

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.