Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread
The Score just reported that Patrick Kane was arrested in Buffalo last night for assaulting a cab driver and refusing to pay his fare(robbery). He was with his cousin
-
Should we sign Gordon to an Evan Longoria-type contract?
I am for it. Everything I have seen indicates to me that he is the Real Deal. locking him up through all of those ridiculous arbitration years is very beneficial to the club and gives the player security as well.
-
Video Game Catch-All Thread
Super Mario Sextape
-
Confirmed: White Sox claim on Alex Rios on waivers
QUOTE (JDsDirtySox @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 10:37 PM) It is now being reported that Rios has a no trade clause, and a no trade clause overrides waivers... according to Will Carroll. Not sure how that works... but more and more things are pointing to Rios staying in Canada. Why would Rios want to stay? He can be dropped into a pennant race, or stay in 4th place in a city where he already has had some problems.
-
Is Dye being traded for Rios???
QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 10:15 PM) If you guys want to mock me for standing up for Jermaine Dye, by all means do so. He is not "atrocious" or "horrendous" in the outfield. You act like every ball hit out there drops. Jermaine Dye is a f***ing stud. You disgree with this?? Wow. Excuse me while I pop in my World Series tape. Well then, Im going to pop in my 1993 Toronto Blue Jays World Series footage and hope that Joe Carter is the starting right fielder next year.
-
Is Dye being traded for Rios???
QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 09:54 PM) He's not a great outfielder, but he's not "horrendous" either. Some people would love it if we could switch players every month. Guys are easy to take for granted. How could anybody blast Dye? Ingrates. LOL, Classic.
-
Chat Crew 2009
QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 07:37 PM) Let's go. http://mike.westernave.net/chat/chatroom.html this
-
Confirmed: White Sox claim on Alex Rios on waivers
Ricciardi is already complaining about the leak of Rios waiver claim. http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/678271 He complained all the way through the July 31st deadline and he is already b****ing about what is happening now. I dont think he gets anything done because all he wants to do is complain
-
Billy Mays dead
QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 07:22 AM) i'm not an expert yet but i would imagine it can't be good for you to have a heart condition and be on coumadin, zoloft, hydrocodone, oxycodone, and cocaine all at once oh absolutely. All I am saying is that cocaine wasnt "it", just part of it. And really, if he wasnt under the influence of cocaine when he died, im thinking it is the combination of the other drugs that did him in moreso. The cocaine in the days leading up to his death probably just kickstarted the process.
-
Confirmed: White Sox claim on Alex Rios on waivers
Is there a negotiation window for this. is it on some sort of timer once a claim is placed?
-
Music Thread
QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 07:16 AM) He can't stop himself from faaallllinnnn'! Too soon? He definitely couldnt stop himself the other day. In regards to him being too old to do his "moves", whatever. He took a misstep and fell off the stage, it happens, even to young guys and women.
-
Billy Mays dead
Cocaine wasnt the cause of death, only a contributing factor according to the autopsy report, he was also found to be on a few hypertension and anxiety drugs. And he was to have hip replacement surgery the day after he was found dead, so he was on hydrocodone and oxycodone. Cocaine was part of it, but not the sole reason he died. http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainmen...0,3779585.story
-
Films Thread
QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 05:20 PM) "popcorn movie" is the cheapest, and stupidest way to describe a movie. When Jose Contreras walks 5 guys, only goes 3 innings and the Sox lose, nobody who actually went to the game would describe as a good "peanut and cracker jack" game. They may have actually enjoyed themselves, but common sense and people who are snobs about the quality of a product know it's a s***ty game. good to know, thanks
-
Films Thread
QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 01:50 PM) As stated above, RT and IMDB are both too filled with fanboys and haters to really get a good idea of how much you will enjoy a movie. That's why I've given up on mainstream critics and just do the crazy thing....go see it for myself if it sounds interesting. The main site that I read now is screenrant.com, and the owner of the site has just been abusing the film, the director, the trailers, the choice of actors. And he really enjoyed the movie, gave it 3.5 out of 5 stars, which makes me think that there is a chance I will like it. He doesnt act like the film is the second coming, he said it is just a good summer popcorn action flick. I can accept that another site I frequent for movies is www.darkhorizons.com, and this is what the owner of the site said in his opening paragraph of his review I know, the Tolstoy comment is overboard, but I have seen this guy rip apart some movies that are expected to be much better than GI Joe
-
If Linebrink keeps on this path
QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 11:53 AM) i never said that. gotta reread carefully huh, here I am thinking you need to write more carefully I knew what you meant, you worded it weird. whatever though
-
Does Kenny have his eye on Wagner?
Im not really in love with the idea of trading for a reliever who had tommy john surgery less than a year ago
-
Carlos Quentin...
I agree with Balta, I think he is just getting his timing back. Against the yankees he looked much better
-
Carl Pavano traded
QUOTE (BFirebird @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 11:02 AM) on espn.com as well. For a PTBNL. Who goes out of the rotation? Liriano? probably replacing Bakers vacated spot in the rotation
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 09:25 AM) Right but atleast in this case it seems like was just over the counter stuff... OTC stuff raises your testosterone level?
-
Films Thread
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 09:45 AM) Just pointing out a well known and widely used barometer. pfffft Its not like im going to see it in the theater, but I wont avoid it like the plague when it comes out like I thought I would. Like the Fantastic 4 movies
-
Films Thread
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 09:39 AM) Currently at 41% at Rotten Tomatoes. I read reviews from a few movie bloggers that seem to have similar tastes to me. Rotten tomatoes does nothing for me, fanboys can skew it as much as haters
-
Films Thread
Wow, GI Joe getting some decent-good reviews. color me very surprised
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 11:01 PM) And I should believe that because I've never heard it from an athlete before? I accidentally used my practice bat I have never failed a test My trainer gave it to me, I thought it was ok Or, you can just be the Williams twins and get a lawyer
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
I spent college drinking Natty lite and Keystone. Watery beer doesnt affect me
-
Shark Week!
The night dive with 6 gilled sharks was pretty damn cool